What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

+125.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Re: +100.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

I have a kind request to the forum members here:
Some of you have access to the parts catalogue of Peugeot RCZ. You are able to look up prices and if certain parts can be ordered separately.
Therefore I have a question:
Is the black front grill on the R where the two silver blades sit on available separately? Or is it an integral part of the whole front bumper?

I have that encircled part on my mind.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Peugeot-RCZ_R_2014_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg
    Peugeot-RCZ_R_2014_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,237

tianorth

Reaction score

I have some screenshots but cannot resize them to post on the forum!!

Can you pm me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Chris

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Chris, thank you!
Sent you a PM :greetings-wavingblue:

pete.garratt

Reaction score

Yes, you can obtain this part separately. Not near a PC just now, so can’t give any more details.

Looks like Chris is going to sort you out anyway.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Going by Chris' pictures (Thank you, Chris!) the part I'm looking for is the whole black part at the R's front.
When you look at the picture I posted above, it is the whole black shiny plastic at the front.
The blueprints show it is a one-piece part which sits behind the painted front bumper. I smell high costs, even though it is only "plastic".

2retro

Reaction score

Yeah, that's going to cost at least a kidney! :eek:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I believe Peugeot plastic is actually refined from an amalgam of gold and platinum which has been created in the heart of an exploding gas giant somewhere near the edge of our galaxy. :eusa-think:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

... which is why often the insurance rates for Pug cars are higher than for German cars. The people car producer deliberately prices parts on the car's front and rear much lower than competitors. Makes the repair costs in case of accident lower thus lower insurance rates.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

RCZ-R said:
... which is why often the insurance rates for Pug cars are higher than for German cars. The people car producer deliberately prices parts on the car's front and rear much lower than competitors. Makes the repair costs in case of accident lower thus lower insurance rates.
Once upon a time (winter of 1962), I was helping a mate in his garage when there was a - crash, tinkle tinkle, outside.
I dashed out to see an Austin A35 rear embedded in the front of my Ford 10.
Driver was much apologetic, saying his foot slipped off the clutch and he reversed into my motor.
After a bit of heaving and shoving the mating pair were separated.
His "modern" motor had a perfect imprint of my bumper, including demolishing most of his rear light clusters.
We looked at the front of mine and stifled a laugh - not a scratch.
They don't make them like that these days!

Attachments

• ford10front.jpg
    ford10front.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 2,122

DKZ5745

Reaction score

Crumple zones :wtf:

If you hit the front or back with a jet wash too enthusiastically it’s a 2 grand repair bill. Passenger safety has a lot to answer to :eusa-think: :D

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
Crumple zones :wtf:

If you hit the front or back with a jet wash too enthusiastically it’s a 2 grand repair bill. Passenger safety has a lot to answer to :eusa-think: :D
Crikey!
Yet, the doors and bonnet seem quite heavy; or is that because we are decrepit feeble geriatrics?

DKZ5745

Reaction score

stewartwillsher said:
we are decrepit feeble geriatrics?

I resemble that comment :crazy:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
stewartwillsher said:
we are decrepit feeble geriatrics?

I resemble that comment :crazy:
Don't dare laugh nor tell her I told :eusa-shhh: , but being vertically challenged, including shortish reach from shoulder to hand, her ladyship when seated, cannot reach the inside door pull if door opened to max extent. :oops:
Muggins has to get out and do the gentlemanly thing and close the door for her - all say aaaaaaagh! :dance:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

PERFORMANCE DATA:

Guys, I finally put my hand on some measurement equipment and started to push my girl through some exercises. What do I mean by that? Getting some figures on stuff like acceleration and deceleration.

Let's start with one of the stand-out features of the RCZ R, its anchor-like brakes.
We all know she is equipped with 380mm rotors and fixed calipers. The stopping power is outstanding for this class/price of a car.

Here below you see my recent result on braking power. The conditions were all but ideal. Close to 0°C, ice cold asphalt, the R was still on Michelin PS4s summer tyres. Not the ideal conditions to squeeze the max out of the brakes/tyres combo.
Still a pretty good result.

You can see the amount of ABS regulation by the orange line. During hot summer months when the tarmac is hot and so are the tyres, the ABS hardly ever needs to regulate as the ABS modulation in the RCZ R allows some tyre slippage. To put it in simple words, there are some black lines on the tarmac after such braking.
So I assume there could be another 1 up to 2 meters less on the result when done during summer.

I couldn't find any official data on the braking distance for the R. All I found was here:
http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel1864-4616.htm
It says, the R needs 34.7m stopping distance. That number has already been beaten by my result here :greetings-wavingblue: .

The Alcons are bedded well on my R causing absolutely no overheating or brake pad material transfers into the discs. You do few of those emergency braking one after the other and the Alcons just smile at you.
I love them cause they give a huge safety margin.

cheers!

Attachments

• braking100-0.PNG
    braking100-0.PNG
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,074

ChrisS

Reaction score

Just discovered this whole post. What a great read, especially as I've just got an R myself so this is really useful to read about what I potentially have in store!

ChrisS

Reaction score

Just discovered this whole post. What a great read, especially as I've just got an R myself so this is really useful to read about what I potentially have in store!

Plecodoras

Reaction score

Double bubble LOL ha ha ha :thumbup: :thumbup:

ChrisS

Reaction score

That is good!!

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Glad to hear you're enjoying the read :greetings-wavingblue:

Recently the updates were scarce. But I hope I can improve on that soon. I still have no cool winter pictures of my R, sitting in deep snow or just being clogged with sleet on the front after a long autobahn haul. :dance:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Finally, some snow sitting on my R.

It was a cold day with snow-covered roads. I took her out for a spin on snow. The RCZ is so easy to slide with the E brake on. You approach a corner, apply a bit of steering, pull quickly the E brake and she starts drifting in a long, controllable slide. So much fun!
Fortunately you can turn off the ESP entirely on the R before the fun starts! :greetings-wavingblue:

Attachments

• RCZ_snow.jpg
    RCZ_snow.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,673