What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Display software mods

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, I came across a couple of interesting software mods that I decided to try out myself. One of which (maybe both) did come with a warning that doing it wrong could leave you with a brick!!!!!!!

The first one is a way of loading whatever image you want (so long as it's 800X480 resolution) as your boot screen.

The second one is a way of showing extra screens from either the button in the end of the wiper stalk, or the mode button on the RT6 unit itself.

I have put examples of what I have done below. There is also another screen which shows the trip info, as shown on the small orange screen on the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 13,474
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 13,473

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The bootscreen mod is the simpler if the two.........

Tools required:
- PC with Windows OS
- USB flash drive
- a JPEG picture with 800x480 resolution

1. Take a USB flash drive and format it as FAT32 on your PC.
2. Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8jwdv9iqda3i ... EBqPa?dl=0
3. Unpack the content of the zip file and place in the root directory of your USB flash drive
4. Copy the desired picture to the root directory of the USB flash drive and rename the picture to 'Image.jpg'
5. Insert the USB flash drive into your RT6/eMyWay system
6. You will get a pop-up screen with a french command at the bottem; 'MON_ACCUEIL' --> press 'No'
7. You will get the next pop-up screen with a french command at the bottem; 'RESTAURATION' --> press 'No'
8. You will get the next pop-up screen with a french command at the bottem; 'SAUVEGARDE' --> press 'Yes' This will make a back-up from the original bootscreen on your USB flash drive
9. After the script is finished unplug the USB flash drive and replug it again
10. You will get a pop-up screen with a french command at the bottem; 'MON_ACCUEIL' --> press 'Yes' This will copy the desired picture to the system and create a .inf file for the picture.
11. After the script is finished it will terminate. press and hold the eject button to reboot the system
12. It could be possible the bootscreen remaines the same, in that case repeat step 10&11(in my case I needed to repeat is once)
13. If you want to restore to the original bootscreen plug in your USB flash drive, choose 'RESTAURATION' --> press 'Yes'
14. All done, enjoy your new 'cooler' bootscreen

Please share your bootscreens once you have done them.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The other one has taken me quite some time to get right, and was the more "dangerous" of the two, as it involves using Mirascript and datexplorer, and modifying system files on a PC then re-loading them into the RT6. I will try to put together a post as to how I managed it, once I have worked out exactly what I did.

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score
Any idea of what can be done for the NG4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
To get the temps & tyre pressures up....

You need to download datexplorer to your PC. You can get it at http://mira308sw.altervista.org/fr/index.htm. You can also get Mirascript here.

Then, You need to go to https://ulozto.net/!beHxPSYPAigg/de-cop ... -11-16-zip and download the zip file (password is RT6). You need to unpack the file to the root of a USB stick. (DE_COPY_TO_USB_Peugeot_TPM_09_11_16.zip

Put the USB stick in the USB slot in your RCZ.

RT6 should ask to run 1_RT6_GPHCOPY.CMD, choose NO until YOU see RT6_USERCOM.CMD then select yes.

By running it it will copy three files (dat) to USB root and those You can edit in datexplorer.

You need to change the value of TRIP from 0 to 1 in user_config.dat using the previously downloaded datexplorer on your PC, save the changes to the USB stick, put the USB back into the RT6 then go to the same RT6_USERCOM.CMD and copy the altered files back to the RT6.

That should have given you the extra screen with the temps & pressures on.

If you download Mirascripts & unpack to a formatted USB, putting it into the RT6 you can change the "trip" value directly on the unit, this gives you a repeat screen on the sat nav of the trip display on the orange screen on the dash. But I'm afraid, I've been on with this for quite some time trying to get the temp screen up, so I can't remember exactly how I managed this, it was either 0 to 1 or 1 to 2. The thing is if you try & it doesn't work, you can easily go back and change it again.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have been checking for the NG4. It appears that nobody has come up with a way to do it on that unit as yet. Sorry I cant help you there.

CircuitMonkey

Reaction score
That's a real shame, thanks for replying though. I'd still be interested in knowing where you found all this info if you don't mind sharing some links

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
No worries, take a look at GPSUnderground.com go to the Peugeot/Citroen section. There are a multitude of threads relating to various Smeg, NG4, RT6, Sat Nav, Speed cams, firmware, etc etc it is an excellent source of information, once you get past the pop up ads.
They're not always as friendly a bunch as you find on here either, and often if you ask what can be an obvious question. You might find the replies are less than courteous.

It's certainly worth a browse though.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
A couple more screens...

Attachments

• IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 13,376
  • IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 13,376

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I got the trip info on quite easily using Mirascripts, the temps & tyre pressures screen was tricky & involved datexplorer. The problem with GPSUnderground is that they seem to think that everyone is a competent computer programmer. You have to ask basic questions for each and every stage. And even then the answers you get are often only part of what you actually need to do.
The reason my instructions are quite vague above are simply that this was a process that literally took me weeks to complete (albeit I was busy doing other things, and only came back to this on occasions) and by the time I managed to succeed, I had forgotten how I had actually got there, having done various things and had to revert them back as they hadn't worked.
I am pleased with the results though, especially the temp & pressure screen.

The boot screen was very straightforward, and I actually got that from a DS3 site. It's amazing what's floating round on the interweb thingy.

tianorth

Reaction score
I'm like you, sporadic time over several weeks, got one part working but not the temp/pressure gauges.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just a thought DKZ5745,

If you were to back up the files which are modded and in use on your RT6 to USB stick, could it be that they could be transferred to another unit via the same way you "uploaded" your modified files?

Has anyone else done any further work in this area to compliment the great work DKZ has done already?

:beer:

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.... or is that at you? :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I would have thought that would probably work. The main thing is backing up your original files, so if it all goes pear shaped, you can always revert back to default. I did that, but I've lost the USB stick :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I did Chris. I have a different one in there with music on. It's probably in the house somewhere but we have been decorating & had new carpets, so everything was moved. I might find it eventually :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Update as I have posted a link to this thread in response to a question.

I never did find the usb stick with my original files on. I suspect it was mistakenly used for another purpose by another family member.

Fortunately, everything still works as shown above, so no problem with not being able to revert the files.