What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aberdeen - Black RCZ 156 GT

A

Anonymous

Alternatively you could sort out the track leading to your newly acquired ranch and keep the RCZ

A

Anonymous

Lol 400m of track? Nah think I'll just stick to getting a 4x4. Winter would be a bugger as well as it's partially uphill.

A

Anonymous

Can me and Rizz borrow your pit!? Ha
Dying to know where this place is....give us a clue!

A

Anonymous

Funnily enough it's not the first place we found a while back! It's actually the third place that we found! This one is between ellon and mint law.

I think I have had the silliest request yet on the car. So someone contacts me via piston heads asking about the condition of the alloys. I take 4 pictures and send them off. Fair enough, I can understand why you would ask. Then I get a response asking if I can take a video of it driving onto a kerb because you have to do that to park at their work. I politely refuse as it's not something that I would do unless an ambulance needed by in case I muck it up and score up an alloy. I then get a request asking to just take a picture of it on a kerb (how the hell do you get it on the kerb without riding up a kerb!?!?!). I responded and informed them that this wasn't the car for them.

Why would you go looking for a car that had huge rims and thin tyres if you were going to be riding up kerbs every day is beyond me.

A

Anonymous

I can't even imagine asking someone to do that!! That's a truly ridiculous request. :thumbdown:

So third time was a charm in the house hunt? Sounds like a cracking place you've found!!! You'll be a teuchter like Donna now then? ;)

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Funnily enough it's not the first place we found a while back! It's actually the third place that we found! This one is between ellon and mint law.

You're gonna need that 4x4 then ... Toll of Birness/Mintlaw is a pain in the hoop in the snow!!!

A

Anonymous

Well I've still yet to have any serious interest in the car so I'm getting to point of just trading it in at a dealership. If anyone wants to make me an offer then please do otherwise it will be heading to a dealer in the coming weeks.

A

Anonymous

Running her off to the dealers tomorrow. Hopefully they make me a reasonable offer. If I do then I'll have all the spare accessories up here for sale (spare alloy, boot tray, mats etc)

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Running her off to the dealers tomorrow. Hopefully they make me a reasonable offer. If I do then I'll have all the spare accessories up here for sale (spare alloy, boot tray, mats etc)

FYI Kemnay have given up their Pug franchise :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Oh wow! How did you hear that?

Horses mouth. Booked a gti test drive from Kemnay online.....when I turned up last saturday, duly got the test drive but the salesman was honest and said he couldn't sell me one and that was the reason why. So get yourself over to Kemnay for a hassle free raggin' of a gti :)

when AC took over from Belmont, Pug were desperate for AC to get them back into the city. AC was insistant they had no space in Aberdeen, so Pug more or less told them to stuff it. So now they'll be a Vauxhall dealership, along with Chevrolet and Chrysler.

A

Anonymous

Very interesting to hear. The branch was useless so I'm not surprised.

In other news, the car is still with me. Turns out the car I was interested in was most definitely not worth the premium price they were after for it and they wouldn't take mine on it's own even though the dealer liked it a lot.

A

Anonymous

I really wish I could but the pot holes on that farm track would just eat the alloys and the under side would be a mess. If I don't get a buyer before I move she will be going down to Edinburgh and my dad will sell her from there.

A

Anonymous

Price dropped to the trade in value on parkers for the car of £11995 for a dealer. An absolute steal for the car!

I'd rather see someone get a bargain and put a smile on their face than a dealer make a profit by throwing it back onto their forecourt for an inflated price.

Remember I'm still including the full size spare alloy, inflation kit, boot tray, 4 mats (only get two as standard) and the quad exhaust.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Price dropped to the trade in value on parkers for the car of £11995 for a dealer. An absolute steal for the car!

I'd rather see someone get a bargain and put a smile on their face than a dealer make a profit by throwing it back onto their forecourt for an inflated price.

Remember I'm still including the full size spare alloy, inflation kit, boot tray, 4 mats (only get two as standard) and the quad exhaust.

As much as it pains me to say this, have you tried any of the webuyanysh!te type sites? I couldn't sell mine unfortunately, and shipped it off to one of those. Pretty hassle free if I'm honest, and typical the next day someone rang wanting to see it! Can't have it all ways I guess :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Yup, they offered me a 4 figure sum. No way I was taking that!

Was offered £11500 by a dealership where I should be swapping it this week for a used 2003 nissan navara pick up :)

A

Anonymous

4 figures?! I'd have been telling them to get on their bikes too. Does concern me a little as to what I'll be offered when the time comes. When I purchased it I'd anticipated depreciation being significantly less than this. That said, I hadn't anticipated as quick a face lift. Doh!!!!

Any plans to do anything to the Navara?

A

Anonymous

Strip the engine down and change out the big end bearing bolts and bearing shells as the bolts are a known weak point which can send a con rod out the side of the block (bit of a small problem that one) but beyond that nothing. I'm looking forward to having a vehicle I can throw around in a field, chuck machinery in the back and not treat with cotton wool :)

Oh and yeah the residuals shocked me a bit too but it is what it is. Owned the car for two years and I wouldn't change it.

A

Anonymous

That's funny because i was awfully close to making the same final statement. It is what it is. Might as well just enjoy it while I have it and accept what is coming.

Well good luck with the new purpose and enjoy it and the new home!