What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Your cars mileage

Reaction score
Dont worry about hdi mileage, this engine block is quite old, but very reliable, PSA just updated parts like injectors, turbine, ecu etc.
2.0 hdi 90/110 hp was known to make 700.000 or more km without any problems, I had yesterday yearly service on my RCZ and my mechanic told me that he had in service 508 with same engine and 420.000 km and nothing was changed, everything still original, he cant praise enough about hdi PSA engines, he also said he has customer who has DS3 with THP engine and 250.000 km without any problems
But he also states that he dont like THP engine, too many problems with them, he says

TAC

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Keep it nice for me TAC, I'll have it off you when mine gets to many miles.

Cheers Mick [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Your be pleased to know it sailed through its third MOT small advisory front tyres side wall wear but added with my mileage could last another 2 years :clap:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Good lad for keeping us informed, just the right colour too. Glad your keeping her well maintained, keep an eye on those tyres lol.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Abbers

Reaction score
Petrol 1.6l. 60 plate (bought new) 123k on the clock and runs perfectly (unlike its owner)

daveslotus

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did you ask or get told how come it had averaged only 24 miles a week since new? Would have been far cheaper for the previous owner to have gone everywhere by taxi rather than suffer the depreciation, tax and insurance cost of a car that went nowhere.
Only just seen this....It was bought new by a disabled driver on the Motability scheme so imagine only very local use.

misterx

Reaction score
Always reassuring to get a plausible reason for a lower than expected mileage.

Fair play to the disabled driver for getting a decent motor, and just as well the disability didn't need a car with space for a wheelchair!

Hbom73

Reaction score
Hi all doesn’t look like anyone has posted on here for a while. It would be interesting to know what problems you’ve had on your RCZ with higher mileage. Also what is the highest recorded mileage that an RCZ has done? I’m on 180k on a 2011 2.0 HDi GT

Hbom73

Reaction score
I have seen a 1.6 ___156 with over 230k miles on the clock and still running on...

Wow now that’s impressive and good to know. Hoping to keep hold of mine as long as possible. You should aim to get yours in the Guinness book of records 😁

Hbom73

Reaction score
Wow now that’s impressive and good to know. Hoping to keep hold of mine as long as possible. You should aim to get yours in the Guinness book of records 😁

sorry thought you said it was yours

misterx

Reaction score
I would have a good shot at the record for total miles in RCZs, but only if you add the 120,000 I did in my first one to the 152,000 (so far) since I traded it in for my RCZ R. Total 272,000 and rising.

Ian J.

Reaction score
34k on a 2015 plate with 6 services
Service history is as important as the engine type .

Ian J.

Reaction score
I would have a good shot at the record for total miles in RCZs, but only if you add the 120,000 I did in my first one to the 152,000 (so far) since I traded it in for my RCZ R. Total 272,000 and rising.
That's pretty impressive I did 65k in the first one , 20k in the second and so far 5k in the present one so still many miles off your record.

Hbom73

Reaction score

I think it's got to be on just one 😉 but impressive all the same. Just wondered if you have had any problems with your dpf with the higher mileage?

misterx

Reaction score
'scuse my ignornace but the only abbreviation I recognise for dpf is diesel particulate filter but the car is petrol so that is not an issue for me.