What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

And now the whole parking sensor system has packed up!

FGRob

Reaction score
Re: I hate to keep going on about niggles but...the window?

bee said:
Rob whats the hdi engine problems you mentioned, mine is fine.
Hi Bee

Filter light coming on, vibration through the clutch pedal are the main ones.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Re: I hate to keep going on about niggles but...the window?

ah thats right rob, mine is booked in for a new hydraulic pipe fitting next thurs, they are quite happy that it will fix the problam. no probs with filter light though.

A

Anonymous

1. The digital and analoge clock times don't tally.
2. There's an occasional audible grind when you change gear.
3. The mirrors no longer fold in when you press the button...only when you lock the door.
4. There's something not right with the spoiler in that sometimes when I get out, it's up...and I haven't (manually) depressed the button in around 7 weeks?
5. The passenger window sometimes drops open and stays open when you lock the car and walk away.
6. Today, a 'parking sensor system faulty' message came on the multi-function screen and the front parking sensors started to come on every time I came to a stop...then 10 miles later, when reversing onto my drive, the rear sensor didn't come on at all.

All in all, a huge disappointment and an abject pile of French tat...and I haven't got a lot of faith in the dealership, from where someone was supposed to phone me back today after the service department line was busy...but surprise surprise, nobody did. :roll:

A

Anonymous

I'm so sorry for your woes. Everything you've listed I haven't yet had a problem with and I don't mean that to sound like I'm gloating, but rather to just point out that you're very unfortunate. I seriously hope you get these problems sorted to your complete satisfaction. It's way too much money to spend on something with so many problems.

FGRob

Reaction score
I suggest you do two things:

1. Report your problems to Peugeot direct - customer service.
2. Change your dealership.

Once you've done that, you need to come back and report on what you have sorted out - have you actually been to the dealership and spoke the them face to face, I certainly wouldn't wait for a phone call back.

Just remember ths is a forum run by normal people not Peugeot, so ranting is not going to solve your problems.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Its a real shame you are having problems with your car , that is very different to the vast majority of peoples experience..
How many times has the car been back to the dealer? I seem to remember you have had some of these issues since october.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear of your troubles Wooly, I was very afraid of the French car's reputation's and never thought I would buy a french car until we set eyes on the RCZ. I know it's still early day's (2 Months) but I have to say that I am totally impressed with the car and the build quaity to date.
Hope you get your's fixed soon.

A

Anonymous

I feel gutted for you woolly, all the excitement of ordering and then taking delivery, only to be plagued with problems! Really sorry mate!!!

I've had my car 3 weeks now & adore it, but my memory seats dont work, so I have to get that sorted, and I cant get the 3D mode on the Sat Nav. But, the car is fabulous fun & I really hope that Peugeot have sorted their reliability issues out, or else I suspect a few more of us will be having problems too-only time will tell.

A

Anonymous

hi marthamay22,

The 3D bit only works in areas that have been mapped for it. Since mid November(approx 2000 miles) I've only seen it once, that was in Birmingham on thursday, was quiet surprised as I had almost forgotten about it!

A

Anonymous

Hi Woolly
Sounds like an electrical fault on the management BUS system or ECU management rather than each thing failing on it's own. Hopefully they will look into this, fix the cause not the symptoms so to speak.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
hi marthamay22,

The 3D bit only works in areas that have been mapped for it. Since mid November(approx 2000 miles) I've only seen it once, that was in Birmingham on thursday, was quiet surprised as I had almost forgotten about it!

Thanks very much for that RCZGT200. That explains everything & is reassuring :thumbup: Will get my mem seats put right, but not too bothered with that function, as both me & the missus are short-asses, we don't really need to alter the seats.

Just looooove this car!!! :dance:

A

Anonymous

I may have some info on this problem now....I've just driven through a blizzard in buckinghamshire (26 miles took nearly 3 hours!) by the end of the journey I got the ”parking system faulty” message and the system shut down totally.

A quick check of the car showed all 4 front parking sensors(and the rest of the front end) covered in about a centimeter of ice.

The system must have a shut down default in these circumstances otherwise the parkaid would continually be going off. I guess the default is to flag up there is a problem then switch off the system, on the basis that no warning is better than a wrong warning.

Cleared the ice off the sensors and the system was fully functional again.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Just remember ths is a forum run by normal people not Peugeot, so ranting is not going to solve your problems. Rob

I wouldn't call Wooly's post a Rant :eusa-think:
He's listing down a series of problems he's experiencing and commenting on a bit of poor Service received - and letting the Forum know of his plight.

Wooly: You have been unfortunate, hope that it's a central fault that can be sorted quickly and in one go.
You will have to be extremely unlucky for all these electrics to be breaking down individually :thumbdown:

With regard the Parking Sensor System, I think this is something that we all may experience in due course - as long as this weather lasts.
As Marcus has explained, when the front and / or rear (or indeed both) sensors get clogged up with snow / ice, then the system (rather sensibly) closes down.
Good thing is that you get a little beep, the computer tells you what it's doing and you know what's happening.

Once the snow / ice clears, then the system "sparks back up again" and you carry on as normal.

Had my experience on Friday when I had to venture out

FGRob

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
FGRob said:
Just remember ths is a forum run by normal people not Peugeot, so ranting is not going to solve your problems. Rob

I wouldn't call Wooly's post a Rant :eusa-think:
He's listing down a series of problems he's experiencing and commenting on a bit of poor Service received - and letting the Forum know of his plight.

Wooly: You have been unfortunate, hope that it's a central fault that can be sorted quickly and in one go.
You will have to be extremely unlucky for all these electrics to be breaking down individually :thumbdown:

With regard the Parking Sensor System, I think this is something that we all may experience in due course - as long as this weather lasts.
As Marcus has explained, when the front and / or rear (or indeed both) sensors get clogged up with snow / ice, then the system (rather sensibly) closes down.
Good thing is that you get a little beep, the computer tells you what it's doing and you know what's happening.

Once the snow / ice clears, then the system "sparks back up again" and you carry on as normal.

Had my experience on Friday when I had to venture out
Gorwell

This has been going on since October, advice given with no feedback or from what I've seen no real action taken, so calling the car French Tat with a list as far as I concerned is a rant.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Maybe the term "French Tat" was a natural response from a very dissapointed new RCZ owner, after all, we all eagerly await the arrival of a car we have heard so mush praise of, & maybe woolly will feel different when (not if) the problems are sorted & he is able to start enjoying his car.

In reality, Peugeot sell thousands of cars every year, & there are a lot of Peugeot owners who would'nt dream of buying anything other than Peugeot, so they cant be as awful as all that. Also, I am in business, and I know from experience, than when you are selling tens of thousands of items every year, you wont be able to get it right all the time & there will be 'rougue items' at times, & who ever receives these could well be put off for life, which is unfortunate because it is not a true representation of the product in general. That's life tho!

A

Anonymous

Sounds to me like you've been really unlucky - most people on here seem to be very happy with their new pride and joy. I dont think I agree with the term 'french tat' but I can understand the frustration with so many 'niggles'.

This is the first Peugeot I've owned, build quality seems pretty good to me. I've got to book my car in for a 1000 mile check in the New Year, my Dealership have been really good keeping in touch to see how it's going. One small niggle I will get them to look at - I'm getting a vibration noise from the drivers side - I think it's the wing mirror but I can't be sure - only a niggle but I'll ask them to look at it when I take it in... and I'm confident they'll fix it for me - if I get bad customer service do they think they'll get my custom again? But, so far my dealer has been excellent!

Good luck mate - I hope they sort if out for you! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Gorwell

This has been going on since October, advice given with no feedback or from what I've seen no real action taken, so calling the car French Tat with a list as far as I concerned is a rant.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

I hear your viewpoint, although I still (personally) don't think it's a rant.
It's a list of unfortunate incidents that has now culminated in the Parking Sensor failure.....although as the other posts above (including mine) have highlighted, this is not really a system failure - even though the error message that shows up on the Car's Computer does state that the System has failed. So an easy error to make.

I think that the benefit of Forums like this is that they show the Car for what it is....the good points as well as the bad.
This gives the Forum Members the opportunity to realise that something (good or bad) is not just unique to their car, it is being experienced by a number of people.

There's been some really good advice and experiences shared on this Forum.
I have learned loads about the car - again both good and bad.

I (personally) like a Forum where Members can feel "safe" to comment on any element relating to the car - particularly if it is something that they are unhappy about or have experienced something that doesn't show the car in a good light.

If someone thinks that the car is "French Tat" then surely that's their opinion to which they are perfectly entitled.
To have another Forum Member, let alone a Mod, chastise the post as a rant can only be off putting for others who may think twice now about posting anything adverse / unfavourable :(
Otherwise we'll just end up with a Forum where all the posts are "look at my car....and I'm so happy people are staring at me" type of posts. I realise that the last few statements are very broad / generic.

Anyway, I'm sure that we're All working towards the same goal which is to enjoy our cars and to let other Forum Members know the good and bad points about them.

Keep up the good work Everyone :thumbup:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
FGRob said:
Gorwell

Rob.

Hi Rob,

I hear your viewpoint, although I still (personally) don't think it's a rant.
It's a list of unfortunate incidents that has now culminated in the Parking Sensor failure.....although as the other posts above (including mine) have highlighted, this is not really a system failure - even though the error message that shows up on the Car's Computer does state that the System has failed. So an easy error to make.

I think that the benefit of Forums like this is that they show the Car for what it is....the good points as well as the bad.
This gives the Forum Members the opportunity to realise that something (good or bad) is not just unique to their car, it is being experienced by a number of people.

There's been some really good advice and experiences shared on this Forum.
I have learned loads about the car - again both good and bad.

I (personally) like a Forum where Members can feel "safe" to comment on any element relating to the car - particularly if it is something that they are unhappy about or have experienced something that doesn't show the car in a good light.

If someone thinks that the car is "French Tat" then surely that's their opinion to which they are perfectly entitled.
To have another Forum Member, let alone a Mod, chastise the post as a rant can only be off putting for others who may think twice now about posting anything adverse / unfavourable :(
Otherwise we'll just end up with a Forum where all the posts are "look at my car....and I'm so happy people are staring at me" type of posts. I realise that the last few statements are very broad / generic.

Anyway, I'm sure that we're All working towards the same goal which is to enjoy our cars and to let other Forum Members know the good and bad points about them.

Keep up the good work Everyone :thumbup:

:greetings-wavingblue:
:text-goodpost: