What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Dilemma

A

Anonymous

Well it looks like I'm going to be parting with a few ££££'s and part-exing the Astra with a 118D Sport for the lad. We Have'nt finalised the part ex deal yet, going back tomorrow but if it's a fair price then we will go for it, if it's not a fair price on part-ex then I'm gonna do some jactac taffy haggling for a cash deal, then sell the Astra privately.

We spent most of the day going around Cardiff looking at 1 series,, then found a nice 59 plate 118D Sport in silver, immaculate condition, with some nice toys added, however there was one concern though, run flat tyres as standard :eusa-think:

I know they can be changed to "normal" tyre's but there's absolutely no place for a spare wheel on the 118 :thumbdown:

So does anyone know if a space saver wheel from another make will fit the 118 ? We dont mind just having it in the boot covered over, it's not like the lad will be doing a weekly shop at Asda is it :roll:

As for the RCZ going too, well one thing at a time :crazy: , but I do think £14000 is a bit low :(
I guess the new model coming out does not help either .

What I do know though is that after looking round all day there really are some cracking cars on sale and it really does make it harder to stay faithful to the Z :?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Why are you so against the run flat tyres? They allow you to drive even with a puncture and as room is limited for a spare, it sounds like a good reason to keep them.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Why are you so against the run flat tyres? They allow you to drive even with a puncture and as room is limited for a spare, it sounds like a good reason to keep them.

K,
I only base this on what I have read :eusa-think:
Noisy, hard ride, poor handling, cannot be repaired and expensive to replace. :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I can vouch for the hard ride with them. Had them on my Mini and that was very harsh. They did have their benefits though.

A

Anonymous

Yeah the hard ride seems to be the main issue with run flats.
We would look at going back to "normal" tyres when they needed changing, but would then need a spare.

I don't like these foam puncture repair kits, thats why I had a spare alloy installed in the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

The deal is done :thumbup:
Astra is leaving the H household, finalised a part ex deal for a BMW 1series 118D Sport.
Bit sorry to see the Astra go, Mrs H in particular will miss it a lot, it really has been and still is a very good car. :cry:

The lad is like a dog with 2 tails. :D

We managed to get top book price on the Astra and knock a little bit off the Beemer, so all in all not a bad deal, :thumbup:

Just gotta do all the mind boggling DVLA paper work now to swap the private plates, :crazy: and give them £105 for "all the admin" :evil:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Astra is leaving the H household, finalised a part ex deal for a BMW 1series 118D Sport.
Bit sorry to see the Astra go, Mrs H in particular will miss it a lot, it really has been and still is a very good car. :cry:

We managed to get top book price on the Astra and knock a little bit off the Beemer, so all in all not a bad deal, :thumbup:

Just gotta do all the mind boggling DVLA paper work now to swap the private plates, :crazy: and give them £105 for "all the admin" :evil:

Congrats for striking a good deal mate, no wonder your boy is a tad excitable and you get to keep the RCZ........smiles all round :grin:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You'll be sorry in the winter with snow and ice ;)

Hope your son enjoys it and he's very lucky :)

Rear wheel drive as you pointed out earlier :?

The lad had better improve on his winter driving skills. :eusa-think:

Anyone selling snow chains................... :lol:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
jactac said:

Congrats for striking a good deal mate, no wonder your boy is a tad excitable and you get to keep the RCZ........smiles all round :grin:

Thanks Chuzz,
The boy is gonna be cleaning the Z for years to come m8 :dance:

A

Anonymous

Runflats expensive............... :wtf: But i quite likey a HARD ride.......................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on Jactac :thumbup: silver is easy to maintain as well :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Good on Jactac :thumbup: silver is easy to maintain as well :thumbup:
I have noticed that too. No idea why ? They just always seem to look shiney :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Sounds like your hard nosed welsh bargaining has worked wonders. He's a very lucky lad!! My sister in law has a red 118d and it's a great car. She fitted winter tyres on it and it has never had an issue in the snow and ice.

A

Anonymous

Yeah Guys,
It looks like we found a nice one :thumbup:
Not that concerned about the tyres, as all 4 are like new and a tidy make (Pirelli) .
To be honest there's no way I'll be offering to change them , even if the ride is hard and noisy.

If the lad wants to dip in and splash out then that's up to him, I bought the car but it's down to him to keep it on the road ;)

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Yeah Guys,
It looks like we found a nice one :thumbup:
Not that concerned about the tyres, as all 4 are like new and a tidy make (Pirelli) .
To be honest there's no way I'll be offering to change them , even if the ride is hard and noisy.

If the lad wants to dip in and splash out then that's up to him, I bought the car but it's down to him to keep it on the road ;)

respect ...welldone that welshman :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: sounds like that boy has got a good head on his shoulders ......great to hear you got a good result :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Mel,
He is a good lad, and being our only child and one that is IVF, (which took a few attempts to succeed) :crazy: , we tend to treat him a little bit special, but yet still keep his feet firmly on the ground. ;)

We would of loved to have had a tribe of little Jactac's running around if we could of, but given the choice of having that one success, and with odds stacked so highly against you or having it fail, as it did with us 3 times, then you grab your chances and hold on tightly. :thumbup:

Especially when I had to sell my beloved Opel Manta Berlineta, all them years ago, to pay for the IVF treatment, WOW this kid owes me big time :eusa-think: :lol:

NB*
Yep Jassy,
before you ask, I went into a little room on many occasions with a pot and pictures of freshly sheared sheep :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

As they Your either a merchant "banker" or a "liar" mate.......... :lol: at least your chug at the chicken ;) way back then didnt go to waste....... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Not lying at all m8. Done my good deed at the Bupa Glen hospital in Bristol.. Thinks its now called the Spire ?. IVF in Wales 20 years ago was pretty hard to come by, especially on the NHS. Excuse the pun.
Any way at least I'm now a first class 'chicken puller', plenty of practice, eh !

:D

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
As they Your either a merchant "banker" or a "liar" mate.......... :lol: at least your chug at the chicken ;) way back then didnt go to waste....... :thumbup:

Sorry fo bring slightly curt we all Mister mister bate and anyone who says they havnt is a liar by the way if its a Msport you got the rear tyres will be wider than the front tyres

A

Anonymous

No Jass couldn't find an M Sport for love no money, well not in good condition anyway.

I did notice though that the way BMW spec their 1 series is a bit frustrating, for instance we found a few that would be the same year, same model and apparently same spec package, yet all would have a different spec some way or another, like one may have all round parking sensors and one wouldn't, but it may have climate control instead or one would have cruise control and Bluetooth but be missing something that the other cars had , really frustrating when your trying to spec a car to the max for your money, but even more annoying is that some things that were missing should of come as standard :evil:

Even found same year M Sport models that are apparently higher up the range yet had less extras than models of the same year but lower down the range . :crazy:

The plan was to find an M Sport but we could find one in good condition or with ALL of its listed extras, so ended up the the Sport that had everything it should of had and in great condition. :thumbup: