What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Chiptuning an THP200

A

Anonymous

luifriedl said:
Hi folks!

I had my RCZ THP200 on a dyno recently and surprise, it´s stock power was already 216HP.
Then we modyfied the ECU and it´s doing 236HP now.
I can´t share much experience right now for it is winter and my RCZ still sits on it´s summer rubber. But first time impression shows a very good driveability and stock fuel consumption. :thumbup:

Cheers
Lui

yeah,,, seen a vid on youtube of a rcz 200 after 3000 Km of properly driving in... and the power was also 210+

A

Anonymous

basic tunning principles need to be applied before you want to go and get a messing with the ECU...

Get more air in faster and allow the air out faster and more efficient.

The standard fuel injectors are good for over 200 Bhp so if anyone REALLY wants more power then sort the breathing first.

A

Anonymous

manelin said:
luifriedl said:
Hi folks!

I had my RCZ THP200 on a dyno recently and surprise, it´s stock power was already 216HP.
Then we modyfied the ECU and it´s doing 236HP now.
I can´t share much experience right now for it is winter and my RCZ still sits on it´s summer rubber. But first time impression shows a very good driveability and stock fuel consumption. :thumbup:

Cheers
Lui

yeah,,, seen a vid on youtube of a rcz 200 after 3000 Km of properly driving in... and the power was also 210+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3BLws8O ... re=related

found it back

A

Anonymous

Mine was dynoed on Friday and gave 215hp. Bog standard car a few months old with 390 miles on the clock.

I have no intention of modifying it, I was just curious to see if they were close to the claimed 200hp so I was a little surprised at being over.

A

Anonymous

i dont think ill change something in the next few years.... im coming from a 205 CJ (65hp according to google) ... so more then 3 times the power.... i think that already enough change lol... only some cosmetic stuff

A

Anonymous

It's easy. You want extra horses, you will need feed extra horses :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
From my discussions with Superchips, they have not had any RCZ produce bhp around what is claimed by the manufacturer, it has always be higher.

From our researrch, if you want too smooth the curve and get the power where it is needed most (passing and corner-out), a remap will do that. The Ruffer Power Module is another item that will give you great results. I am not familiar with the Racechip Pro, but will look into it.

A

Anonymous

I have exhaust downpipe di cat intercooler kit and race chip pro but i have problem with my fuel. The car can't start beacause the injectors send many petrol . Is anyone know about that problem how to fix or to chance the settings on racechip to work ok the car?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
evorcz said:
I have exhaust downpipe di cat intercooler kit and race chip pro but i have problem with my fuel. The car can't start beacause the injectors send many petrol . Is anyone know about that problem how to fix or to chance the settings on racechip to work ok the car?

When you remove the RaceChip module, does the car start okay?

At what part did you first start to experience the issue (what modification did you do last)? Or did you do all modifications at once?

A

Anonymous

The LAST transformation was THE REMOVAL OF CATALYST AND IN ADDITION RACE'S POSITION WITHOUT CATALYST and from that day the ΙNJECTORS SEND MANY PETROL favor of the rule leading to drowning and NOT START

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
evorcz said:
MAYBE MUST CHANGE THE SETTINGS OF RACECHIP?

If you have set the module to the correct setting for your cars setup, and you are experiencing issues, I recommend you contact RaceChip directly.