What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Centre Brake Light

RCZash

Reaction score
Fitting them is not to hard. Remove the fabric on the boot lid (plastic pop out screws and 2 normal screws) Mine were Torx screws. - pop up the spoiler from the button inside the car - remove the 2 nuts holding the lamp in place from the underside of the lid - using thin nose pliers, squeeze the 2 metal clips also holding the lamp in place to pop it out - remove the plug on the lamp - follow in reverse to refit. Hope this helps :

Jumper

Reaction score
The guy who supplies the repair service on the brakelight also sells these repair kits. After opening mine up to do the repair, these LEDs are nothing like the oem ones. Looks fiddly but if anyone fancies a challenge try this :-

Bobby D

Reaction score
As you saw (above) I did my own repair using conventional LEDs and it took me all weekend. Also cutting the old unit apart is not for the feint hearted. All in all I think this is pretty good value especially if you are getting all new LEDs, they obviously don't last forever.

Jumper

Reaction score
As you saw (above) I did my own repair using conventional LEDs and it took me all weekend. Also cutting the old unit apart is not for the feint hearted. All in all I think this is pretty good value especially if you are getting all new LEDs, they obviously don't last forever.
I felt your pain. I did mine last year but split the complete unit in half and replaced the LEDs with a flat rail of new ones not individual ones. It works great and is nicley tucked away as a spare if the new one I bought goes tits up anytime soon. TBH this guy is the answer its a royal pain in the arse trying to split the unit and glue it together without loss of shape from the oem.

Goatz

Reaction score
I felt your pain. I did mine last year but split the complete unit in half and replaced the LEDs with a flat rail of new ones not individual ones. It works great and is nicley tucked away as a spare if the new one I bought goes tits up anytime soon. TBH this guy is the answer its a royal pain in the arse trying to split the unit and glue it together without loss of shape from the oem.
If he does a good job that is

Goatz

Reaction score
After taking a stab at this job this weekend I would say £100 is a bargain.

Jumper

Reaction score
IMG_20200505_081924945.jpg

This my spare one after I repaired it with an LED rail. Spacing a lot wider and I know the light looks white but it is actually RED

boatdriver

Reaction score
Over 70% of my LED's were out and with an MOT coming up I bit the bullet and bought from a MD. £134 delivered the next day. Found some in Holland and by the time postage + VAT was added on it wasn't far off the MD price.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that was a good price what's the name of the MD please as other's are at the £200 mark thanks in advance...

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am sure that this will be helpful to so many RCZers... Hope you have had a good Christmas with your family
Les n Co

Ian Mac

Reaction score
Took my RCZ for its MOT today, the garage that I took it to noticed that the on high level brake light some of LEDS were flashing when braking.
Should this be a reason for an MOT failure?
Have just had the garage call to say it passed its MOT.
Huge sigh of relief!!!