What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Diesel Dilemma

A

Anonymous

I've never been one of those kids that thinks that what parents should do for them. I much rather work hard and save for them myself like I did with my z, may take longer but you get a better feeling than look what mummy and daddy got me ;)

A

Anonymous

Oh believe me he's not one of those "I want I want" sort of kids, far from it, he's studied hard got his degrees and now works hard .
I think It actually makes sense to pass a good car onto one of your kids rather than let some dodgy dealer turn you over.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Oh believe me he's not one of those "I want I want" sort of kids, far from it, he's studied hard got his degrees and now works hard .
I think It actually makes sense to pass a good car onto one of your kids rather than let some dodgy dealer turn you over.
Can't argue with that ma lud ;)

A

Anonymous

Right alls clear now used cars mate well the gt golf sports the one to go for my mother had a140 bhp version in silver with the privacy glass very nice it had leather into the bargain it also comes in 170 bhp guise as well with rcz like exhaust that's the only difference between bhp outputs

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah never got anything handed to me from my parents either. Lost my father when I was 12 so times were rather hard for mum and I. Worked hard for everything I ever had. Even paid for my own wedding. Young ones today are very very lucky .........

A

Anonymous

i think you all miss one point !! jobs was a little bit easier come by / buying a house with a lot less deposit / car insurance was not such a big rip off / uni fees/ just a few things that in my opinion the young are going to struggle with before they can even get off the ground !! i have had to help my daughter to get going ..ie car and insurance whilst at uni and doing a job for minimum wage (not much of a chance to get going on that) !! that is the only help ...but that in my opinion is what being a parent is all about ......................sorry for hijacking your thread jactac !! ........but go on help the lad out ..cuz if there prepared to GRAFT then they aint bad kids imo ...... :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I agree times are harder now but they are harder for everyone. I think young ones (and I know I'm generalising here) feel that they are somehow entitled to all these things without working for them. It's keeping up with the Jones' syndrome........

Anyway enough if that and lets get back on track. Jactac have you thought about a Honda Civic diesel? A couple of colleagues at work have the diesels and they rave about them. Just a thought.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I agree times are harder now but they are harder for everyone. I think young ones (and I know I'm generalising here) feel that they are somehow entitled to all these things without working for them. It's keeping up with the Jones' syndrome........

Anyway enough if that and lets get back on track. Jactac have you thought about a Honda Civic diesel? A couple of colleagues at work have the diesels and they rave about them. Just a thought.

Yeah I like the civic , always have, Jassy had a cracker. Saw a nice Golf 2.0 TDi today too :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
i think you all miss one point !! jobs was a little bit easier come by / buying a house with a lot less deposit / car insurance was not such a big rip off / uni fees/ just a few things that in my opinion the young are going to struggle with before they can even get off the ground !! i have had to help my daughter to get going ..ie car and insurance whilst at uni and doing a job for minimum wage (not much of a chance to get going on that) !! that is the only help ...but that in my opinion is what being a parent is all about ......................sorry for hijacking your thread jactac !! ........but go on help the lad out ..cuz if there prepared to GRAFT then they aint bad kids imo ...... :thumbup:

Mel my good fella, stand up and take a bow.
Totally 100% agree with what you say. :clap:

I could never ever see one of my kids struggle. As long as he/she showed appreciation and didnt expect it, then why not help out.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Right alls clear now used cars mate well the gt golf sports the one to go for my mother had a140 bhp version in silver with the privacy glass very nice it had leather into the bargain it also comes in 170 bhp guise as well with rcz like exhaust that's the only difference between bhp outputs

Yeah Jass its gonna be a used car, whatever we go for ?
But so far everything we've looked at has high mileage :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
jactac said:
Can't argue with that ma lud ;)

:lol: :clap:

A

Anonymous

volkswagen passat cc bluemotion :thumbup: :thumbdown: or is that not sick enough :dance: :dance: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

We did look at a bluemotion Golf, well when I say "we looked at", I looked at it and he looked at me looking at it :lol:

We gonna take a drive up to Cardiff the weekend to look at some dealers. There's far more choice there than in Swansea and the prices seem to drop a tad. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Oh well going up to Cardiff later on this morning to have a look at a few 1 series Beemers for the lad, still unsure if we are going to part ex his Astra Sri or just keep it for ourselves and move the RCZ on.

I was in a local car sales garage yesterday, just having a browse and was offered £14000 cash for the RCZ, not part ex against anything just a cash sale, not sure if this was good or bad :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I think £14k is around the going price at the moment so it was a good offer. I'd be happy with that.

Initially I did think "Oh £14000 in the bank" and go back to the Astra :thumbup:
But then I thought that's a loss of over £9000 in less than 2 years on a car with only 6000 miles on the clock, 1 owner & still under warranty. So now I'm like a bit , WOW, that's frightening when I put things into perspective . :eek:

And I had a bit of discount when I purchased the RCZ from Marcus, so the loss would in fact be even greater. :?

A

Anonymous

its more like £15,000-£15,500 jactac we buy any car valued my car at £14,500 at 14k miles and aint got satnav like you which would add £250 on top as it makes it more desireable on the used cars market

A

Anonymous

mel said:

Now i am sorry coming late to the party late but jobs WHERE NOT EASIER TO COME BY when i was in my late teens this is age dependant thing as when in my late teens WE HAD THATCHERISM................... :twisted: and from wales/north of england up to scotland SHE virtually killed off life so when i was 20 years old we were in the largest reccession since after the war "Auf Wiedersehen" times

but this is nowt to with what jactac does or doesnt do with his car The youth of today in "general are A waste of "GOOD AIR
WHICH DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR THIS COUNTRY

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jactac, you are forgetting that you don't get back whatever extras you put on when you bought it. Furthermore with the introduction of the facelifted model, this has cut prices even more. You are not likely to get more as the dealer has to put their whack on top, so anymore and they won't be making anything on your car. Low mileage too does not really add much to the price of a car. It can frighten some people off because they may feel the car has been sat for long periods. People like to think that a car has been run in. Just my thoughts.

A

Anonymous

Kerry just buy a new 2013 rcz with all the trimming's "including Champagne ARCHES" :lol: :lol: Mate your never going to win here BUYING CARS MAN UP YA GOAT............... :lol:

settle for £15,000 thats the true cash price for your car.trade in is higher going to another RCZ. BUT going too ANOTHER car maker will take £2k off

GO TO ANOTHER CAR MAKER and they will give ya gutter prices :(