What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

0 Satellites visible

TAC

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
You could always move to Dorking :eusa-think:

:lol: I could as I now no where all the speed cameras are ;)

TAC

Reaction score
Did you get yours sorted DKZ5745
Mines still reporting 0 satellites visible.
I went to a Peugeot dealer today they spent over a hour on it, still not working.
They said it could be the antenna in the roof lining :eusa-think:

TAC

Reaction score
I was quoted 2 days to try and fix it :eusa-think:
Also was told £1600. to replace but a call to France to ok it :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score
When no satellites are visible does your sat nav still work or does it need the satellite to work?

TAC

Reaction score
tianorth said:
When no satellites are visible does your sat nav still work or does it need the satellite to work?
It needs a satellite to work, if I try to use the sat nav it says I'm 50 miles from where I am so totally useless

RCZ1

Reaction score
Are you in a good signal area when you get this message?

The only time I get the same displayed on mine is when it's parked in my garage, usually on start up.

TAC

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Are you in a good signal area when you get this message?

The only time I get the same displayed on mine is when it's parked in my garage, usually on start up.

I get it all the time no matter where I am.
I also get bad location when I try to reset it.

TAC

Reaction score
I'm beginning to believe this could be the antenna in the roof lining, or software

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Weird thing is, sometimes when I get 0 satellites visible, the map still shows me where I actually am, it also follows me correctly on the road. But it does show --- for altitude.
Other times it shows me in the middle of a field somewhere.
I can be parked on my drive and get bad area no satellites visible, then next time parked in same place it finds 6. It can also lose me half way along a journey.

I have also asked them to look at my oil usage. It was 21st June when I got the low oil warning. Next day I filled it. It is now showing at the bottom of the dipstick again. I don't think that is quite right.

I will post the findings by my local dealer (Evans Halshaw Wakefield) next week.

TAC

Reaction score
Have you fitted a dash cam to the back of the car in the roof lining ?

TAC

Reaction score
I'm going to pull my roof lining down this weekend just to see if I have disconnected the nav aerial. :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, the car went in for its second service today, and I asked them to look at the 0 satellites visible problem.

Report reads, Found TSB D5AW010NQ0. Checked the GPS Firmware found it to read GPS---' requires re-initialising. Carried out GPS reset as per TSB, tested all ok.

On the way home all was as it should be, 6 satellites found all the way home.

So if there is a TSB out, maybe it's worth a visit to your dealer and get a FOC fix.