What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Yorkshire Meet 2013 - Saturday 4th May - details updated

Which date(s) are best for you?

• Saturday 4th May (May Day Bank Holiday weekend)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 11th May

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Saturday 18th May

• Saturday 25th May (Whit Bank Holiday weekend)

• Any date

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Attendees list:

1. RCZ1 + 1 confirmed - Moroccan Red
2. 0058RON + 1 confirmed - Pearl White
3. Donna confirmed - Amber Red
4. Bownib + 1 confirmed - Nera Black
5. Opal White + 1 confirmed - Pearl White
6. daniellbee confirmed - Pearl White
7. hanswuk + 1confirmed - Dolphin Blue

So is this the final line up for Saturday? We are back down to the same number of cars as last year, only this time we have a few more colours :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Well...it's with a heavy heart, after much deliberation and a serious internal conflict that I am going to have to withdraw from this weekend's festivities. The cold hard truth of it is that I simply am not going to manage to sit for the length of time that is going to take me to travel this distance. I've tried a number of longer drives this last week to test things and I'm pretty much starting to be very uncomfortable after about 2.5 hours and in serous discomfort within the next hour. The journey is going to be at least double that...and then I have to get home the next day.

I would like nothing more than to be present this weekend and have held off as long as I can before making a final decision but, unfortunately, I'm kidding myself to think that I'll manage this year's big meet. :( :cry:

I'm feel terrible for letting everyone down, particularly the lovely Donna who I hope will still hold it down and represent Aberdeen. Lord knows she has enough personality for us both...in a good way!

What the??? So the Scottish contingent has (unsurprisingly) gone from three to me :cry: not got very long to reconsider my options :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
What the??? So the Scottish contingent has (unsurprisingly) gone from three to me :cry: not got very long to reconsider my options :thumbdown:

The Scottish Red, White & Blue contingent appears to have come apart Donna. You are the sole representative now. Did you say something way back about possibly stopping overnight on route at a mates house if you didn't travel down on the day in convoy? Too late to arrange?

I've saved some money anyways........................ I've cancelled the interpretor :beer:

A

Anonymous

Donna, I feel truly awful about it all! :( I hope that you'll still go! I haven't cancelled your room booking at The Moors for now until you know what you want to do. I can't express how sorry I am and how terrible I feel. If we go next year then your room is on me!!

Opal white

Reaction score
Shame we've lost a few numbers . . .

Never mind still plenty going, the current weather forecast in also indicating Saturday to be the best day of the weekend . . . Roll on :dance:

A

Anonymous

I'm sure it's going to be epic!!!! Donna, I really hope you'll still go on without me! If not then let me know so I can cancel your room. They're keen to resell it if it's not required and asked me to let them know ASAP. We could always have our own mini meet some time soon. There's more owners than ever round here now. Surely we can use our persuasive talents to make that happen?!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gadget and Mr Rizz, so sorry you cannot make it but totally understand your reasons. Donna I do hope you can make it for Scotland and be their sole representative. After all, he who has betrothed his affection, will be present;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Right, so we are going for the big last push for the Yorkshire Meet, which is just 2 days away.

It's not too late to get your name down and come along. The weather forecast is great for both Saturday and Sunday so a great day is going to be. Come along and put some faces to those user names and generally have a great time.

Details of the day:

Update : Details Confirmed As
Date -Saturday 4th May (May Day Bank Holiday weekend)

Meet Time - 2.00pm- 2.30pm

Location - The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge, North Yorkshire Moors
http://lionblakey.co.uk

Proposed schedule
Meet and greet at Lion Inn car park
Drive over the Moor in convoy (route to be confirmed)
Stop somewhere for a photo shoot (of cars)
Head back to the Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge for late lunch/early dinner at 4.30pm

A

Anonymous

Have a great time everyone. Wish I could be there!

Sent from my wireless telephonic device using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Right, so we are going for the big last push for the Yorkshire Meet, which is just 2 days away.

It's not too late to get your name down and come along. The weather forecast is great for both Saturday and Sunday so a great day is going to be. Come along and put some faces to those user names and generally have a great time.

Details of the day:

Update : Details Confirmed As
Date -Saturday 4th May (May Day Bank Holiday weekend)

Meet Time - 2.00pm- 2.30pm

Location - The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge, North Yorkshire Moors
http://lionblakey.co.uk

Proposed schedule
Meet and greet at Lion Inn car park
Drive over the Moor in convoy (route to be confirmed)
Stop somewhere for a photo shoot (of cars)
Head back to the Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge for late lunch/early dinner at 4.30pm

JUST putting a final call out on the RCZ Facebook page as well - ;-) So sorry we won't be there - I've got to sell cakes (long story!!) and I know where I'd much rather be ;-) Have loads of fun, take loads of pictures and I'll get an album together to put on FB afterwards....

Liz :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Have fun everyone. Looking forward to the pictures. I am even envious of the people who are lucky enough to see your convoy. :beer:

A

Anonymous

MBJ said:
Have fun everyone. Looking forward to the pictures. I am even envious of the people who are lucky enough to see your convoy. :beer:
If only we still had the original 11 cars attending then it would have been an even more impressive spectacle. I'm so looking forward to it, as well as a break from all of the crap that bedevils me at the moment :evil:

A

Anonymous

I was ment to be detailing my car today but ended up test driving a 208 gti and a new RCZ 200
Cancelled to 48 hour test drive I was planning to pull up in the new one! ;)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit late but here are 2 suggested routes for a drive.

First from Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge to Bransdale

There are some good points to stop and take photos. Very photogenic area.

The 2nd route suggestion is
Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge to Scaling Dam.
They have their own car park.

If anyone else has any suggestion, please feel free to put them forward.

A

Anonymous

Sorry RCZ1. I haven't a clue what it is that I'm looking at here, but I suspect others have seen this kind of mapping and will understand it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron, it's Google Maps.

Go onto Google, select Maps and put in the Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge to Bransdale, you should get the first map.

Then try Lion Inn again to finish at Scaling Dam. The second map.

Your Sat Nav may give you the same route or something similar.

A

Anonymous

Just want to wish you all a great day tomorrow. Drive safe and enjoy.:grin:

A

Anonymous

Have a blast guys, I'll be thinking about you all! Try and photshop me in somwehere :)

Opal white

Reaction score
Both routes sound good to me, a big thanks to Kerry for all the organising (& everyone else who has assisted) :clap:

See you all tomorrow at Blakey

Roll on some nice weather . . . . :dance:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Have a blast guys, I'll be thinking about you all! Try and photshop me in somwehere :)
Have I missed something Donna?