What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Android, anyone had success?

VASS

Reaction score
Just replaced my ageing iPhone 4 with an Android Galaxy S2

Connected to the car via Bluetooth no problem, and Music plays fine, select next / prev track all fine too.

But, holding the stick button to gain the contacts list to make a call and this fails, just a scrambled screen on the display.

anyone had any joy with an Android phone?

thanks

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
Just replaced my ageing iPhone 4 with an Android Galaxy S2

Connected to the car via Bluetooth no problem, and Music plays fine, select next / prev track all fine too.

But, holding the stick button to gain the contacts list to make a call and this fails, just a scrambled screen on the display.

anyone had any joy with an Android phone?

thanks

mmmmm :eusa-think: I bought an S2 before Xmas too - but I don't think I've made a call with bluetooth yet! I'll check tonight and get back to you .....
My old Samsung (non-android) worked fine.....

A

Anonymous

hey Vass, I checked this last night.

There does seem to be an issue here.

With my old Samsung Genio thing, the bluetooth worked great. When you pressed th button on the stalk you got two options - I think one was a recent caller list and a names directory. I remember it was a bit of a faff if you wanted to call someone nearer Z than A as you had a lot of scrolling to do!!

Anyway on the SII, all I get when I press the stalk is a call list (bear with me this is from memory) and not a names directory but nothing seems to happen after that. I have no 'scrambling'. I had a look on the bluetooth settings on the stereo and there was some option scrambled out but I can't remember it being relevent.

Not sure if bluetooth works calling into the car now, if it doesn't seem to be working out. I would need to try and phone it - so I need someone else on hand to experiment.

I do think it's a Samsung issue and not Pug, as my last phone worked fine.

I hope some others can shed some light and help???

VASS

Reaction score
Thanks Donna

yes a re-boot and disconnect then re-connect and I too get the "call list " display but can move no further on no matter what button I press.

Aslo, the track names are missing but not a big issues as only just got these going with the new IOS5 release on the iPhone anyway,

Fingers crossed someone will have a resolution to the phone access problems.

A

Anonymous

I just bought a Galaxy SII also. Only had my car 3 weeks so you could try loading contacts (address book) by inserting yr sim card into the slot and try to copy yr contacts over like that. The manual says on page 232 the steps to create (or delete) an address book folder (u didn't mention whether u had created one) - then try and copy them. Then the system stores them, u can remove yr sim n then switch back to bluetooth mode and pair the phone, rather than trying to bluetooth a large amt of data....let me know if it works! I looked it up for u.

I'm in Australia and we don't get the media ctr in this country (boo hoo!)n had to install a pioneer avic 930BT after market unit and it operates slightly differently, I didn't want to do it but with the cops here u have to do it for peace of mind.

A

Anonymous

Hey Sheila :greetings-wavingblue:, no media ctr! That's jst old budgie smugglers! My advice ditch android & get an apple :thumbup: iOS 5 is the way forward.

A

Anonymous

I have the Galaxy and it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection, my old Sony Ericcson phone never once dropped the connection, personaly i dont think the NG4 and the Galaxy are not fully compatable, they just dont get along that well !!

Ive also noticed that the bluetooth connection seems to only drop when the battery life is showing as low on the phone :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I have an HTC Desire HD running Android 2.3.5

It gives me full name and address book and no problems with bluetooth. I am however using the NG4 Sat Nav so not sure if that makes a difference.

My only gripe is that you cant use the address in the sat nav for directions, but its something I can live with.

A

Anonymous

binkybmf said:
I have an HTC Desire HD running Android 2.3.5

It gives me full name and address book and no problems with bluetooth. I am however using the NG4 Sat Nav so not sure if that makes a difference.

My only gripe is that you cant use the address in the sat nav for directions, but its something I can live with.

Yep so have I (Android 2.3.5) I have full calls and music thro the bluetooth, never dropped it, and lists fine.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Fixed! For a galaxy sII anyway.

First of all I did not suss it out, it was my handsome and intelligent boyfriend.

How to:-
When the phone connects via bluetooth and you get the whistle noise, you need to look on the phone, at the top of the screen there will be a note saying "allow peugeot to access phonebook" or words to that effect. Drag this down and select yes.

You should now be able to access the address book by pressing and holding the phone stalk button and scrolling through. Try and call someone from your address book, it will seem as if this has failed. You need to look at the phone screen again, it will be asking what method you wish to use to call the contact, on my phone it was a choice of by phone or by skype but presume this would change depending on apps installed. Tick the set as default box, then select by phone. The call should now go through as should subsequent calls.

Not sure if this second step will be required if you have no apps such as skype.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

First of all I did not suss it out, it was my handsome and intelligent boyfriend.

When the phone connects via bluetooth and you get the whistle noise, you need to look on the phone, at the top of the screen there will be a note saying "allow peugeot to access phonebook" or words to that effect. Drag this down and select yes.

You should now be able to access the address book by pressing and holding the phone stalk button and scrolling through. Try and call someone from your address book, it will seem as if this has failed. You need to look at the phone screen again, it will be asking what method you wish to use to call the contact, on my phone it was a choice of by phone or by skype but presume this would change depending on apps installed. Tick the set as default box, then select by phone. The call should now go through as should subsequent calls.

Not sure if this second step will be required if you have no apps such as skype.

Hope this helps

Umm, Donna,
Do we have to do this whilst driving :shock: :eek:

When i press the end of the stalk i get a little pic on the NG4 screen that shows a face of someone speaking ?

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Umm, Donna,
Do we have to do this whilst driving :shock: :eek:

When i press the end of the stalk i get a little pic on the NG4 screen that shows a face of someone speaking ?

Not sure about the fancy satnav stereos, I'm just a commoner remember :eusa-whistle: fixed mine whilst parked in the drive ......

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Hope this helps

I think you have cracked it! :clap:

I was unaware that my phone was waiting for me to make the same decision (i.e. call by phone or Skype) - obviously that was what was causing the call to not go through.

I now have another strange problem. When I go into directory - prior to placing a call - I can only see a very limited list of numbers/contacts to choose from. It is not the recent called list either ..... very strange. I have just updated my phone software (which has taken ages). I will try again later (got to do some work now!).

Thanks again for your help :beer:

A

Anonymous

I tried reconnecting my phone from scratch a couple of times and it seems to be working now!

VASS

Reaction score
********************UPDATE ****************** SOLUTION ***************** FIXED *********************

I had a Software update at a local dealer today (not pompey thank you)

a full hour to download to the car, but I have full operation resotred, my Andriod works fine now

both Music and Phone contacgts list are selectable via the stalks.

All thats missing is track names playing, but sometimes even thats displayed.

Happy bunny :)

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

When the phone connects via bluetooth and you get the whistle noise,

Hope this helps

Donna I have the same phone as you but I dont hear this little whistle noise when it connects, how do you turn this on ?

A

Anonymous

[quote="jactac]Donna I have the same phone as you but I dont hear this little whistle noise when it connects, how do you turn this on ?[/quote]

Not sure!! Mine's always done it :/ sorry I can't help there. Your phone is pairing with the bluetooth???

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Okay so today for the first time I tried to pair my Galaxy S2 with my cars blue-tooth, but it never paired :(

I followed the instructions as outlined in the manual.

It found my phone, but when I entered a 4-digit code in the RCZ setup, my phone never responded and as far as I can tell it should do.

Any help is appreciated.