What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

first dead angels

A

Anonymous

good crumple zones on the front, cabs all intact-well built rczs i recon.

HelsBels

Reaction score
My poor FG is on the critical list - waiting to hear if it is recoverable.

Yesterday morning on my way to work a kindly BMW decided to kiss my rear and shunt me into a lorry.
Very small dent in the lorry, little bit of a radiator problem and knocked off number plate on the BMW and me sandwiched in-between.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

• Poorly FG 1.JPG
    Poorly FG 1.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 923
  • Poorly FG 2.JPG
    Poorly FG 2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 923
A

Anonymous

Hell's Bells :shock: :eek: :shock: ! That's just awful. I do hope YOU'RE ok??? I can't see how Flash Gordon could be salvaged but I seriously hope he can!

HelsBels

Reaction score
Peugeot Assist get a thumbs up from me (so far).
Was struggling with the insurance company (on hold stood out in the cold), so I phoned Peugeot Assist and they arranged our recovery, got me home, got me a hire car (3008 exec) and they are now managing the claim via all the insurers.
I have a badly bruised left hand, a very tiny graze on left knee and the whiplash aches are kicking in but other than that ok considering.
The BMW driver hit us hard.
We were in stop-start traffic queues and I was stationary having stopped in plenty of time but the BMW whacked us badly.

FGRob

Reaction score
That's some damage Helen, I'm glad you're OK. It looks bad but if it drives it should repair, but then again I don't know if I would accept it back, how old is it and how many miles have you done. It's not a pretty site but I think I would prefer to be in the RCZ with the big boot and front end with the force the BMW hit you.

I hope it sorts itself out for you quickly, just rest up, but more importantly get off to the doctor for a check up if you've not already done so.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

:cry: Sorry to hear (and see that) H, hope all goes well for you - it's a terrible sight ............fekin beemer driver to hit you that hard mustve been texting or summat!

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear you are ok after seeing those pictures. Awful to see the RCZ like that. I was the meat in a 'sandwich accident' a few weeks ago in my other car, a big Mazda CX-7. I was the same as you, in a stop start jam on the motorway, when a pick up truck ploughed into the back of me at about 35mph (he claimed the brakes had failed!) and pushed me into the car in front...which was about 3 metres ahead!! Thank God for seatbelts! I feel for you but here's hoping you get a brand new RCZ out of it because as Rob said, I don't think I would be too happy about getting that repaired.

A

Anonymous

Goop to hear you're ok, at the end of the day it's only a car, an RCZ i know, but still only plastic and metal, on the issue of repairable, personaly i wouldnt go any where near having that repaired, you will never have the same look on it, and it will be listed on the insurance data base as major repair, so if you ever go to sell or part ex it will show up like the front end of a Beemer screaming towards you !!!!!!! :shock:

Take a pay out from the insurance company and be well rid of it, sad i know but it could of been even worse, at least you are here talking about. Good luck, not that you need any by the looks of that. Any chance of you putting a lucky dip on the lotto for me next week. :D

I have to say though, the cabin has held up quit well, at least that's reassuring.

HelsBels

Reaction score
Thought I would give an update on my now dead angel.
I'd had the car only 3 weeks when the accident happened (ex demonstrator with 5k miles on it - I'd only put another 700 miles on it), I've now had my courtesy hire car almost twice as long as I owned the RCZ!!!
Waiting for the cheques to arrive having decided not to try to get it repaired (estimated value to repair £18k!!!) and it is going off to a salvage co.
Searched the length and breadth of the country to replace it, but every time I thought I'd found one was either pipped at the post, or was too expensive due to much higher spec than mine. (Also, being fussy and only wanting a Opal white 2.0 HDi - lots of ex demo/pre-reg pearls out there but not opals).

Anyway, now joined the waiting club having placed an order for a brand new one with exactly the same spec as my wrecked one!
Because I got such a good deal on my original car I was in the fortunate position to have had my car valued pre-accident considerably more than I originally paid, but I'm having to pay a little bit extra to buy new.
Not got a delivery date yet, but I'm already impatient! :roll:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the waiting game HelsBels. I too have just ordered a replacement but I wanted Pearl rather than Opel (not seen an Opel yet.

A

Anonymous

this post is traumatic!!! would hate to see my baby in the kinda shape!!!! hope nobody was hurt

xtof73

Reaction score
This brand new one has been home-jacked at a Peugeot garage (east of France) the night before the accident.
Important means (helicopter, ....) have been deployed to catch the robbers.....

A

Anonymous

yeah, and the coppers driving dont seem to be much better :eusa-whistle:

RCZ1

Reaction score
xtof73 said:
This brand new one has been home-jacked at a Peugeot garage (east of France) the night before the accident.
Important means (helicopter, ....) have been deployed to catch the robbers.....

Something totally off topic but prompted by this photo. Under the bonnet it has black felt, which most of my other cars have had. My RCZ does not have any under the bonnet just paint ( which I have waxed :D ). What do you all have?

t110jim

Reaction score
hdi has black felt 156 and 200 don't just found out this today whilst saying hollo to the dealer