What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Window Tints

A

Anonymous

nenna said:
..just my 5c (tints).

*Windows 35%

*Tail-/frontlights Lamin-X "Tint"
*Foglights Lamin-X "Yellow"

Evil looking rcz :cool: you have there :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thought that you would like it jassy. Each to their own and all that

RCZ1

Reaction score
I know Nenna is from Finland but thought I should point this out to forum members. I've read in my local newspaper and heard the police on the radio saying that they are carrying out checks on cars during January. It's to ensure cars are safe for driving especially during the winter weather, tyres, windscreens, wipers, lights, etc. But the other thing they are also looking at is window tints - which they say should let in at least 75% of light.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I know Nenna is from Finland but thought I should point this out to forum members. I've read in my local newspaper and heard the police on the radio saying that they are carrying out checks on cars during January. It's to ensure cars are safe for driving especially during the winter weather, tyres, windscreens, wipers, lights, etc. But the other thing they are also looking at is window tints - which they say should let in at least 75% of light.

mines aint that dark believe or not and within legal limits and also i am driving her indoors corsa diesel for the next wee while to save on mileage of the rcz its only 4k miles 7 months old and in this shity winter weather up here in glasgow it justs ruins your car and also i am contacting the leasing company soon to end THIS lease of THIS rcz ;) ;) MAYBE i will get my asphalt RCZ1 or move to Audi??? depends on the deal on the asphalt if there is a excess of them then they discount the lease deal but as it stands the asphalt is the same price to lease as the New facelifted A5 coupe 2.0 TFSI s line :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
.....and in this sh*tty winter weather up here in glasgow it justs ruins your car

I never fathom why anyone north of Newcastle would ever purchase a new, decent and expensive car.
As you so eloquently put it, the weather is "nae" too good up that way :eusa-think:

jassyo06 said:
.....or move to Audi ???
You know it makes sense ;)

With all the "mods" you've put on your car, will the leasing company take it back as is or will they make you remove everything and put it back to the standard ??

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
jassyo06 said:
.....and in this sh*tty winter weather up here in glasgow it justs ruins your car

I never fathom why anyone north of Newcastle would ever purchase a new, decent and expensive car.
As you so eloquently put it, the weather is "nae" too good up that way :eusa-think:

jassyo06 said:
.....or move to Audi ???
You know it makes sense ;)

With all the "mods" you've put on your car, will the leasing company take it back as is or will they make you remove everything and put it back to the standard ??

Gorwell the roads are normally gritted up here from october to the beginning of march :x its rained/Hurricanes :shock: every day since the 1st of december so the gritters have almost been idol ;) :lol: as for the mods these are just bulbs really and i will put back the originals they can keep the alcantara wheel and window tints well its very subtle so hopefully get away with that :lol: The mrs likes the audi i love the facelifted version especially them led drls :cool: and the 2.0 tfsi is great engine 211bhp i think enough for me

A

Anonymous

Pah!!!

Tried to book mine in for a tinter session but they took a reading and said I was pretty much at the legal level already 74 on the light meter thingy, so they said they would not do it!!!!

Woe is me!

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman said:
Pah!!!

Tried to book mine in for a tinter session but they took a reading and said I was pretty much at the legal level already 74 on the light meter thingy, so they said they would not do it!!!!

Woe is me!

Try another company dave ;) it will look far better on them fabulous photos you take :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman said:
Pah!!!

Woe is me!
Money saved :thumbup: Result :beer: So what will that hard earned cash be put now :?:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Damnfoolman said:
Pah!!!

Woe is me!

Try another company dave ;) it will look far better on them fabulous photos you take :thumbup:

Hmmmm Do they still deliver the old Squawking Rages? Or do I just do more Tinterweb searching!

A

Anonymous

have you had any trouble with these tints? as by law your supposed to let 80% of light through the front windows, in the UK anyway

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
NinoMatarazzo said:
have you had any trouble with these tints? as by law your supposed to let 80% of light through the front windows, in the UK anyway

Its 75% of light, not 80%.

okay, i thought it was 80, but still, 75 for windscreen and 70 for the side windows "http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_181016" still doesnt leave alot of room for tinting, so was just wondering, but thats for the informative response to my question...

A

Anonymous

i think my fronts/side windows are 70% down by 5% i can live with that :thumbup: it dont take much extra tint for the windows to look really dark on a white RCZ as the rear screen is 35% which adds to the over all effect and makes the side windows appear darker than they actually are :cool: I have had this 70% tint done on my last 3 cars with no problems what so ever.it makes my rcz more individual looking and also better/whiter looking :lol: