What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

0 Satellites visible

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought some update discs las year and the instructions said to pull the nav fuse if it froze on installation to restart the system then run the updates again which then went smoothly how did you restart your system when it froze?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
I bought some update discs las year and the instructions said to pull the nav fuse if it froze on installation to restart the system then run the updates again which then went smoothly how did you restart your system when it froze?

Oh right. I didn't read that anywhere. I didn't restart it, I just left it until I got the disc, then put that in.
Do you think I should try the fuse, then install the update again?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I would give that a go it can't hurt

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It does look as though you might have to resort to “the tool” :thumbdown:

Not sure if they can do some kind of full reset using this device, but as I posted, it actually sorted my issues before having a new gps Aerial, so that might be all that is required. A bit of a pain but better than it not working. :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
It does look as though you might have to resort to “the tool” :thumbdown:

Not sure if they can do some kind of full reset using this device, but as I posted, it actually sorted my issues before having a new gps Aerial, so that might be all that is required. A bit of a pain but better than it not working. :eusa-think:

Hmmm, I think your right. I'm just a bit worried as they didn't even know about the update disc when I went in to order it. It does look like this is a common issue, so maybe they have heard of it before.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I'm determined to fix this myself, so I am currently bidding on 'the tool' on ebay. (Laptop with PP2000 and Diagbox)

If I win, I will let you know how it goes :thumbup:

tianorth

Reaction score
I have cable and software if you don't win.
I also have a laptop running xp with it installed.
Only problem is laptop needs to be connected to mains.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Iv had my rcz 156 with ng4 system n what happened with mine one day it just closed rebooted n opened n then it would not locate me properly saying 0. Satellite n after a day or two it rectified its self, but then done it again. Iv come to the conclusion it's when I try n connect my phone htc via Bluetooth, I found that if I close the Sat nav ie flip it down n leave it for a while then check via the dash computer it will then show I'm on the right rd open Sat nav n all is well n all has been well since n not connect phone hope it helps.
Cheers

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Dotydale said:
Hi,
Iv had my rcz 156 with ng4 system n what happened with mine one day it just closed rebooted n opened n then it would not locate me properly saying 0. Satellite n after a day or two it rectified its self, but then done it again. Iv come to the conclusion it's when I try n connect my phone htc via Bluetooth, I found that if I close the Sat nav ie flip it down n leave it for a while then check via the dash computer it will then show I'm on the right rd open Sat nav n all is well n all has been well since n not connect phone hope it helps.
Cheers

Its certainly worth a try :thumbup:

Just a thought, does anyone think it may be battery related? I've noticed that every time I start my car lately, it says Economy mode active.

tianorth

Reaction score
Batteries these days don't last.
If you get more than a year out of them you are doing well.
It's the new technology in them, that for some reason they only have a short lifespan.

Saying that, we also have a Peugeot 1007, now these need a good battery or else doors don't open etc.
Every garage that I've been to has said battery has gone (had it ), you need a new one.
That over 3 years ago and my mam (who drives the car) keeps going on short journeys and flattening the battery.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

drdino

Reaction score
tianorth said:

If you struggle to get more than a year out of a battery, something is seriously wrong with the car (or the usage pattern).

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
Dotydale said:
Hi,
Cheers

Its certainly worth a try :thumbup:

Just a thought, does anyone think it may be battery related? I've noticed that every time I start my car lately, it says Economy mode active.

I think a drop test is in order. You shouldn’t be seeing that when starting up. It is a known issue that low batteries can throw up weird & wonderful problems with the Z. A check can’t do any harm, but use someone you trust, cos it’s likely they'll say you need one whether you do or not.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
All Peugeots chuck odd stuff with an old battery.
My 406 liked abs faults until I put a new battery on it.
Whereas with my first 407, it WAS an abs fault :)

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
While I wait for the PP2000 to arrive, I bought a 1hr subscription to the repair documentation on Service box. I found a TSB 14117 (which I still do not have access to as I do not have a diagnostic subscription. Grr) Anyone on here able to find it?

And I also found the below. Ive tried this, but to no avail :(

Attachments

• GPS TSB.jpg
    GPS TSB.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 8,639

frankvdb

Reaction score
drdino said:
tianorth said:

If you struggle to get more than a year out of a battery, something is seriously wrong with the car (or the usage pattern).
I agree. For short distances I use the bike. I've never had to replace a battery and I have the RCZ since 2010...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
So, a bit of an update. I followed the procedure I posted above to the letter, and.......it has restored the GPS firmware! The car can see satellites again. It is still showing as being about three miles from where I actually am, but I'm hoping that will sort itself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAC

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
While I wait for the PP2000 to arrive, I bought a 1hr subscription to the repair documentation on Service box. I found a TSB 14117 (which I still do not have access to as I do not have a diagnostic subscription. Grr) Anyone on here able to find it?

OK tried that :wave: but all I've got is a load of dashes next to GPS should I have a version a instead :?:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
TAC said:
Abzynthe said:

OK tried that :wave: but all I've got is a load of dashes next to GPS should I have a version a instead :?:

If you have dashes, as I did, this should reset it to give a firmware in that menu, maybe the gps aerial has a broken connection? I have version B installed in mine, and since the reset, has been working fine.