What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Zombie1066 goes to SuperChips - Part 2 (now at 235 bhp)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
It's in my blood, I can't leave any car alone.

This morning I went to SuperChips and had my ECU remapped. This was a scheduled visit and the guys at SuperChips were fantastic.

At the end of the day I am producing 235bhp of power and 347nm of torque. But keep this in mind, this is on the dyno and heat created doing so does affect the end result (explained very well by the techs at SuperChips). I can tell you that the true results are found on the road, and as you can see that the best hp and torque gain is in the mid-range which is where I am at a lot. It's smoother, no turbo lag, and accelerates much better out of the corners. It definitely is more fun to drive. Keep in mind that I do have other modifications done to aid in these numbers (K&N filter and Ruffer exhaust).

So what is next ???

Here are some pictures and the results:

A

Anonymous

Re: Zombie1066's RCZ goes to SuperChips

So far so good. Keep tune it ;)

A

Anonymous

Good post :text-goodpost:

Well done,each time i read you'r posts you make the Rcz the car it should be,i love your enthusiasm and pleased you opted for Superchips
keep updating the forum,you make interesting reading and i for one share you'r passion.Out of intrest are you using high octane or standard pump for the result's on dyno :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

dolanog said:
Good post :text-goodpost:

Well done,each time i read you'r posts you make the Rcz the car it should be,i love your enthusiasm and pleased you opted for Superchips
keep updating the forum,you make interesting reading and i for one share you'r passion.Out of intrest are you using high octane or standard pump for the result's on dyno :eusa-think:

Yes I have the passion and it shows as you see, so thank you for recognizing that.

I did some research on remap companies, some just didn't sound or look good, others were interesting, but Superchips was my pick due to their involvement with this area of cars. I used a Superchip module years ago in my Mustang in the U.S. and was not disappointed then either.

I use only 99 Momentum fuel or equivalent.

A

Anonymous

Yep, I agree with the rest of you.. Keep up the "useful mods" Zombie1066! Good job for making the RCZ a better all-round "Drivers Car"!

A

Anonymous

interesting base hp is 225! have you gone for max speed? ;-) just to try it or the 0-100km/h or 0-60mph time?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

To be honest I want more power in the mid-range for better acceleration for passing and out of the corners, top speed would be nice although I believe our cars are limited?

A

Anonymous

hmm also only the air filter did any difference, i mean in sound or performance? can you tell us, and are you going to setup also a dump valve to protect the turbo?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

joaofisio said:
hmm also only the air filter did any difference, i mean in sound or performance? can you tell us, and are you going to setup also a dump valve to protect the turbo?

The filter and exhaust helped in both sound and performance. No on the dump valve.

Stay tuned as more to come in regards to mods etc.

A

Anonymous

The works spec RCZ Is producing just under 300bhp or there abouts... I'll have a look for the official blurb later as it listed a lot of changes.

Ideally you wanna be looking at a new exhaust header / free flowing cat next. But bear in mind whatever you do now will require further remapping

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Figo said:
The works spec RCZ Is producing just under 300bhp or there abouts... I'll have a look for the official blurb later as it listed a lot of changes.

Ideally you wanna be looking at a new exhaust header / free flowing cat next. But bear in mind whatever you do now will require further remapping

You go that right Figo about a remap after each mod. Since I knew I was going to get a remap and do some mods, and being on a tight budget just after the purchase of the car, I waited till I had done the mods before I got a remap. Yes it would of been nice to have known what I had prior to the mods, but again it was a funds issue at the time.

I do want to change out the rest of the exhaust, but will take time to do so.

A

Anonymous

My eyes were really opened up to headers on my MGTFR. 210bhp on a naturally aspirated engine... Free flowing header gave me a 10% increase to over 230bhp .... With no turbo :-O

A

Anonymous

Zombie can you tell me what air filter you bought?

Figo: Works spec rcz ? under 300bhp? you read that where?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

joaofisio said:
Zombie can you tell me what air filter you bought?

Figo: Works spec rcz ? under 300bhp? you read that where?

K&N

A

Anonymous

That car has 250 bhp.....and to get there they had to fit special pistons and con rods and heavily modify the intake system....

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

RCZGT200 said:
That car has 250 bhp.....and to get there they had to fit special pistons and con rods and heavily modify the intake system....

You can get 250 bhp from the stock engine with some additional bolt-on mods and a remap and be okay. This is because the biggest difference here is that with a street car, you very rarely require and use that much power. Where as the race car, it is constantly pushing on the maximum and so better engine internal mods are required (it's built to be raced).

A

Anonymous

wouldnt mind the sequential box :p