What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Awful noise

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
When will they learn that a 1.6 engine should not have a turbo unit bolted to it.

This was my fear with the Petrol Models.

Rczmk said:
Yes they will cover the work under warranty but in another 15K miles it will happen again and unless you've got extended warranty you might not be so lucky next time.

This was my fear with the Petrol Models.

Rczmk said:
.....or just do the sensible thing and buy the Robust diesel.

That's what I did :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
There again, if you don't do the miles or long runs on a regular basis, then you get the DPF problem - so you can't win :(

A

Anonymous

Hi
I'm having the same issues on start up it sounds horrible, Like a rust old banger diesel and sounds worse if I rev engine slightly. Also had few drops in power. Tool it in to garage found a fault code, 1st step is to use these canisters on the cylinder head, which clean it but contaminate oil, so full oil change and oil filter change. But i don't think that's causing the sound in start up

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes Fozzerman, that's what it's like. When I'm in 2nd or 3rd gear and I rev beyond 2000 revs the noise is awful and it's so embarrasing, so I find I'm changing gear very quickly, to avoid revving the engine. Coming to work this morning, there was a distinct loss of power at some points when trying to accelerate. Roll on Monday ..... !

A

Anonymous

They should start making Dealers / Manufacturers liable for your time and effort when having to take a vehicle in for Warranty Work / Repairs.
Once they have to pay a few pounds, maybe they'll sort it first time instead of the forty-first time.

This may make them think if they have to "cough it up" at the end of the process, they make take a bit more time / put more robust kit in from the start.

My Service in a couple of months - not looking forward to it as a few people seem to have had their faults develop AFTER the Service :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I agree with Gorwell, I had to visit my dealer 4 times just to get a leaking oil sump fixed.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well Pearl is now back to her gorgeous self. Running like a dream :)

Had my timing chain and tensioner replaced today. Dealer had all the parts in stock so was able to do all the work in a day.
Have to say, dealer was brilliant. A mechanic drove with me to listen to the noise himself and identified the problem straight away.
Explained everything to me as to what needed to be done.

I was even given the Manager's RCZ, without even asking for a car :) and nothing was too much trouble.

Yes, we may have problems with our cars from time to time but yet again Peugeot have done brilliantly in getting the problem sorted quickly. I'm a very happy bunny :)

Hope those of you that have had similar problems, get yours sorted out quickly.

As an aside, the RCZ I was given, a diesel GT, had a blooming heavy clutch pedal. :(
When I got back in Pearl, my foot nearly went through the floor when I pressed my clutch down - such a massive difference.

A

Anonymous

You wouldn't like to drive a real sports car then RCZ1. You want try depressing the clutch on a Ferrari then you will know a heavy clutch :) They look fantastic but you wouldn't want to sit in traffic in one.

So glad it was all sorted so quick. Normally a week minimum

RCZ1

Reaction score
Rczmk said:
You wouldn't like to drive a real sports car then RCZ1. You want try depressing the clutch on a Ferrari then you will know a heavy clutch :) They look fantastic but you wouldn't want to sit in traffic in one.

So glad it was all sorted so quick. Normally a week minimum

I have driven a real sports car. OH used to have a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 - I remember I drove about a mile in that and it was enough - it was all I could do to press the clutch on that. I must have a very weak left leg ;) lol

A

Anonymous

Well - they have kept mine overnight to see if they can "hear the noise" in the morning "not that we don't believe you"!
So I have a noddy car. I will let you know the outcome!!

A

Anonymous

Had to leave my car in the garage again - oh I do miss it. As the garage could not replicate the problem - they are going to replace the timing chain as they are pretty certain that this is causing the noise. Parts are on order so I should hopefully get it back Thursday.
On an excellent customer service note:
Thanks to Terry Parker on reception - so polite
Thanks to Chris - for being patient
Thanks to Mark Fuller - for contacting me to see if I wanted to upgrade the courtesy car.
An big thanks to Peugeot Group for getting involved and getting a result.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell i fully agree with you!

No one seem to be realising the inconvenience we are undergoing due to the number of faults we have and the time needed to take the car to and from the dealer!
We should be compensated in one way or another. I don't know what we shall do once the warranty has expired!

A

Anonymous

I've got my RCZ back at at last this morning. Really missed it and have almost forgotten how to drive it! Guess I got used to the crappy 107.
The "wow" factor has started all over again for me.
And once again big thanks to Peugeot Group.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Glad to hear you have your "beloved" back again.

Mr Peugeot Group is great isn't he :)

I'd definitely buy him several beers!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

my rcz also makes an awful noise intermmitently when starting up. to me it sounds like a growling noise, and usually in 1st gear but sometines in 2nd also. Is now 2 years old and I have had a few major problems with my car. now want a replacement, am sick of all this shit.

A

Anonymous

Yes I had had the same intermmitent grating noise in 1st and 2nd gear. After 2 visits to the garage, who seemed at a loss as to what was going on, all of a sudden they say the engine is goosed and needs replacing. Further probing found it to be the cam shaft ?. strange to do a new engine for that. Anyway, that was 1 month ago and the car is still in the garage and no sign of the new engine. I think it is being sourced from their spares depot on Mars, certainly today the service manager hadnt a clue where it was coming from except possibly france. Sick of all this crap, am going to try for a new car, had so much bother with mine the last 2 years

A

Anonymous

Hey man, i have the same noice. But i cannot understand the reason why sometimes i have this problem...