What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Awful noise

A

Anonymous

finally got car back after 7 weeks in the garage. the horrendous noise in 1st and 2nd gear from cold was a duff 4th cylinder (apparently) and now have a new engine, though i had to fight as usual to have a repair made. So everybody, if your rcz makes a horrible noise it could be you need a new engine. Had the car back 2 weeks now and seems to be ok, but Peugeot will only give me a 1 year extension on my warrenty for a brand new engine, even though i bought a car from them with a dud clutch and engine. Sweet customer service folks, guess i will have to go down to Peugeot UK at Coventry and speak to Tim Zimmerman about it, its a waste of time talking to the garage, and Peugeot customer services are a joke.

samwell

Reaction score
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had this noise on start up. Peugeot fixed it a couple of weeks ago, the problem being diagnosed at the timing chain, all sorted with no issues since!

A

Anonymous

samwell said:
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had this noise on start up. Peugeot fixed it a couple of weeks ago, the problem being diagnosed at the timing chain, all sorted with no issues since!

Groan...ANOTHER timing chain issue!! Surely this should be a recall?!

A

Anonymous

Hi all , the mini cooper s that shares the petrol unit also had a timing chain fault.

Just look it up on YouTube. Sound like a transit van starting up!!

I had to have a timing chain pre tensioner replaced on mine.