What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dreaded WM groan.....

A

Anonymous

Just beginning to encounter the dreaded wing mirror groan :eusa-think: but did any of you lot find there was a lot of gritty white stuff appearing out from the bottom of the wing mirrors when they washed the car? Weird chalky, gritty kinda stuff.... Is this another sure fire sign of corrosion? Due a service in 2-3months, might see if the dealer can take them off and have a look.....

A

Anonymous

I didn't have any gritty stuff. But mine only groaned when the car had been standing in hot sunlight. The Peugeot mechanic stripped mine down and said they'd not put enough lube in them at the factory so he's repacked them. I'm just waiting for it to be hot again to see if it's made a difference.

Yours does sound like there may be a crack in a bearing allowing the lubricant to leak out. I wouldn't wait 2-3 months, it could get a lot worse very quickly if that were the problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

A

Anonymous

My door mirror has begone to be a lot louder than it was and mine are the upgraded ones.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Just beginning to encounter the dreaded wing mirror groan :eusa-think: but did any of you lot find there was a lot of gritty white stuff appearing out from the bottom of the wing mirrors when they washed the car? Weird chalky, gritty kinda stuff.... Is this another sure fire sign of corrosion? Due a service in 2-3months, might see if the dealer can take them off and have a look.....

It's funny because mine have both been replaced and prior to their replacement this wasn't visible. However, my driver's side one is beginning to creak and I do indeed have this horrible chalky stuff running from it when the car is wet. It's most visibly after washing the car it seems to appear....and it isn't that easy to clean off.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
It's most visibly after washing the car it seems to appear....and it isn't that easy to clean off.

Cleaning it off isn't so much the issue - it's making sure it's all off before you take the drying cloth to it :/

Maybe it's time for my 1st call to AC - argh! Or do I leave it for Gillanders to check when I book it in for a service (I prefer the small fishes) ... is it cheeky to ask them when I didn't buy the car there?

Oh ... and they service while you wait - my Dad was in and out in 45mins when he got their 308 done last week - and I was mistaken, their RCZ 1st service is £200 INC vat :)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:
It's most visibly after washing the car it seems to appear....and it isn't that easy to clean off.

Cleaning it off isn't so much the issue - it's making sure it's all off before you take the drying cloth to it :/

Maybe it's time for my 1st call to AC - argh! Or do I leave it for Gillanders to check when I book it in for a service (I prefer the small fishes) ... is it cheeky to ask them when I didn't buy the car there?

Oh ... and they service while you wait - my Dad was in and out in 45mins when he got their 308 done last week - and I was mistaken, their RCZ 1st service is £200 INC vat :)

I tend to find that it doesn't show its chalky face until after I've dried the blooming thing off.

I don't think it's at all cheeky to ask them to look at it. After all, if its replaced under warranty then it doesnt cost the dealership anything apart from labour.

A

Anonymous

Mine squeaked for a bit but then stopped - it hasn't done it for ages.

A

Anonymous

Will happen when the sun is out/when it's hot as the plastics expand (that sounds plausible?!).

Get down to your local dealership and ask for replacements/a solution. Or see the thread 'first trip to the dealership' and get a bottle of what mac has used to cure it!

Take a video on your phone when in next happens as like me, it won't creak/groan if you do take it in!!

A

Anonymous

stevebasshead said:
...I'm just waiting for it to be hot again to see if it's made a difference....
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Quoting myself here, but it turns out I didn't have to wait for it to get particularly warm, let alone hot. Mine groaned again today and it wasn't hot enough to expand the plastics. Back to the dealership it'll go...

richard.au

Reaction score
mine driver's mirror does this occasionally. my service dealer is looking into it, checking with peugeot about what to do with it, waiting for a reply.

will provide an update when i know more.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Will happen when the sun is out/when it's hot as the plastics expand (that sounds plausible?!).

Get down to your local dealership and ask for replacements/a solution. Or see the thread 'first trip to the dealership' and get a bottle of what mac has used to cure it!

Take a video on your phone when in next happens as like me, it won't creak/groan if you do take it in!!

Top tip dan the man!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mine is back in on Thurs. dealer confirmed I am not getting new mirrors yet, they are going to do something to the motors to try to solve :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Mine too have started to groan as well as the spoiler. Only when the car has been in direct sunlight. A trip to the dealer me thinks.

A

Anonymous

Type wurth 2040 into fleabay and a cans £5.99 with free p&p on u could go to COPELAND and five inch one like me.

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
Mine is booked in for Saturday morning :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will be fuming if they replace yours (or anyone else's) straight away (although I do hope they resolve)! I'll be tweeting Peugeot UK every 10 mins if they do, until they replace mine!!

My Z is In tomorrow, prob won't pick her up until Saturday so will feedback then.

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
bigmac3161 just ordered some now £4.00 + £1.00 delivery.
Just make sure u use the straw and spray into the mechanism, and do it with car opened and locked, hope it works for ur's to save a lot of hassle looking to get mirrors changed.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Snowy87 said:
Mine is booked in for Saturday morning :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will be fuming if they replace yours (or anyone else's) straight away (although I do hope they resolve)! I'll be tweeting Peugeot UK every 10 mins if they do, until they replace mine!!

My Z is In tomorrow, prob won't pick her up until Saturday so will feedback then.

Totally understand your frustration and empathise with you fully. However, at least they'll have exhausted alternatives to replacing them if it doesn't do the trick and, if not, then you'll have to have them replaced one would think.

A

Anonymous

Dealer stripped down my mirrors and greased the motors. Told me it was fixed, I opened and closed them a few times and heard the noise straight away. See my rant/views on 'first trip to the dealership' thread :shock: