What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Yorkshire Meet -Sunday 17th July *** CANCELLED ***

Which date do you prefer for Yorkshire Meet?

• Saturday 25th June

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sunday 26th June

• Saturday 2nd July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 9th July

• Sunday 10th July

• Saturday 16th July

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Sunday 17th July

• Saturday 23d July

• Sunday 24th July

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RCZ1

Reaction score
Poll now added. You can vote for up to 6 dates. Obviously the most popular date will be chosen (as long as the relevant places can be booked for these dates). We still need more interest to make it worthwhile. Please still continue to log your interest in this thread though so we can determine specific numbers.

We seem to have a lot of members in the Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and surrounding area (Barnsley, Sheffield, Nottingham, etc) so I thought why not have a Yorkshire Meet

This is to gauge interest to see how many people would be interested. I'm thinking it would be held towards the end of June, into July. I realise some people are going to be on holiday during this period but there is never going to be a time when everyone is available.

If anyone has any ideas about where it can be held or structure for the day then please post them in this thread. If anyone is also interested in helping to organise it then also please state.

As a starter, there is a pub quite local to me who regularly hold car meets and provide bacon butty's for breakfast.
We could meet there, eat and greet everyone (not literally) :D. Then drive in convoy to the Humber Bridge and gather in the main car park there to cause a stir :thumbup: Then continue on over the Bridge on to Normanby Hall on the other side of the bridge, to spend the rest of the day. It's a nice day out there and we could have a mega picnic :thumbup:
(I once watched hundreds of Minis drive across the Humber Bridge in convoy a few years back and it was a great sight and they went on to Normanby).

Obviously anyone who does not live in Yorkshire is welcome to join us, the more the merrier :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Re: Yorkshire Meet?

Sounds good to me. Never done ought similar, so it'll be an experience. But I won't have my new baby or my own plates on then. (no point putting plates onto to this for so short a period) But she's still a stunner and would contribute towards the "head turning"

A

Anonymous

being a yorkie-yellow belly im all for it bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

I am up for that but i am in leicestershire but if its on a weekend I can definitely make it

A

Anonymous

If its in June I may be able to make it, but my weekends are soon filling up, so an initial date would be great.

A

Anonymous

Hold the phone OO58RON...how did you get across the border from lancashire to York?....more to the question why?! hahaha!

A

Anonymous

I am up for any day so as long as it is a saturday.

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Hold the phone OO58RON...how did you get across the border from lancashire to York?....more to the question why?! hahaha!

Long story and I took the long route via Peterborough , Spalding, Northampton and Rugby! That's why all my cars must have a Satellite Navigation system! Geography is not my strong suit.

A

Anonymous

So many 13%'s how will RCZ1 determine the date? Come on you yorkies show a black pudding eater what a meet is all about!

RCZ1

Reaction score

Well guys, the closing date on the poll for the Yorkshire Meet has now passed. The date with most votes is the 25th June.
Rather embarrassingly I now cannot make the 25th June. The dates in July with 3 votes are ok for me apart from the last one. The other thing of course is that the numbers are very low. Would people still be interested in this? As far as I can gather there would be 3 of us - 0058RON, bee and I (RCZ1). If you are still interested then maybe we could meet up.
Let me know your thoughts and any ideas.

A

Anonymous

I'm still up for it. Would prefer a Sunday as after a long hard week at work, I like to have a lay in and a lazy day on a Saturday.

GT RCZ

Reaction score

:eek: That is disappointing, whats the point of having a poll if you don't go for the winner. do you work for the coalition government.

Why have excluded poor old me what have I done to be excluded?

Well I'm still up 4 meeting although I cannot do the 23rd. :beer:

Would still be good to meet up even if there is only 3 or 4 of us.

RCZ1

Reaction score

My apologies GT RCZ, I didn't mean to miss you out, the more the merrier.
Unfortunately I cannot make the most popular date and as I really would like to attend and it was my idea, don't I get the choice to suggest a date that I can make? Obviously if people are dead set on that date then I will just have to miss out on this one!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 not being at the Yorkshire meet that she is organising would be like a fruit cake without any fruit.

GT RCZ

Reaction score

Apology accepted.

By deduction it needs to be a Sunday, that leaves the 17th or the 24th.

I cannot make the 24th as its the MILs 70th birthday bash or I would have gone to Peug fest.

Can we all do the 17th?

The sooner a date is set the more will turn up.

RCZ1

Reaction score

The 17th is good for me. I think that date should be confirmed.

Now the other thing, if there is only going to be 4 of us, ( but we may get more) I think we should alter the layout of the day a bit. I don't think the pub down the road would be very chuffed only opening for breakfast sarnies for 4 cars!

There is a pub on the foreshore of the Humber Bridge (Hessle) where we could have lunch - food isn't bad. Do people still want to go to Normanby Hall ( the other side of the Bridge)? Or do you want to stay in the locality of the pub? Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. I don't want people saying / thinking I've forced them into something they didn't want to do.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Re: Yorkshire Meet -Sunday 17th July Confirmed

I'm interested, a bit of a drive but that is what I am buying the car for,to drive it.