What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Who's On Line ?

A

Anonymous

My mother always told me I would be famouse one day. Or was it infamouse :p

A

Anonymous

TomC said:
jactac said:
Tom,
Why can we see a Bot "Reading Private Message" if the Bot cannot access it ?

This forum only allows registered members to see any postings, so those 'Bots' must be registered users to read it.

To get those bot-users out of 'normal' user-statistics the forum software has this users built-in. That's why you see their names, but cannot click on them.
And, you probably guessed it, they are able to access the link to read their own(!) private messages. That's what you noticed.

So these Bots are humans pretending to be a robot :crazy:
This place is getting freaky. Give me a sheep any day. :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
TomC said:
jactac said:
Tom,
Why can we see a Bot "Reading Private Message" if the Bot cannot access it ?

This forum only allows registered members to see any postings, so those 'Bots' must be registered users to read it.

To get those bot-users out of 'normal' user-statistics the forum software has this users built-in. That's why you see their names, but cannot click on them.
And, you probably guessed it, they are able to access the link to read their own(!) private messages. That's what you noticed.

So these Bots are humans pretending to be a robot :crazy:
This place is getting freaky. Give me a sheep any day. :lol:

No they are computer programmes sometimes called spiders google uses them for site statistics and analytics.... This enables the site owner to know how popular certain pages are on the website. The bots don't read messages just pages visited and features used.

Some bots are more interactive in chat rooms they will post messages with links to other sites or products the more advanced ones will pm you.

You may have noticed some that have posted on here a while back but thanks to our moderators they seem to have stopped :)

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

I do miss the opportunity to buy discounted genuine Gucci handbags directly from the forum :(

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
I do miss the opportunity to buy discounted genuine Gucci handbags directly from the forum :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol: and the odd discounted NFL shirt...?

A

Anonymous

So then,
Can we assume our mail is safe from anyone other than who it is intended for :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
So then,
Can we assume our mail is safe from anyone other than who it is intended for :eusa-think:

"• Personal Messages (PMs) are just that. Please only publish these if all parties agree."

Extracted from the site rules :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
jactac said:
So then,

jactac, are you worried about something.....?[/quote]

I'm assuming that he is beginning to be concerned that our affair will become common knowledge :lol: He tries to make out that sheep are his only love interest, but if his PMs were to be viewed......................... :roll:

A

Anonymous

It's actually just the pictures I sent of myself. It's ok though...I'll share them...

I feel better now I've shared. No saving me as your screensavers now! Mrs Rizzo wouldn't approve.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
It's actually just the pictures I sent of myself. It's ok though...I'll share them...

I feel better now I've shared.
jactac said:
Dolly has scuppered all of my chances of true love with you, I'm distraught at the thought of never being able to express myself publicly, whilst at the same time fear that my messages are be intercepted by Derek

Your wrong Rizzo. I can prove to you what his fears are :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well now I just feel foolish for sharing intimate pictures of myself.

...mind you...it's neither the first time nor will it be the last time. :lol::lol::lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
hanswuk said:
jactac said:
So then,

jactac, are you worried about something.....?

I'm assuming that he is beginning to be concerned that our affair will become common knowledge :lol: He tries to make out that sheep are his only love interest, but if his PMs were to be viewed......................... :roll:[/quote]

:lol: :clap:
Ron you wouldnt be able to handle an affair with a rampant taff. :lol:

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The forum software platform that this site is build on identifies popular search engine crawlers (which are a kind of "bot"). The forum software allows these bits to reach certain HTML addresses and the content contained therein.

This process is what allows search engines to index the site and allows users to find us when they search on Google, Bing etc n

Every page on this site, including the private messages page has an HTML address so when a web crawler is indexing that page the forum software reports it as if it were a user. This is why you're seeing googlebot is reading private messages. However this site is built on PHP which renders the HTML content. In other words the forum will show "googlebot is viewing private messages" meaning "USERNAME is viewing their own messages" but in truth what is actually happening is "Googlebot is indexing a blank page called private-messages.html with no content in it because Googlebot is a search engine crawler and has private messages switched off, so the forum is not displaying any content to that user".

I'm a simplifying a bit but you get the jist.

A

Anonymous

Swhat I said but you went into far more detail thanks

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

Evil Derboy said:
The forum software platform that this site is build on identifies popular search engine crawlers (which are a kind of "bot"). The forum software allows these bits to reach certain HTML addresses and the content contained therein.

This process is what allows search engines to index the site and allows users to find us when they search on Google, Bing etc n

Every page on this site, including the private messages page has an HTML address so when a web crawler is indexing that page the forum software reports it as if it were a user. This is why you're seeing googlebot is reading private messages. However this site is built on PHP which renders the HTML content. In other words the forum will show "googlebot is viewing private messages" meaning "USERNAME is viewing their own messages" but in truth what is actually happening is "Googlebot is indexing a blank page called private-messages.html with no content in it because Googlebot is a search engine crawler and has private messages switched off, so the forum is not displaying any content to that user".

I'm a simplifying a bit but you get the jist.
I would love to claim to understand that. However anybody that knows me would know that to be a lie :lol: Hope you got your answer jactac :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

yep makes total sense to :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: