What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

"ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED"

A

Anonymous

Got my car back and all credit to Peugeot they finally seem to have sorted out the issue. Sounds so much better. On the other hand I don't have the same smile getting into the car that I once did so yeah it's time to move on

A

Anonymous

Re: "ENGINE FAULT REPAIR NEEDED"

Engine fault repair needed came on tonight on my way into work . Car is in limp mode. Luckily I only live 5 mile from work and my Peugeot dealer is only 1mile from where I live.
Shall be giving them a call when I get up.:(

A

Anonymous

Car booked in for tomorrow at Swansway Peugeot Chester. Hope its nothing serious. Its staying on the drive till then.:-(

A

Anonymous

Re:

Ian68 said:
Car booked in for tomorrow at Swansway Peugeot Chester. Hope its nothing serious. Its staying on the drive till then.:-(

Hopefully just a dodgy sensor?

A

Anonymous

Just been to swap the cars around on the drive as I was going to take the corsa to work tonight. Noticed that the ENGINE FAULT REPAIR message had disappeared. Just spoke to Peugeot and they said it was ok to drive but still keep my booking for tomorrow which I am .
Hopefully this is nothing to serious. Feeling a bit happier now.:)

A

Anonymous

Re:

Ian68 said:
Just been to swap the cars around on the drive as I was going to take the corsa to work tonight. Noticed that the ENGINE FAULT REPAIR message had disappeared. Just spoke to Peugeot and they said it was ok to drive but still keep my booking for tomorrow which I am .
Hopefully this is nothing to serious. Feeling a bit happier now.:)

Isn't that just the way! I bet if you take it in tomorrow it won't be there and all will be deemed fine, then as soon as you drive it home it will come on again!

A

Anonymous

Hopefully the fault has been recorded if any. Or it could just be a faulty sensor like you said. Will keep you posted on the outcome tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Outcome of the engine fault was a faulty sensor & a faulty oil pressure sensor which are being replaced this friday.

A

Anonymous

Hi all, Know the threads been dead for a little while but i had the "Engine fault - repair needed" warning pop up about 2 hours ago :(

Sat in traffic for about 45 minutes waiting for the police to clear a crash up the road and suddenly the warning popped up and the amber engine light on the dash came on. After it came on. pulling off in the traffic was like taking my first driving lessons again as the car was kangerooing about and revving erratically!

Managed to get home (only a few miles) and im fairly sure the car was/is in limp home mode. When i got back and turned the engine off, the radiator fans stayed on full whack for about 5 minutes before shutting off. Left the car for an hour while i had dinner then started it again and the warning light was still on and even though the car was only for a matter of seconds and the engine was cold, the fans stayed on again for another 5 odd minutes after turning the ignition off :(

Waiting till the morning to call the dealer and see what can be done! Luckily still in warranty but i've got to get it there some how! From what i'm reading its not a great idea to drive it 20 odd miles in limp mode!

Oh well, post again when ive spoken to Peugeot in the morning! :cry:

Rob

A

Anonymous

Update: RCZ is in to Peugeot for 'diagnostics and repairs' - the guy from the AA said the fault codes were relating to misfires and valve timing!

A

Anonymous

I assume it's the petrol engine that you have? Was it sounding a bit like a diesel engine on a cold start up? How many miles? Have you changed the spark plugs since new?

Mine needed a new timing chain and new spark plugs to sort the engine issues out. It fixed it up fine but soured my experience with the car.

A

Anonymous

Tethias, my RCZ had the exact same problem this afternoon. AA came out and said it could be a misfire and something about the timing too. Car is staying at Peugeot over night and one of their team are due to call in the morning. Did you find out the problem in the end?

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of my 2011 200 bhp RCZ with 7100 miles on the clock drove it towards home and in 40 minutes of driving I had the warning everyone is going on about.
Limped it back to the dealer who gave me a brand new RCZ as a courtesy car and said how sorry they were and would look into the matter.
Then received a phone call to say it was the HP fuel pump that caused the problem. They have ordered the part and fitting it as I write this post.

After reading this post im now really worried about what else could go wrong after putting your foot down to have a bit of a power drive.

The garage were fantastic over this matter im just hoping that im not going to be seeing to much of them although they seem like lovely people.

Will report back once she is back in my driving hands again.

J

A

Anonymous

I got the temperature warning last night, flashed up on the screen, the temp needle shot into the red then everything went to normal, so I continued home. (less than half a mile)
I went to pick the wife up from work and the same thing happened again, the warning is brief then back to normal.
The heater still blows hot but the radiator feels cold even after driving 2 miles.The rad fan is blowing strong.
I've not had any loss of power or limp home mode as yet and when I called they didn't say not to drive it, but it will only get taken to the dealers, going to use my work van for now to be safe.
Now the engine fault, repair needed comes on every time I start and the orange engine light is on.
Also I have the same "yellow oil custard" on the inside of the filler cap that someone mentioned earlier.
It's booked in on Monday, still under warranty 'till May this year but only 10600miles under it's belt.
Only bought it in January.....

Rather gutted

I'll post the findings

A

Anonymous

Hi I had the same although I didn't check the filler cap, I was pretty worried to drive it so my boyfriend took it down to the garage and they said it was a faulty sensor. They replaced the sensor the very next day.That was two weeks ago and thankfully all ok now. So hopefully yours is something simple too.looking through lots of threads there seems to be a lot of sensor faults.considering on taking out the extended warranty just in case.

El

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Re:

Eli2fly said:
Hi I had the same although I didn't check the filler cap, I was pretty worried to drive it so my boyfriend took it down to the garage and they said it was a faulty sensor. They replaced the sensor the very next day.That was two weeks ago and thankfully all ok now. So hopefully yours is something simple too.looking through lots of threads there seems to be a lot of sensor faults.considering on taking out the extended warranty just in case.
Well as long as it's just sensors it's a very cheap and quick fix instead of having to replace entire parts. Could be wasted money to get a warranty just for that, depending on what that costs. But sure, if something else breaks it's not so fun anymore...

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
Eli2fly said:
Well as long as it's just sensors it's a very cheap and quick fix instead of having to replace entire parts. Could be wasted money to get a warranty just for that, depending on what that costs. But sure, if something else breaks it's not so fun anymore...
Hey do you think there isn't much point in the extended warranty. I'm never quite sure with these things.has anyone on here taken the extended?

A

Anonymous

Eli2fly said:
Tomas_90 said:
Eli2fly said:
Hey do you think there isn't much point in the extended warranty. I'm never quite sure with these things.has anyone on here taken the extended?

Yes and yes. This topic says it all - even though it was a 'quick fix', a part and a couple of hours' labour and your extended warranty has paid for itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk