What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Did Peugeot foget about drivers left foot?

A

Anonymous

Hi Lionheart,
Thanks for this information, I will be making a visit to try and acquire this part.

A

Anonymous

lionhart said:
hi you can get them.from peugeot/citroen its not for the rcz but still fit's on the wedge shape.it looks oem when fitted.not sure of the part # :eusa-think:

Where did you get yours from, and have you got the part number handy.
Peugeot UK are denying such part exists for RHD.
I have looked everywhere, and likewise only coming across Taiwan as a supplier.?
Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
Yes, that's exactly what we find 2. My wife says that when she is wearing her Ugg's boots, & she was at lights, her right foot was on the brake but unawares to her at first, it was also on the the edge of the gas pedal...so the engine was'nt revving too high after all!

Apart from that she loves it so much she hides the keys so I have to take hers to work in the morning. :shock:

I have that same problem with uggs- the accelerator and brake are too close!

A

Anonymous

LynseyRCZ said:
MARTHAMAY22 said:
Yes, that's exactly what we find 2. My wife says that when she is wearing her Ugg's boots, & she was at lights, her right foot was on the brake but unawares to her at first, it was also on the the edge of the gas pedal...so the engine was'nt revving too high after all!

Apart from that she loves it so much she hides the keys so I have to take hers to work in the morning. :shock:

I have that same problem with uggs- the accelerator and brake are too close!

Hi Folks, i do realise that this is an old thread but as this problem (brake/accelerator pedal too close) has not been addressed by Peugeot, i wondered if anyone else has come-up with a remedy.
It is certainly the only real fault that i've found with this otherwise superb driver's car. It's a shame that something so basic should spoil a nice driving experience.
If i have missed a post somewhere else on this, i apologize, but as a new member here & so many threads to look at, it's the nearest i've come to the problem so far.
Cheers,
Mike.

PS, I do not ware Ugg boots, just normal shoes !

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't wear Ugg boots but I have worn walking boots driving the RCZ and I've not encountered any problems.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1, for the reply, doesn't help though. The testers @ Autocar had the same problem with both of their long termers so i know it's not just me !

Cheers,
Mike.

A

Anonymous

I have asked for a price and part number from my contact at Peugeot, maybe post Monday.

A

Anonymous

lionhart said:
hi you can get them.from peugeot/citroen its not for the rcz but still fit's on the wedge shape.it looks oem when fitted.not sure of the part # :eusa-think:

I want one of them!! Anyone know if they'll fit? Price?

Not keen on the Ebay jobby - looks a bit tacky!

A

Anonymous

He we go all you people who would like this in your baby....

Part No 9646H1
£28.92 inc VAT
Its a special, so no sending it back.
and that's NOT including fitting !

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Mine is coming for my Blue, fitting at the weekend I think.

Paul141

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Please could you let us know how it fits and what you think of it

If you could post a picture or two, that'd be terrific.

A

Anonymous

The foot rest in question for left hand drive can be ordered by dealer as I did. It does not fit. It is to long and is curved up at the end and is to wide for the right hand drive RCZ.

paul141is correct the one you need and fits perfect and matches orginal pedals is off a Citroen DS3 Finis 9646H1costing £28.00 retail. Its not a special as these are fitted standard on most top of the range DS3's, I think the dealer gave you the wrong information there.

I have had mine fitted from May this year and had no problems with it.

A

Anonymous

Think as I have ordered thro a Peugeot dealer he maybe the one that has made it a "special" order.
£28 RETAIL you say,.... I may have to pass that on to my trade contact who ordered it for me.

Paul

A

Anonymous

So part is in "hand" comes with template and four screws to fix. You need to drill 4 holes (3mm) to pilot the screws.
Plate is NOT branded but matches the brake and throttle. Fitting this weekend, so will post picture.

Paul