What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Your Next Car???

A

Anonymous

I know it's a bit soon for most of you to be thinking about but what car do you think you will buy next?? Would you buy another RCZ or some other Peugeot or something completely deferent?? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Excellent question that will stir many emotions and perhaps some verbal exchanges :thumbup:

With me personally jury is still out,i love my 200THP,it suit's my needs and lifestyle,it's by far the best looking coupe on the market,and still quite unique on our British roads,but i genuinely feel the front end need's a slight revamp it goe's against the grain of the other features and curves of this sexy car as it's far too stock and i feel the 200THP needs that extra 10/15bhp to match other similar competitors,but retaining the 1600cubic capacity is spot on for insurance reason's and competitive fuel consumption.
I will look close at the forthcoming Toyota/Subaru coupe,and the Audi R4 looks good on paper :eusa-think: other option for me is the MK7 Golf Gti with its new floorpan and increased power but reduced Co2.
If Peugeot do decide to make minor changes i will order another in 2012 :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Dont think i will change... and this one will stay for a long time... think itll also be a long while before something comes out that looks and is better then my 200

A

Anonymous

Well as some of may have read, i've only had my RCZ for around 3 months now, and already i've visted one or two others dealers to see what is around, a change is not definate but i feel that for one reason or another i've already started to lose the excitment of owning an RCZ, yes it still attracts attention every time i take it out, but for me it seems to be losing that "new car" feeling too soon, not on looks but on driving it, it just dont feel or sound like a new car, after all it's only done 680 miles.
I cant really put my finger on why i feel like this so soon after taking ownership as i've not had any real problems with it and i'm happy with it's performance and handling.
I think, i like many others may of fell for it's looks over anything else.

As i've already said i now dont see the RCZ as being a long term car for me, i love the looks and dont think there's much out the that does look as good, but for me i'm not loving driving the RCZ as much as i thought i would and initialy did , the thrill of driving the car wore off quite fast, looking at it still excites me though !

As dolanog says, i dont think it will take a lot to turn the RCZ from a good car into a great car, but there are some things i would like to see changed before i ordered another one, road noise is a big issue for me to be honest, i find that the cabin of the RCZ is one of the nosiest cabins i've been in and i agree with the front end looking a bit out of place.

The Mk7 Golf is a real contender, i've only owned one VW, it was a Scirroco Storm many moons ago, but it was a great car, and put together really well, which for me is MORE important than looks alone.

Part-ex price will be a deciding factor for me, so i may have to hold onto it and see how things go over the next few months.

A

Anonymous

Regretting not having the 200 Jac or is it just a general thing????

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm really very, very happy with my RCZ. At this moment in time there is NOTHING out there that excites me enough to think "I'd like one of those". I'm planning on changing my RCZ for the face lifted model when it comes out. I've not experienced problems that some others seem to have. I'll admit that when it comes to choosing a car, the looks of it makes my decision, inside and out, rather than performance. I do look for something that is fairly economical and so far the RCZ is proving to be excellent.

Jactac says that the cabin of the RCZ is one of the noisiest he has owned. I've not noticed that whatsoever. Maybe that's due to the fact that I've owned convertibles, which do have a lot of road noise so in comparison, it's not been an issue for me.

A

Anonymous

No, not at all, i'm more than pleased with the performance, in fact the 156 is lot quicker than my previous car an Astra sri 140, but the funny thing is my son has now taken ownership of the Astra and both my wife and myself use the Astra before the RCZ, if we get the chance.

I did actualy take a 200 out for a spin and to be honest i was not that taken back with the performance compared to the 156 and also after driving both models i actualy thought the 200 was even louder drive in the cabin, due to the stiffer suspension, so out of the two the 156 was and is my first choice.

I just feel that the RCZ looks better than it drives. I thinks it's because i find the drive a bit noisy and hard, thing is i've never had a car on such low tyres and firm suspension, so this is probably the cause for cabin noise.

But theres other things like, the build, for instance already all the calipers are showing rust marks, the drivers mirror is noisy and you can hear the wiper motor behind the dash. I could go to the dealers and have the mirror and wiper motor looked at i guess but that also pisses me of that after just 680 miles minor faults are starting to show.

it just dont feel new to me anymore. It looks awsome, but just dont feel like a car with 680 miles on the clock. The Astra has 19000, i wonder what the RCZ will drive like with 19000 on the clock ?

The irritating thing is that i want to love this car like i did for the first few weeks and i should not be feeling like this so soon, it's a worry really after spending this amount of money.

I was thinking of changing to a slightly higher profile tyres to try and deal with the road noise, perhaps i will feel happier if that is elimated.

A relative of ours has a three year old Golf GTi which has done a fair bit of mileage (she's a rep), but the car still sounds and drives like new, it is so quiet in the cabin even on the low profile tyres, and the drive is as tight as Simon Cowells belts.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'm really very, very happy with my RCZ. At this moment in time there is NOTHING out there that excites me enough to think "I'd like one of those". I'm planning on changing my RCZ for the face lifted model when it comes out. I've not experienced problems that some others seem to have. I'll admit that when it comes to choosing a car, the looks of it makes my decision, inside and out, rather than performance. I do look for something that is fairly economical and so far the RCZ is proving to be excellent.
Jactac says that the cabin of the RCZ is one of the noisiest he has owned. I've not noticed that whatsoever. Maybe that's due to the fact that I've owned convertibles, which do have a lot of road noise so in comparison, it's not been an issue for me.
Flipping eck woman are you my alter ego? "I'll admit that when it comes to choosing a car, the looks of it makes my decision, inside and out, rather than performance. I do look for something that is fairly economical and so far the RCZ is proving to be excellent." "Jactac says that the cabin of the RCZ is one of the noisiest he has owned. I've not noticed that whatsoever. Maybe that's due to the fact that I've owned convertibles, which do have a lot of road noise so in comparison, it's not been an issue for me." YOU wrote this but it could so easily have been me. I only differ from you in my desire for the face lifted model as I would prefer to stick with the Mark1 even if I do believe that the nose lets the car down in the aesthetics department.

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Flipping eck woman are you my alter ego? "I'll admit that when it comes to choosing a car, the looks of it makes my decision, inside and out, rather than performance. I do look for something that is fairly economical and so far the RCZ is proving to be excellent." "Jactac says that the cabin of the RCZ is one of the noisiest he has owned. I've not noticed that whatsoever. Maybe that's due to the fact that I've owned convertibles, which do have a lot of road noise so in comparison, it's not been an issue for me." YOU wrote this but it could so easily have been me. I only differ from you in my desire for the face lifted model as I would prefer to stick with the Mark1 even if I do believe that the nose lets the car down in the aesthetics department.

That's because we have such great tastes Ron :beer:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

This is a very good point :clap:

I think there are many RCZ owners on here who have experienced "sporty" cars far better than what i have, you can see this by their previous cars and how knowledgable they are when talking about engines, gearbox's, bhp ect ect
The RCZ does not drive or sound like any other car that i've owned, and it probably shouldnt !

So maybe it's just a case of me getting used to how it should feel and sound.
I will be honest and as you can see from the mileage, the car does not get driven very much, so everytime i jump in it i'm listening to new noises and feeling lumps and bumps that i did not feel in my "other" car.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
That's because we have such great tastes Ron :beer:
Well compared to jactac anyway! Who in there right mind would choose Opal White?
But seriously though my HDi is stiffer suspension than any previous car that I have owned. But I adjusted to that very quickly and no longer notice it. But I have had ultra low profile tyres on my previous two cars and they were noisy rattly convertibles. So the quietness of this is welcoming :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

At the moment Ron m8 mine could be draped in gold leaf with diamond for lights and i would still be thinking of swapping it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
At the moment Ron m8 mine could be draped in gold leaf with diamond for lights and i would still be thinking of swapping it.

I just find that so sad Jactac :( It's such a shame that it's not quite lived up to what you wanted / expected. A new car should bring massive enjoyment every time you drive it and I suppose if that happened to me ( and I hope it never does) I would feel exactly the same.

It does remind me of the time, about 15 years ago, my husband bought a brand new BMW 5 series. He had it 6 weeks before he traded it in for something completely different. In the 6 weeks that he owned it, he had all sorts of problems with it. Just goes to show it can happen to any marque.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I thought the suspension on the RCZ was stiff, but compared to the Fiat Bipper (don't know the name Fiat gave it) the RCZ has a very very very very smooth ride. :cool:

The RCZ is a car that looks beautiful. And if you drive it the way Peugeot intended it - sporty - it will give you a lot of fun. My RCZ is my daily drive 30km highway on cruise control set to 120km/h. In the weekend is my funcar. Tomorrow we - Pug Drivers Belgium vzw - have a Clubday in "Pays de Herve". 200km twitsy B-roads. :dance: with on the end a Club Barbecue. Tomorrownight I know 2 RCZ-owners with a hugh smile. :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Toying between:

1) BMW 1 Series - Supposed to be absolutely fantastic. Always kept away from BMWs 'cos they're driven by wan.. :eusa-whistle: Have been told that this is one excellent car though, so may be finally swayed
2) Audi TT - You know what you're getting i.e. First Class Service
3) Audi A3 - As above
4) Aerial Atom - Sh*t off a stick - not really an everyday vehicle
5) Landrover Defender - Excellent vehicle, all rounder, good for mountains by me. Not many goodies as standard
6) Mitsubushi Animal - Excellent for the mountains by me. Completely different driving experience. Won't fit in my garage. Not sure of Dealership / aftersales (in this area)
7) Mini - A few people have them and say they're great fun. Not sure about the practicality
8) VW Golf - Standard Fare

...........etc

100) RCZ

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell. BMW 1 series or otherwise, absolutely terrible in the winter. My sister has the 1 series and her car was abandoned 3 miles from her house last winter for over a week as it could not deal with the snow. Just something to bear in mind.

My husband would love a Landrover Defender.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
RCZ1 said:
Gorwell. BMW 1 series or otherwise, absolutely terrible in the winter. My sister has the 1 series and her car was abandoned 3 miles from her house last winter for over a week as it could not deal with the snow. Just something to bear in mind.

My husband would love a Landrover Defender.

I think that says more about the ability to drive of your sister then on the car. :oops: :oops: :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Joske you naughty boy :eusa-whistle:

No seriously she drives many many miles with her job both here and on the continent in all sorts of weather, but the 1 series let her down really badly. So much so that she is thinking of trading it in for something else before winters comes or buying an older 4 x 4 just for winter use.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jactac said:

I just find that so sad Jactac :( It's such a shame that it's not quite lived up to what you wanted / expected. A new car should bring massive enjoyment every time you drive it and I suppose if that happened to me ( and I hope it never does) I would feel exactly the same.

It does remind me of the time, about 15 years ago, my husband bought a brand new BMW 5 series. He had it 6 weeks before he traded it in for something completely different. In the 6 weeks that he owned it, he had all sorts of problems with it. Just goes to show it can happen to any marque.

Yeah K,
i'm a bit confused at the moment how i feel about keeping the car. I never thought i would be writing this as i drove her home from Milton Keynes just 9 weeks ago. :cry:

I'm not actively out looking for a swap, i'm more browsing at the moment, but i do feel that if something caught my eye, new or used, i would seriously think of letting the RCZ go.

I think it is as you say, the RCZ just has not lived up to my expectations in certain areas, theres those little gripes that just niggle at me when i drive it and i feel that underneath its awesomely good looks it's a little bit let down in the quality & build department, and that's where the real Peugeot show's through.

I hate saying all of this because deep down i really do so much want to love ALL of my RCZ and not just it's looks . :cry: