What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Display software mods

frankvdb

Reaction score
It won't work on the NG4, which shares nothing of the design of the RT6.
As far as I'm aware you can't tweak the NG4.
I did install the 2019.1 map updates derived from the latest BMW maps yesterday though.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently tried to update the firmware and maps on my ng4 and after half a dozen failed attempts (right at the end of 2hours loading :brickwall: ) all I’m left with now is permanently loading nav!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
[clever dick mode]
Whatever motor is being used for an unknown route or even one rarely used, hire car, entry model or top spec car, it will have a 12v lighter socket.
Simples - my navigator/co-pilot opens her handbag and out pops the faithful Tom-Tom, which has been recently updated via PC and WiFi at home.
Plug in and no learning curve or concern over age of maps etc.
Allow for satellite seeking and away we go; UK or continental Europe.
Nice Irish chap enunciates clearly enough for a deaf old git like me to hear.
[clever dick mode off]
'Er ladyship, nor muggins cannot be @rsed to learn a new interface or worry about data, etc. on each wagon. :sleeping-yellow:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
I recently tried to update the firmware and maps on my ng4 and after half a dozen failed attempts (right at the end of 2hours loading :brickwall: ) all I’m left with now is permanently loading nav!

Give it another try. I attempted to update the NG4 via USB, SD card and DVD. DVD proved to be the most reliable

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Looks like a trip to my dealers tomorrow. I have a problem with my sat nav again. I had the gps aerial replaced a couple of years ago as I wasn’t picking up any signal.
The last 2 days I have the same problem again. Hope it’s covered under my extended warranty :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's not so funny Pete as since updating my system, I to don't have any satellites, though my car isn't on a road. See what happens today when it ventures out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

frankvdb

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:

Note that it's a known "feature" of the map updates that they fail near the end with error code 0x26.
If you follow instructions and let it restart and try again it will resume at some point (I think for me it was at around 65%) and then run to completion.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
That's not so funny Pete as since updating my system, I to don't have any satellites, though my car isn't on a road. See what happens today when it ventures out.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It did it first when I got back from my hols. The car had been in the multi-storey at Manchester Airport for a couple of weeks, so I put it down to some kind of signal loss due to being under a few hundred tonnes of concrete for quite a while. It finally picked up a signal when I was nearly home.

Then a couple of days ago I inputted an address I hadn’t been to, it was ok until @ 100 meters from home & then it lost me. For the rest of the journey I was apparently driving through fields.

I had to stop & use google maps on my phone. The car nav was the same all the way back too.

The first time it happened was before I updated to the latest maps, then it seemed ok after I did the update - until it wasn’t, and has been the same since.

When I got the aerial fixed last time it was under manufacturers warranty, just hope the extended warranty covers it too.
Also hope they don’t try wriggling out because of the software updates I’ve done :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, just got back from a short run, 5 sats all the way there & back :crazy:

Don’t you just love an intermittent fault :shock:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
I did install the 2019.1 map updates derived from the latest BMW maps yesterday though.

Sounds interesting. I found those files on the net ready to be DL and installed.
They claim, TMC does not work anymore when those updates are uploaded to the NG4 system. Can you confirm?

Why I am asking? For me TMC works just fine and helps to reroute when traffic jam ahead.

frankvdb

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
frankvdb said:

Sounds interesting. I found those files on the net ready to be DL and installed.
They claim, TMC does not work anymore when those updates are uploaded to the NG4 system. Can you confirm?

Why I am asking? For me TMC works just fine and helps to reroute when traffic jam ahead.

I am not a daily driver and use the car outside of rush hour traffic only really.
But I will check when I hear traffic message on the radio whether it's shown on the map.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this with the latest RT6 2019 maps. I have installed all of the maps with the exception of North East Eastern Europe which for some reason takes for ever then after seemingly stuck, then starts again from the beginning, the whole period being about 45 mins before restarting. As of now I have tried two different sticks which work for all other maps but still fail with this area. I think I will just put 2017 / 2018 on for this area only, as I doubt I will need it anyway, but just like them all updated together.

frankvdb

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
RCZ-R said:
frankvdb said:

I am not a daily driver and use the car outside of rush hour traffic only really.
But I will check when I hear traffic message on the radio whether it's shown on the map.

Today I was driving in heavily congested traffic but no traffic information was in the traffic list.
Also navigated to Rotterdam with various traffic jams on the route, and none was listed, so I think we can conclude that TMC no longer works.
I won't miss it much since I've had some bad experience with it in Germany.
The problem with it is that due to the limited number of bits that can be used for TMC messages they can only issue these for motorways and not for the roads around it, so one time when I followed the suggested detour I ended up in roads that were blocked for roadworks, which was not in the map. So you can only use a detour safely if it goes over motorways.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
Today I was driving in heavily congested traffic but no traffic information was in the traffic list.
Also navigated to Rotterdam with various traffic jams on the route, and none was listed, so I think we can conclude that TMC no longer works.
I won't miss it much since I've had some bad experience with it in Germany.
The problem with it is that due to the limited number of bits that can be used for TMC messages they can only issue these for motorways and not for the roads around it, so one time when I followed the suggested detour I ended up in roads that were blocked for roadworks, which was not in the map. So you can only use a detour safely if it goes over motorways.

Thank you very much for the feedback! :greetings-wavingblue: