What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dreaded WM groan.....

A

Anonymous

Well just got back from the dealers after picking up the Z after having the mirrors sorted, and all is good :thumbup:

Both mirrors fully stripped down and mechanism replaced along with a mod to the new seals.

The technician (Steve, top fella) who did the work explained that the mod involves altering the seal to allow "Free Flow" of water away from inside the mechanism housing.

He also showed me the old alloy mechanism's, and I have to say they were in a shocking state, totally corroded and covered in a white powdered residue. :thumbdown:

Its shocking that Peugeot have not hit this problem head on :roll:

Anyway all done now so it's just a matter of keeping on eye on things to see if I get any creaking, groaning or the dreaded white runs again. Hopefully not :?

A

Anonymous

Mine aint getting any better. Just the drivers side at the moment. As it's only just two years old, I thought that I would wait a while, but definitely get it/them looked at before the warranty expires

A

Anonymous

Yeah Ron get them sorted mate, you will be gob smacked when you see the state of the internal alloy parts.

Its no wonder that owners are having issues with staining on the door panels :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
I was wondering how loud this groan is? I might be being paranoid but sometimes mine seem a little loud.
(Disclaimer: This is the first car I've had with folding mirrors so forgive my ignorance )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0LprZqpIBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Completely normal - this is what my new mirrors sound like :thumbup:

I have a video of the noise I may try and upload.

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
Cheers dan. :cool:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They are quite loud in my opinion, but if you heard the dreaded groan for real you'd be like wow, now that's noisy!