What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

delivery

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
stevercz said:
Mine was ordered 26th May and just had a call from the dealer saying build date is 22 August.

Was hoping to pick it up 1st september but I guess that might be pushing it a bit? Should be sometime 1st week in Sept hopefully. Sigh!!

The estimate seems to be 1 week to build + 2 weeks to ship to the UK (and the dealer then needs 2-3 days to prep it for you depending on what else they have on).

Hi is the Build date the day they start building it or the day they finish? My build date is today

A

Anonymous

Good question!
I'd be keen to know the answer to that one...

A

Anonymous

stevercz said:
Hi is the Build date the day they start building it or the day they finish? My build date is today

I'm not sure to be honest, my dealer just gave me a delivery date of last week in July. First time I checked up on the order they said the car was already built and in Calais awaiting transport (that was on the 14th). Hoping to get a call before the end of the week to tell me it'll be ready for me next week :cool:

A

Anonymous

I'm no expert but I have watched megafactories :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: and if Porches and Audi can all build their cars in a day I'm sure Peugeot can as well.

FGRob

Reaction score
I had a confirmed build date of the 9th July, which was a Friday, when I checked on the following Monday it was in Calais, so they do move pretty quick through production.

I've had a strange phone call from the dealer today asking me to sort my insurance out as he needs this information to make sure Peugeot gives the car a priority for delivery before the end of the month, if the dealer had not done this then the car delivery would have been moved to next month. So if any one is expecting delivery this month I suggest you get in touch with your dealer to see what they are doing to ensure delivery.

I collect my car on Thursday 29th July, I've even got the reg number :dance: :dance:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

According to the French RCZ forum production at Magna Steyr on the RCZ line in June ran at 102 cars a day over 23 days.

Steve B.

A

Anonymous

alrite Rob that was my build date to fri the 9th of july but still have'nt heard anything from my dealer will have to give him a call tomorrow :x :x

A

Anonymous

Rob, I don't understand why your insurance would have any bearing on delivery? Would be interested to know how the dealer uses that to get the car 'prioritised'.... :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Rob I would have thought the dealer only needs your insurance to tax the car. Only other thing I can think is if the boats over are fairly infrequent and there are a back-log of cars to send over.

FGRob

Reaction score
rcz said:
Rob I would have thought the dealer only needs your insurance to tax the car. Only other thing I can think is if the boats over are fairly infrequent and there are a back-log of cars to send over.
That was the strange part of the discussion - tax was not mentioned, once I've recieved the doc's I will go in to the dealers to find out whats going on - plus I'll have a quick sit in my car :dance: :dance: :cool:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

like the others Rob insurance should'nt be a problem i understand peugeot do 1 wks FREE insurance on new cars at the worst ,also your cars should have 1 years road tax thats included in the price.

gordy.

A

Anonymous

Have just spoken to the dealer my Charcoal Hdi is sat in Calais, I said to him it's no good there it should be here!!

A

Anonymous

Sometimes that damn English Channel is a bit of a pain aint it lol

A

Anonymous

Why not put the cars on a transporter and go through the tunnel, I'm sure that would speed up the process!

A

Anonymous

879JTT said:
Why not put the cars on a transporter and go through the tunnel, I'm sure that would speed up the process!

They used to do that into the euro hub at corby where they had a large distribution centre but when the economy dropped off a cliff they stopped doing this , now most cars arrive via large car transporter ships into sheerness in kent. Your dealer will have a lead time chart that shows them how long vehicles should take at each stage of the transport process.

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZGT200 said:
879JTT said:

They used to do that into the euro hub at corby where they had a large distribution centre but when the economy dropped off a cliff they stopped doing this , now most cars arrive via large car transporter ships into sheerness in kent. Your dealer will have a lead time chart that shows them how long vehicles should take at each stage of the transport process.

Thanks RCZGT200 - that's useful information to know. Its very, very useful having you as a member on here - keep up the good work :beer:

A

Anonymous

hi to everyone as car insurance goes when i asked the dealer to phone me when the car was due so i could sort out insurance,he told me not to
worry has the car would be insured with peugeot insurance for i week giving you time to sort it outhas anyone else been told this

A

Anonymous

Hi J_Slade1. Not had it mentioned to me by the dealer but at the bottom of my order form it does state you can get 7 days free insurance with Peugoet