What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Dilemma

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's BMW, Audi for you. You only get a basic car then you have to spec the sort if things which are standard on the RCZ for example.

I hope your options included the indicator stalks? Most owners don't spec those ;)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
No Jass couldn't find an M Sport for love no money, well not in good condition anyway.

I did notice though that the way BMW spec their 1 series is a bit frustrating, for instance we found a few that would be the same year, same model and apparently same spec package, yet all would have a different spec some way or another, like one may have all round parking sensors and one wouldn't, but it may have climate control instead or one would have cruise control and Bluetooth but be missing something that the other cars had , really frustrating when your trying to spec a car to the max for your money, but even more annoying is that some things that were missing should of come as standard :evil:

Even found same year M Sport models that are apparently higher up the range yet had less extras than models of the same year but lower down the range . :crazy:

The plan was to find an M Sport but we could find one in good condition or with ALL of its listed extras, so ended up the the Sport that had everything it should of had and in great condition. :thumbup:

FOOK me jactac that is very confusing mate :eek: Maybe they are from different factorys as i know beemers are built all around the globe but you would think the uk spec designation would be the same, but at the end the shift as long as everybody is hunky dory with the car

And by the way my phone is really playing up when i post from it some posts look like utter iliterate nonsense and some dont even register even when they are submitted :shock: :thumbdown: :eusa-think: am on the pc just now so am okay peeps................

A

Anonymous

It was getting really frustrating, but in fairness most of the sales guys we spoke to explained it just as RCZ1 has.

You just have to be a bit lucky and find one that has had a few extra options thrown at it.

The bit that got under my skin was that some that we seen didn't even have the standard equipment fitted for that model of car, for example we found one that had the aircon upgraded to climate control but then had the standard rear parking sensors not fitted. Then you would find another one with bits it should'nt have :crazy:

RCZ1, ,
Yeah the one we finally found does have the stalk upgrade, little toggle wheels and extra buttons if I remember correctly, don't know what they all do, just like the RCZ :lol:
In fact the car we found had everything the lad wanted and more, it even heated screen wash, honestly :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a good one there and pleased to hear that yours has got the "additional" extras :). Enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Just wish DVLA would make things simpler AND cheaper to swap private plates.

£105 to put a plate on retention and then when it comes back off retention a further £80 to apply it to the new car.

Annoying thing is that it will be on retention for probably less than a month. :evil:

To do a straight transfer is £80 but you need both log books which is a bit difficult when your doing a part-ex , as I tried explaining to the pretty boy behind the glass at the DVLA, who was clearly miles away thinking about his up and coming weekend away in Brighton, a very nice boy indeed :eusa-whistle:

So it was easier, but more expensive retain the private plate, then when the dust settles put it on the new car. :crazy:

Or I could of just gone to Brighton with my new friend and spent my money on other things :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac its simples and just costs £80. when i purchased my new car and pxd my last one, the dealer did everything,
they even had the forms so i just signed one. I took out the free seven day insurance offered by the dealer and the transfer took one week. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :dance:

A

Anonymous

Bee,
I think as my lad is just 21 the free 7 day insurance will not apply, so I have had to swap his current insurance to his new car but have it come into force midday this Saturday when we collect the new car. Its all about timing.

So I cannot tax the car until I collect it and show new cover note, plus cannot do the swap of the plates as I dont have the log book for new car yet until I collect it.

To be honest Bee , it must be simpler than this, I must be missing something :eusa-think: But I just thought sod it and put it on retention for a week or so.

Mad thing is all our cars are on private plates, and I sorted them out without fuss many times.
Must be my age :? :lol:

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
Was he a very happy chappy?

Oh , a very very happy chappy.

Not sure if his chair had a raised cushion but he was in a totally dazed frame of mind. :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
Bee,
I think as my lad is just 21 the free 7 day insurance will not apply, so I have had to swap his current insurance to his new car but have it come into force midday this Saturday when we collect the new car. Its all about timing.

So I cannot tax the car until I collect it and show new cover note, plus cannot do the swap of the plates as I dont have the log book for new car yet until I collect it.

To be honest Bee , it must be simpler than this, I must be missing something :eusa-think: But I just thought sod it and put it on retention for a week or so.

Mad thing is all our cars are on private plates, and I sorted them out without fuss many times.
Must be my age :? :lol:

This is why I waited an extra two weeks to get my RCZ because I was waiting for the transfer of my personal reg plate and DVLA were way behind processing documents. So I saved money but the wait was dreadful :(