What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

0 Satellites visible

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, it appears not to be my week. My Z has now taken to showing me driving through fields, and across roads, nowhere near my actual location.

It is also showing 0 satellites visible - maybe something to do with my on map off-roading antics.

Is there someway of re-setting the system? Not sure if that would help or not.

I did the map update some time ago, but all has been ok since the update, it's just been the last couple of days, round about the same time as the low oil warning, which has now gone (can't see any connection there).

Anyone else ever had this?

TAC

Reaction score
Had this No I've got it now happened 2 weeks ago after a update totally useless sat nav now and don't get me started on the speed camera alerts still make me jump even through I'm sixty miles away

tianorth

Reaction score
Press and hold the power button (I think) for about 10 seconds.

DKZ5745 said:
Is there someway of re-setting the system?

Let us know what happens.

Does it do it when route is programmed or all time?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Haven't tried planning a route since it started playing up. It does sometimes seem to pick up where I am, but then the next time I look at the screen, I'm in the middle of fields, or driving across roads in a housing estate no where near my actual location.

I will give the power button a go tomorrow, cheers Chris.

tianorth

Reaction score
With the sat nav problem could this be connected to the oil level warning?
As no satellite visible, no oil visible. :oops:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Now you mention it, also had two people pull out on me yesterday, and an old lady in a micra driving straight at me on the wrong side of the road.

Maybe my entire car is becoming invisible.... :eusa-think:

Can't see it myself though :shock: :lol:

:auto-car:

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Now you mention it, also had two people pull out on me yesterday, and an old lady in a micro driving straight at me on the wrong side of the road.
Well what do you expect if you're driving in the middle of fields or across roads in housing estates... ;)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, this morning, decided to go out & try the power button reset thingy, and guess what, there were 4 satellites visible, and my car was actually wher it really was :wtf:

So, had a drive & all was OK, so haven't done the power button thingy yet. Strange how it has cleared itself up at the same time it's sorted the low oil level warning out.

I really can't see how they could be linked, but it's a coincidence that this is the first error message I have had since buying the car, and I have two problems at the same time, that both clear at the same time :shock:

Very odd :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
So, this morning, decided to go out & try the power button reset thingy, and guess what, there were 4 satellites visible, and my car was actually wher it really was :wtf:

Does that mean you actually got in your car and not someone elses? :lol:

TAC

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Press and hold the power button (I think) for about 10 seconds.

DKZ5745 said:
Is there someway of re-setting the system?

Let us know what happens.

Does it do it when route is programmed or all time?

I tried that all it does is brings up the date :( also I'm getting location bad

tianorth

Reaction score
As per page 251 of the owners manual.
Press eject - continuous press : re initialisation of the system

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I will have to try that Chris, cos it's gone back to 0 satellites visible again, and I'm off roading everywhere.

While I was waiting to pick my OH up from work, I tried the power button thingy, but that just seemed to turn off the radio.

So I tried pressing and holding the nav button, that seemed to shut the system down & re start it, but it didn't make any difference at all.

I will try the eject button thingy tomorrow. It will probably just eject my CD. :wtf:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
I really can't see how they could be linked, but it's a coincidence that this is the first error message I have had since buying the car, and I have two problems at the same time, that both clear at the same time :shock:

I had an ABS sensor fault and it caused similar issues with my rt6 sat nav. The ABS fault would randomly appear during a journey and the sat nav would stop updating position from that point onwards for that journey.
Once I got the ABS sensor fixed the sat nav worked fine too. I don't know how the fault would affect the satnav, but it did!

TAC

Reaction score
tianorth said:
As per page 251 of the owners manual.
Press eject - continuous press : re initialisation of the system
If that fails would a 4lb club hammer work ;)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think it would make me feel better though :eusa-whistle:

TAC

Reaction score
I just tried the eject button it does reboot it but it still saying I'm in Dorking :shock: