What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Your Next Car???

A

Anonymous

Hi Jactac :wave:
my only advise dont change the 156THP for the 200THP read my little article on my drive the other day,cabin road noise up on the 156THP :thumbdown: ,and for day to day driving i fel't the 156 suited my driving pattern better,i do feel now after nearly 9k the 200THP is too hard,after all how often do you go tracktesting :wtf:
I know ive harped on about more power for the 200THP,i would like a closer look at the HDI diesel,or more so towards the rumoured 205bhp on this assumed facelift.
ONE thing is obvious Peugeot need to get a grip for 2012,as i feel a lot of people are looking elswhere :eusa-think:
I for one will keep a close eye,but have decided if there is no change to the RCZ for 2012,i will part ex in March. :eek:
SORRY GUYS.

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Hi Jactac :wave:
my only advise dont change the 156THP for the 200THP read my little article on my drive the other day,cabin road noise up on the 156THP :thumbdown: ,and for day to day driving i fel't the 156 suited my driving pattern better,i do feel now after nearly 9k the 200THP is too hard,after all how often do you go tracktesting :wtf:
I know ive harped on about more power for the 200THP,i would like a closer look at the HDI diesel,or more so towards the rumoured 205bhp on this assumed facelift.
ONE thing is obvious Peugeot need to get a grip for 2012,as i feel a lot of people are looking elswhere :eusa-think:

I couldnt agree more with all you have said here m8. :clap:
Especially your last comment regarding Peugeot as a whole, it's like as if i've tried the RCZ, and ummm yeah it looks superb, but it sort of ends there i'm afraid.

As for power and performance, well thats not me these days, i did all that stuff when i was a silly teenager flying around the streets of Swansea thinking i was immortal, and very often ending up standing in front of the magistrate, and far too often nearly shaking the hand of the Grim Reaper :twisted:

Lets just say that my wife had a bit of a shock many years after she met me when she had to go to the police station to look at the "rogues albumn" after she became a witness to something, imagine her shock & horror when a spotty teeny weeny jactac was staring out at her from that infamous albumn :shock: :eek:

She still reminds of that day even now 30 years later. :lol:
These days I'm more into looks, style, comfort and a bloody quiet drive . :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

I will admit to eating my word's and my overall views have changed,i still think the RCZis unique and probably will be for the next 12mths or so,but Peugeot must realise that minor cosmetic changes are needed,just look at the forthcoming Audi r4 :eusa-think:it's a tough one to call at this moment.
The Rcz suit's my lifestyle i have two small children 12yrs and 8yrs who i see on weekends,obviously the car is well suited and cool for their image (and mine),i commute all week alone on a twisty A class and M4,so no need for a family based car,so overall the RCZ is fine,but as you (Jactac and other's) are begining to comment perhaps the honeymoon period isover:eusa-think: :eusa-think:
Also agree Jactac the RCZ is a good car 2 make it a great car these changes have to be implemented in 2012,and if that means a further premium by Peugeot so be it,the cabin noise level,some plastic trim and those already mentioned front end cosmetic changes need to come in ASAP :wtf: :eusa-think: .

RCZ1

Reaction score
You all have GT models I think so you have 19 inch wheels. Mine is the Sport with 18 inch wheels. Reason why you have cabin noise and I don't :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You all have GT models I think so you have 19 inch wheels. Mine is the Sport with 18 inch wheels. Reason why you have cabin noise and I don't :eusa-think:

Could well be K, thats why i'm contemplating changing the tyres to a higher profile. but it's going to be an expensive trial. :eusa-think:

Dolanog,
That is how i feel "the honeymoon period is over". Very well put. :clap:

A

Anonymous

On paper does look fab :thumbup: but thinking ahead if it's base OTR pricing is speculated mid 20k upwards,same old story haunts me cheap plastics,build issues,non compramise suspension and road noise :eusa-think: car with those looks i'd rather splash out a premium make sure those key areas addressed,i hope Peugeot dont launch this as a budget special as what on earth will it compete against,im certanly no expert but i'd say get the kit,running gear build issues sorted launch it at 30k and compete against it's German competitors,same story with RCZ dont cut cost's get the car sorted make it the car it deserves to be :eusa-think: where customers will come back :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
....same story with RCZ dont cut cost's get the car sorted make it the car it deserves where customers will come back :thumbup:

:text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

Thank's Gorwell :thumbup: Sometime's i feel as if Clarksson is sitting next to me :eek: :shock:i just want the best for a car i do like :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

after all the problems i've had with my RCZ i will never buy another Peugeot no matter how good it looks,

A

Anonymous

I must say that the negs on the RCZ do seem to be raising more frequently. :(

And i thought it was just me, (well certain people think it's just me) :lol:
Sometimes speaking the truth hurts :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I changed my RCZ after 10 months and 9000 miles as it didn't live upto my expectations in some key ways. As my mileage increased with a new job i found the car too noisy and too firm ( 200GT on 19" wheels) which left me aching after more than an hour behind the wheel.

My wife who has a history of sports cars ( MX5, WRX, Focus ST) had no problem with the car at all and thinks it is horses for courses!

I now drive a BMW 335i SE and it is extremely fast and comfortable.

Would I buy another RCZ? Yes if I could afford a weekend toy or changed jobs so I had a short journey to work. It still looks a million dollars and certinly makes my BMW look dull!

A

Anonymous

A R8 audi..oh wait, that's money...forget it until I win the Euromillion

A

Anonymous

had a test drive in the evoque, i recon it will bee a range rover evoque next.

A

Anonymous

As much as I love the rcz and will have it for a while I'm going to go for something with a bit more speed because I will be over 25 and insurance will be cheaper! I would like an evo at some point! Would frickin love a gtr!!! Then again you never know- they could have given the rcz an overhaul and put a bigger engine it by then! Lol or made it rear wheel drive so I can take it drifting on track days!!

soundwave5150

Reaction score
LynseyRCZ said:
As much as I love the rcz and will have it for a while I'm going to go for something with a bit more speed because I will be over 25 and insurance will be cheaper! I would like an evo at some point! Would frickin love a gtr!!! Then again you never know- they could have given the rcz an overhaul and put a bigger engine it by then! Lol or made it rear wheel drive so I can take it drifting on track days!!

Don't get too excited, the drop in price when you hit 25 is barely noticeable now. :(

A

Anonymous

soundwave5150 said:
LynseyRCZ said:

Don't get too excited, the drop in price when you hit 25 is barely noticeable now. :(

Bloody typical! I hate insurance companies! I've never had a point or a claim and they charge me a fortune!

A

Anonymous

Hi all
Been looking at an RCZ to replace my 3 series coupe but have decided
against it. I got some valuable info from this site but a test drive left
me disappointed. I felt the ride was as hard as my 3 series coupe which
was something I wanted to move away from and it was very noisy in the
cabin. The final straw was talking to a couple of friends in the trade who
warned me against the car because dealers are currently unable to shift
them and there used car values are about to plummet! I was looking at
a hi spec used one for around £23,000 but was advised it true value was
under £20,000.