What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Did Peugeot foget about drivers left foot?

A

Anonymous

Finally managing to put a few miles on my RCZ and the only gripe I have is the position of the pedals. The clutch peal is far too close to the centre console etc and there is no where to rest your left foot.

Otherwise loving everything about the car.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Yep - I agree that is the one issue I have with the car.. especially as I have big feet too!!

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's exactly what we find 2. My wife says that when she is wearing her Ugg's boots, & she was at lights, her right foot was on the brake but unawares to her at first, it was also on the the edge of the gas pedal...so the engine was'nt revving too high after all!

Apart from that she loves it so much she hides the keys so I have to take hers to work in the morning. :shock:

FGRob

Reaction score
Yep - same here depending on which shoes I have on, but I've got use to it now having run her for 5 months :dance:

Rob

A

Anonymous

I can't help it ... I NEED to start a little teasing :)

The problem is, that you guy's -over there on the island- drive on the "wrong" side of the street....
...therefor your cars need to have the steeringwheel on the wrong side as well ;-)
Our cars here on the "continent" have a wonderfull silver footrest on the left (Same design as the clutch-pedal and so on...)

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
oljoooge said:
I can't help it ... I NEED to start a little teasing :)

The problem is, that you guy's -over there on the island- drive on the "wrong" side of the street....
...therefor your cars need to have the steeringwheel on the wrong side as well ;-)
Our cars here on the "continent" have a wonderfull silver footrest on the left (Same design as the clutch-pedal and so on...)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:dance:

Sorry :oops:

A

Anonymous

Ooooh, you do have a cruel streak olgooogle :lol: I feel cheated now :eek:

Actually, to be quite honest, until this topic was raised, I had'nt noticed that there was'nt one! I'll probably miss it now :x :lol:

I've got one in my other car! Show's how observent I am :oops: :beer:

A

Anonymous

On the other hand, we have more space to rest our right feet with the cruise control on :dance:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies everyone. At least I know it's not just me and my big feet. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

On the question of Footrests.............Does anyone have any idea where one can purchase said Footrest for self fitting. I have scoured the Internet with no success, (Unless I wanted to take a chance and purchase fro a company in Taiwan ! ! !

I would appreciate any sensible response. Thanks

t110jim

Reaction score
I think some of the new citreons are fitted with the footrest in righthand drive format ds3 &ds4 maybe a visit to the citreon dealers

A

Anonymous

:dance: My size 9's must be small! I can rest my foot to the left of the clutch pedal on a raised bit of floor. :dance:

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
:dance: My size 9's must be small! I can rest my foot to the left of the clutch pedal on a raised bit of floor. :dance:
And my size 4s fit there with no problem. I admit the proper foot rest would have been a nice extra but the shaped part of the floor seems perfectly adequate...at least to my WEE feet :lol: .

lionhart

Reaction score
hi you can get them.from peugeot/citroen its not for the rcz but still fit's on the wedge shape.it looks oem when fitted.not sure of the part # :eusa-think: