What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Android, anyone had success?

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
Okay so today for the first time I tried to pair my Galaxy S2 with my cars blue-tooth, but it never paired :(

I followed the instructions as outlined in the manual.

It found my phone, but when I entered a 4-digit code in the RCZ setup, my phone never responded and as far as I can tell it should do.

Any help is appreciated.

Did you follow this bit?......

Fixed! For a galaxy sII anyway.

First of all I did not suss it out, it was my handsome and intelligent boyfriend.

How to:-
When the phone connects via bluetooth and you get the whistle noise, you need to look on the phone, at the top of the screen there will be a note saying "allow peugeot to access phonebook" or words to that effect. Drag this down and select yes.

You should now be able to access the address book by pressing and holding the phone stalk button and scrolling through. Try and call someone from your address book, it will seem as if this has failed. You need to look at the phone screen again, it will be asking what method you wish to use to call the contact, on my phone it was a choice of by phone or by skype but presume this would change depending on apps installed. Tick the set as default box, then select by phone. The call should now go through as should subsequent calls.

Not sure if this second step will be required if you have no apps such as skype.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

I have a HTC Android powerd phone and it does fail from time to time even after it's been paired for several month's,it's not the phones fault its the car's fault :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Right...kinda related to this. Does anyone have a Galaxy S3? I'm finally tempted to leave Apple because of their complete lack of innovation and am getting tired of being unable to access any Java or Flash content on the magical tinterwebsuperhighwaydotnet. Also, does it pair up easy enough with the RCZ?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Right...kinda related to this. Does anyone have a Galaxy S3? I'm finally tempted to leave Apple because of their complete lack of innovation and am getting tired of being unable to access any Java or Flash content on the magical tinterwebsuperhighwaydotnet. Also, does it pair up easy enough with the RCZ?
Nope. Not even a basic mobile telephone :lol:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Rizz I'd go with the HTC One X plus, no pairing problems at all, easy as pea's :)

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
mrizzle said:
Rizz I'd go with the HTC One X plus, no pairing problems at all, easy as pea's :)

It isn't as sexy and the screen size is underwhelming. On the plus side it will link with my Monster Beats headphones. I'll throw it into the mix though. I haven't owned an HTC before but I know that some people swear by them. I just hope I wouldn't be swearing AT it!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Chuzzbutt said:
mrizzle said:

It isn't as sexy and the screen size is underwhelming. On the plus side it will link with my Monster Beats headphones. I'll throw it into the mix though. I haven't owned an HTC before but I know that some people swear by them. I just hope I wouldn't be swearing AT it!
I'm on my second HTC and can't fault them, the one X plus is a sexy phone with the perfect screen size in my opinion with the best running power :)

A

Anonymous

Well thank you for your recommendation Chuzz! I'll give them a closer inspection. One thing is for sure, Apple have ceased to be innovative.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Well thank you for your recommendation Chuzz! I'll give them a closer inspection. One thing is for sure, Apple have ceased to be innovative.

I Have the HTC one S RIZZ cracking phone :thumbup: the touchscreen is as good as the iphones its slim and very,very fast,the galaxySIII touchscreen isnt as good it doesnt flow the same way as the HTC/IPHONE, i had the new experia S As well and htc blows it right out the water apart from the camera on the sony its the best you can get on a mobile.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice to Jassy. So it looks like the HTC may merit some closer inspection then. What about the HTC in terms of apps and the music store? Which music store does it use? Is it google's?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Thanks for your advice to Jassy. So it looks like the HTC may merit some closer inspection then. What about the HTC in terms of apps and the music store? Which music store does it use? Is it google's?

YEAH its all Google mate another phone to look out for the new HTC phone by Microsoft/windows its just out and advertised everywhere it looks like Nokia lumia but larger.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Jassy! I think I'll have to get into a phone shop for a ficker. That, however, will wait until after the madness of Christmas shopping and the initial flurry of bargain shoppers in the sales. I need understand the sales...haven't people got enough at Christmas time?!

A

Anonymous

I don't don't do Xmas rizz l hybernate over them two weeks jassy will treat himself and avril and his mother come the new year or just after a phones a phone to me rizz but l like this HTC its a joy to use even on this site without the tapatalk app which l will not pay for on principle

A

Anonymous

I've got an HTC One as well, but the X version. It is really good and the pairing to the car took no effort at all.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Sorted. Not just did I have too enable bluetooth but I had to make it visible. Once I did that it worked. Now I will let you all get back to discussing phones :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

A few of friends have disowned Apple to. They have all opted for the S3 I think whatever you do make sure it's 4G enabled. EE will be running the show at the moment with their LTE but I'm sure other providers will catch up soon enough! Don't get caught into the 24 month contract and also the contracts are quite pricey on 4G handsets and they will probably have limited Giga-bites. If you can hold then do and wait for the tariffs to come down. You'll be whipping through data in no time on 4G so be cautious.

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:
Sorted. Not just did I have too enable bluetooth but I had to make it visible. Once I did that it worked. Now I will let you all get back to discussing phones :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yea! I knew it must have been something little you were missing! You'll be happy now :)

You just need to get a snazzy Brodit clip so you can use your SII's sat nav function - or do you have it built in already?