What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Aberdeen - Black RCZ 156 GT

A

Anonymous

Yup that was me! Managed to fit a bi-fold door in the back of the car along with the weekly groceries and other bits and pieces from B&Q. If I didn't have a passenger beside me I would have got the boot shut.

Got talking to a guy in the B&Q car park actually. He commented on how nice the car was. When I mentioned it was up for sale he got very interested. Had to laugh when I said what I'm after for it, his response - "that's bloody reasonable!" and his wives response - "It's never worth that! It's 3 years old!". She didn't seem as enthusiastic.

A

Anonymous

Sadly, from the remarks of his wife, I suspect that we can tell EXACTLY who has control of the household purse strings!!

I suspected that it was you but lost you before you turned off at the roundabout before Haudigan. Good work on making full use of the boot!!

A

Anonymous

Beginning to wonder if I'll have to drop the price. Only had scammers contact me so far! :(

A

Anonymous

I'm amazed that I haven't had any serious interest in the car! Am I pricing too high? Photos all wrong? Can someone give some advice? I've dropped the price by £250. I'm not desperate to sell but thought I would have had some interest by now.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
I'm amazed that I haven't had any serious interest in the car! Am I pricing too high? Photos all wrong? Can someone give some advice? I've dropped the price by £250. I'm not desperate to sell but thought I would have had some interest by now.

People will be looking at parkers and seeing the below. Yours is low miles and has a quad exhaust though :thumbup:

I don't think your price is too far off where it should be, but there are loads around and most people want it in white would be my thinking.

Have you put it on gumtree and eBay for maximum exposure?

You're not desperate to sell so put it on eBay / gumtree and see what happens? With everyone going on holiday, this won't be helping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 3,572

RCZ1

Reaction score
Your photos of the car exterior, I feel, could be better. You have photographed the car under trees, which are casting all sort of shadows over the paintwork. You can't tell what condition the paintwork is in and some may feel its been photographed like that to hide something.

Take photos out in full sun, with no shade to show the car off to its full potential :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I saw a black 10plate in Stoneywood the other evening....was it you?

A

Anonymous

Yeah I think I might retake the pictures. It looked good in person under the trees as it showed off the curves etc but didn't translate well to the camera.

I didn't think the price was too far off the mark. I looked at parkers and priced according to others that are also for sale. Gumtree and ebay might not be a bad shout. I have it on piston heads and autotrader.

It probably was me! You'll know it's me as I'm the only one in Aberdeen with a black one with quads :)

Thanks for the advice guys. It can be tricky to work out where you are going wrong without an outside view.

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Yeah I think I might retake the pictures. It looked good in person under the trees as it showed off the curves etc but didn't translate well to the camera.

I didn't think the price was too far off the mark. I looked at parkers and priced according to others that are also for sale. Gumtree and ebay might not be a bad shout. I have it on piston heads and autotrader.

It probably was me! You'll know it's me as I'm the only one in Aberdeen with a black one with quads :)

Thanks for the advice guys. It can be tricky to work out where you are going wrong without an outside view.

I only saw the front though as I was coming the other way.... outside BP building? I was heading towards Dyce, 'you' heading into town. Recall seeing a bonny shiny amber??

A

Anonymous

Yup looks like we passed one another :) I'll be sure to give you a wave next time I see you

A

Anonymous

Have you tried a online evaluation from Webuyanycar.com worth a try anything is but gumtree is full of undesirable dodgy geezers

A

Anonymous

I did the we buy any car for a laugh. They offered 10999 which I'm sure would be knocked down further if I continued with the deal. phoned a few dealerships as well just to see whats what and none would buy it outright but then didn't have anything that I was interested in to part ex. Plus I want something around the 4k mark so I'm not bothered about taking it off road :)

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
I did the we buy any car for a laugh. They offered 10999 which I'm sure would be knocked down further if I continued with the deal. phoned a few dealerships as well just to see whats what and none would buy it outright but then didn't have anything that I was interested in to part ex. Plus I want something around the 4k mark so I'm not bothered about taking it off road :)

Don't want to sound harsh but I suspect you're being somewhat optimistic with your pricing. I've an 11 Plate GT with every option bar the Nav, 16k miles and I'm after the same money and getting nowhere fast. Suspect I'll have to take around 13.8-14k for it, and being a year newer/lower miles perhaps your pricing is somewhat high?

A

Anonymous

Don't worry about being harsh. I was after advice!

If I get no interest in the coming weeks then I may drop the price further but as I'm in no rush to sell I'm in no rush to drop the price. Of course if someone came along with a cash offer then I'd be happy to haggle! :)

Cheers for the comments all.

A

Anonymous

Don't know how relevent this is but I was recently told my 61 plate isn't worth £14K as a trade-in now (a price I was hoping for in a years time) . So selling privately I reckon you are asking a bit too much. Think you will struggle to sell at that price.

Have you gauged it against others on Autotrader/Pistonheads/Ebay? Extras just aren't worth 'extra' :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Ok after taking on board the advice here (and to be honest I knew it was over priced deep down), I've dropped the price to £13500 but will consider serious offers if anyone on here is interested

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
Ok after taking on board the advice here (and to be honest I knew it was over priced deep down), I've dropped the price to £13500 but will consider serious offers if anyone on here is interested

A lot of car for someone's money your RCZ and others on the market I reckon.

A

Anonymous

oh I don't doubt that and she's been well looked after but as someone told me a long time ago, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

A

Anonymous

Well I have some good news! Had an offer accepted on a house in the countryside :) Going to have a lovely farm house cottage, big double garage workshop with inspection pit, steading and a good chunk of land. Problem is that it's a pot holed track up to it that I would never dream of taking the RCZ so I'll need to get her sold by the end of the year or let my parents in Edinburgh sell her!

Price now £12,995.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 9068665289

A

Anonymous

Wonderful news on the house! Sounds idyllic!!!

13k for the RCZ... :eek: someone's gonna get a bargain!!!