What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dreaded WM groan.....

A

Anonymous

Glad this is sorted or will be soon. Needless to say I'm bewildered as to why two different courses of action have been authorised for the same issue. I'll be contacting Peugeot directly for them to explain why.

t110jim

Reaction score
Got mine replaced last year took pictures of old ones very heavily corroded tech got body shop to paint metal parts prior to fitting to resolve corrosion issue workshop manager could not believe amount of corrosion

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Glad this is sorted or will be soon. Needless to say I'm bewildered as to why two different courses of action have been authorised for the same issue. I'll be contacting Peugeot directly for them to explain why.

Both of mine were replaced without any fuss or quibbles too.

A

Anonymous

Yes D... :thumbup: l had the grit :wtf: it emerged from the base of the door mirror stem when using a pressure jet washer............ :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I get intermittent groans from both sides.
Usually a few days after rain or washing :eusa-think:
Gonna ring dealer tomorrow to book it in for A/C and mirrors to be checked under warranty.

NB.
The MyPeugeot site are offering a full A/C check and gas top up for £19.99, just print off the voucher :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ok so just rang local dealer to book car in to have A/C checked out and the groaning mirrors.

As soon as I mentioned make of car and mirror symptoms the guy on the phone said " without even seeing the car sir, I'm 99% sure it's going be 2 new mirrors, very common complaint on your car ".

I'm not sure whats involved in replacing the mirrors, and I'm hoping it does not come to replacing them, because from past experience things like door trim and door cards never go back the same, like they came off :?

But I think I'm starting to hear and see all the ugly symptoms of " mirror groan" , the noises and the white residue :thumbdown:
As the car is white the residue is very hard to notice, and it wipes off, but the groaning is happening more often these days. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Good news - just had my new mirrors authorised today, although they need to be painted. I messaged PeugeotGroup on here (on Saturday after picking up the car and realising it wasn't sorted), got a reply on Sunday and all authorised today. Top service I'm sure you'll agree.

I once thought of getting the mirrors wrapped black. Do I be cheeky and ask them to paint them black (probably be cheaper than Pearl white)? What colour black are the mirrors (for those with white cars and black mirrors)? Is it matt or metallic black?

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Good news - just had my new mirrors authorised today, although they need to be painted. I messaged PeugeotGroup on here (on Saturday after picking up the car and realising it wasn't sorted), got a reply on Sunday and all authorised today. Top service I'm sure you'll agree.

I once thought of getting the mirrors wrapped black. Do I be cheeky and ask them to paint them black (probably be cheaper than Pearl white)? What colour black are the mirrors (for those with white cars and black mirrors)? Is it matt or metallic black?
Mine are Gloss Black. I don't believe them to be metallic though. I would have thought that they would do that for you as you say, it would be cheaper and it would also take less time. Good to hear the PeugeotUK responded quickly and positively to your communication :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jactac, you've nothing to worry about. I had my mirrors replaced on Pearl and everything was as it was. Nothing was rattling afterwards or anything like that and mirrors were groan free. So whatever they have to take off to put the new mirrors on, was seamless :thumbup:

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Is it just the mechanism inside that is replaced and the outside housing is kept or is it a complete ne mirror that is painted :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Is it just the mechanism inside that is replaced and the outside housing is kept or is it a complete ne mirror that is painted :eusa-think:
Mine just had the motor changing which sorted it instantly.

A

Anonymous

Mine had the entire unit changed. They arrived in black as the dealership hadn't ordered colour coded ones and they had to be sprayed.

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
jactac said:

This what I'm hoping will be the case if I'm honest :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Chuzzbutt said:
jactac said:

This what I'm hoping will be the case if I'm honest :eusa-think:
Motor took 2 days to be delivered to the dealership and was fitted fairly quickly, hope you get what your after Jactac

A

Anonymous

New mirrors arrived at the dealers today. Being painted on Thursday and car is booked in for Friday - hoping to get it back Friday evening groan free! Just in time for the summer sun - been groaning like crazy recently due to the heat and it's becoming very embarassing locking and unlocking her!!

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
New mirrors arrived at the dealers today. Being painted on Thursday and car is booked in for Friday - hoping to get it back Friday evening groan free! Just in time for the summer sun - been groaning like crazy recently due to the heat and it's becoming very embarassing locking and unlocking her!!
What colour are they being sprayed

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
dand87 said:

Stuck with body colour (white). Looked through lots of pics of RCZ with black mirrors and decided if I wanted black mirrors I personally would have to get the chrome arches wrapped to match, which I don't want to do.

Hopefully the painting all goes to plan - I have re-itterated the colour is Pearlescent not Opal white!

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
OO58RON said:
dand87 said:

Stuck with body colour (white). Looked through lots of pics of RCZ with black mirrors and decided if I wanted black mirrors I personally would have to get the chrome arches wrapped to match, which I don't want to do.

Hopefully the painting all goes to plan - I have re-itterated the colour is Pearlescent not Opal white!

Fingers crossed!!! Let us know how you get on!!!