What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

And now the whole parking sensor system has packed up!

A

Anonymous

Digital and analogue clocks not in sync?

Hi
Picked up my ex-demo RCZ yesterday and noticed on the way home that the times displayed on the digital and analogue clocks were different. I assumed (durr me!) that once I had got home anc checked in the handbook how to re-set the thing, it would all be fine...but no matter what time you se the digital clock to, the analogue one is always set around 2 hours and 45 minutes fast, so if you want to have the analogue clock displaying the correct time, the digital one is 2 hours and 45 minutes slow! Am I right in thinking that the probem will be covered on the manufacter's warranty? Or is it going to be a case of hoping that the dealer will sort it all out as a matter of course? Either way, I'm a bit miffed!!
Cheers

A

Anonymous

Re: Digital and analogue clocks not in sync?

by brittenterry » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 am

its been in to service two time now and they can not fix it so it need a new clock unit in the car.
they even contect the car to the internet to let peugeot in france try to do it, but they could not . so i have to wait until a new clock unit turn up.

This is on a thread called RCZ clock where you can follow what happened with other members when they had clock problems. Hope you get it sorted soon.

A

Anonymous

B*gger. Given the level of expense, that's pretty annoying to be honest...but thanks very much for the note. Much apreciated.

A

Anonymous

Woolly said:
B*gger. Given the level of expense, that's pretty annoying to be honest...but thanks very much for the note. Much apreciated.
You're welcome, and :text-welcomewave: to the forum :wave: .

A

Anonymous

Thanks again...I may even learn/type to spell before I leave another message?!!

A

Anonymous

Spoiler not going up automatically...

...then staying up when you come to park up if you've activated it manually?

Anyone had the same?

Dodgy clocks....lumbar support dial broken on the side fo the passenger seat...worrying noise/sensation in the clutch every time I change gear...seemingly a faulty spoiler too? All within 4 days of getting it? Rather worryingly, I'm beginning to think I've made a big mistake with this car?

:thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Spoiler not going up automatically...

Woolly said:
...then staying up when you come to park up if you've activated it manually?

Anyone had the same?

Dodgy clocks....lumbar support dial broken on the side fo the passenger seat...worrying noise/sensation in the clutch every time I change gear...seemingly a faulty spoiler too? All within 4 days of getting it? Rather worryingly, I'm beginning to think I've made a big mistake with this car?

:thumbdown:

Hi Woolly - sorry to hear you are experiencing some problems with your RCZ.

With regards to the spoiler - how do you know the spoiler is not going up automatically? You can't actually see it when you're driving and you have to be going above 50mph and 94mph for it to go up to the first level and then the second level.

The spoiler will not go down automatically when you raise it manually - you have to lower it manually, as you have over-ridden the automatics.

Do you have the diesel - there is a known problem with the clutch on some of the diesels.

A

Anonymous

hi, if spoiler deployed manualy while stood press and hold down button for a few seconds but just press once if driving. apparently the noise is caused by vibration from the fluid pipe from the master cylinder, i have same noise. i understand peugeot know of the problem which can be fixed with a diferent pipe.
hopefully will be sorted via a recall soon.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both very much for the notes. On the spoiler, I'm 6'3'' and can see in the rear view mirror when the spoiler comes up. My local dealer was good enough to let me test drive one for the day a couple of weeks ago so I could take it out on the motorway and I could see that one coming up automatically. Today, I just happened to notice that it didn't seem to be going up despite me doing around 70mph, so I activated it manually and could see it go up. Then when I got home, despite pressing the button again and the little light on it going off, the spolier stayed up! I then left it about 20 minutes, went back out, turned the ignition on and pressed the button a couple of times over...it eventually went down.

And yep, its the diesel GT...so thanks for the note regarding the recall as well. Much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I mentioned the diesel clutch problem to my dealer and they stated that there were no plans for a recall. :thumbdown:

FGRob

Reaction score

Woolly said:
Thanks both very much for the notes. On the spoiler, I'm 6'3'' and can see in the rear view mirror when the spoiler comes up. My local dealer was good enough to let me test drive one for the day a couple of weeks ago so I could take it out on the motorway and I could see that one coming up automatically. Today, I just happened to notice that it didn't seem to be going up despite me doing around 70mph, so I activated it manually and could see it go up. Then when I got home, despite pressing the button again and the little light on it going off, the spolier stayed up! I then left it about 20 minutes, went back out, turned the ignition on and pressed the button a couple of times over...it eventually went down.

And yep, its the diesel GT...so thanks for the note regarding the recall as well. Much appreciated.
There are two stages for the spoiler, the first is very low so I'm not sure you will see it, I for one can't see it but I can see the second stage, to reach the second stage you need to be doing 97 mph. As for the switch, don't just push it, hold it down until you hear the spoiler go down correctly, if you don't it will stay in that position until you correctly set it with the switch, best advice let the car sort the spoiler out don't mess with the switch, the spoiler is only a real benefit over 97 mph.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Good advice.

You do have to hold the button down until the Spoiler retracts.

Any light touch, even accidentally, will see the Spoiler rise upwards.

Retracting takes holding the button, not just a press.

Good to hear that the 2nd stage Spoiler needs to be 97mph +.
Went up to 95 mph (first time to test Spoiler) today on the (new) Severn Bridge and it didn't rise.
Thought there may be a problem, as I can see the Spoiler when it's at the 2nd Stage.
Not going to go any faster though to see if it rises automatically.

You'll never see the 1st Stage Spoiler automatic rise from the Driver's seat, no matter how tall you are.
Someone in the rear seats facing backwards might - alternatively get a mate to follow you.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell - I've noticed when using the cruise control that the speedo (at least on my car) is not calibrated properly. When I set the CC for 60mph the speedo ends up reading near 65 - same with the speed limiter. It's possible you were going a bit slower than the car led you to believe.

A

Anonymous

Jamesy,

You're quite right mate. I was forgetting the Speedo is caliberated to show that you are going faster than you really are.

My 95mph was probably 90/93mph.

Don't mind doing 90mph now and then, although not too keen to go past this.

Loads of Fixed Scameras in this Country and far too many Mobile Scameras - they've got it down to Police Bikes on Bridges / Slip Roads now. No chance of spotting them - well, not until they've blatted you anyway.

A

Anonymous

I hate to keep going on about niggles but...the window?

Three times in the last couple of days, I've got out and locked the car...only for the passenger side window to open. It drops all the way down and stays there. You have to get back in, turn the ignition on and then try three or four times to put it back up again. Then there's no guarantee that it won't do the same thing again. Anyone else had the same thing?

Only 7 weeks into owning it and I love the car in some ways but am beginning to hate it in others. For over £20k, you expect the thing to have a clock(s) that works properly, a spoiler that goes down instead of sometimes staying up when you get out, wing mirrors that still retract after a frost and windows that stay up when you lock the thing up. :thumbdown: :roll:

A

Anonymous

Re: I hate to keep going on about niggles but...the window?

You are highlighting all the things I expect to happen......although I was hoping to be about two / three years down the line.

You seem to have a problem with your electrics if it's affecting all those areas.

Good luck.....electrics tend to be a nightmare :brickwall:

FGRob

Reaction score

Woolly said:
Three times in the last couple of days, I've got out and locked the car...only for the passenger side window to open. It drops all the way down and stays there. You have to get back in, turn the ignition on and then try three or four times to put it back up again. Then there's no guarantee that it won't do the same thing again. Anyone else had the same thing?

Only 7 weeks into owning it and I love the car in some ways but am beginning to hate it in others. For over £20k, you expect the thing to have a clock(s) that works properly, a spoiler that goes down instead of sometimes staying up when you get out, wing mirrors that still retract after a frost and windows that stay up when you lock the thing up. :thumbdown: :roll:
Hi Woolly.

It sounds to me you have water in the drivers control panel in the door, I always keep a cloth handy to wipe any water away after i've opened the door or window - common issue as we don't have any run offs for water.

As for the spoiler I think that's down to you, you need to ensure the spoiler is fully down and then leave it in automatic - it goes down then no problem, but if you choose to manually operate it then you can expect problems. As for the mirrors - well that's just one of those things that you have to accept due to the extreme bad weather - as soon as the sun comes back all this issue will be soon forgotten.

The clock sounds like it was not set-up right by your dealer during it's PDI - take it back get it sorted, stepping back and looking at the problems people have encountered a high proportion are down to poor dealer PDI (clocks, chocks and paint) and the rest tend to be driver related issues, the only one real issue is the diesel engine - that's a different issue that Peugeot really need to get hold of and sort out quickly.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
You are highlighting all the things I expect to happen......although I was hoping to be about two / three years down the line.

Um, why exactly are you expecting these problems??? Surely nowadays car manufacturing has improved sufficiently to NOT expect problems? I recall maaaannnnnyyyy years ago when electrically operated windows were the exception people said they'd pack up and fail but these days they should be totally reliable, surely? My last two cars, both Hyundai, had electric front windows and neither gave me a problem, and that from a Korean manufacturer whom some snobs would belittle.

A

Anonymous

Hi Woolly,

I know it doesnt help your situation but we have sold over 30 rcz's and we have only had the following problems:

1 car had a small coolant leak - a clip wasnt quite tightened enough.
1 car had condensation in one of the side repeat indicator - replaced.

I've done 8,500 miles in my previous RCZ and another 1500 so far in my current one with no faults or issues at all.

I'm wondering if your car has an issue with the switch pack on the drivers door or its connections as the mirrors and windows both go through there?

Like FGROB says the spoiler only retracts in the auto mode, ifs its been manually overridden you have to close it yourself.

Has the car been to your dealer to have these problems addressed?

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

Rob whats the hdi engine problems you mentioned, mine is fine.