What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which White?

A

Anonymous

Does the pearl enhance or 'hide' the lines of the car?
Same question about the solid

A

Anonymous

Solid colour = Solid defined lines, I rest my case. :clap:
And when it's waxed and gleaming it looks top drawer.
The blacks on the grills, mirrors, tyres ect stand out more too. :dance: :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
The pearl only serves to enhance every little curve. With the shimmering paint it is actually a sight to behold.

A colleague was following me for part of my journey home, one night last week. The following day she commented on how the paint was really glistening in the late afternoon sun and how it really stood out

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The pearl only serves to enhance every little curve. With the shimmering paint it is actually a sight to behold.

A colleague was following me for part of my journey home, one night last week. The following day she commented on how the paint was really glistening in the late afternoon sun and how it really stood out

Then she glimpsed an Opal going in the other direction and spun round to follow, all drooling and giggly like a luv struck teenager......... :lol:

A

Anonymous

I have to say folks the car honestly looks fantastic in every colour! I've never come across a car that suits all of it's colour options! I wasn't sure about Dolphin and Mercury but then saw them in the flesh and wow they both look stunning!! I'm still deciding on what colour to go for and it changes every single day!!!!

A

Anonymous

First let me say I don't have a Pearl White car, but I have chosen other colours in previous cars because they had the same properties.

Opel white is fine if your car is slab sided as it doesnt enhance the shape. All panels will look the same white colour and the rear guards and the curves around the bumpers won't be as obvious as the light will reflect the same white no matter what the direction of the light source.

With Pearl white any change in the angle of the reflected light will show a slightly different shade which enhances the curves and shows of the shape better. Even subtle changes in surface shape stand out and when the optimum light angle is reached the paint glistens as if it's lit from within.

I've found Peugeot, Subaru and Lexus seem to have the best Pearl paint as it's a bit deeper and has better reflective properties.

In reality you need to actually see the paint on the car to see whether the light reflections highlight the car as you want it to. However in my experience I haven't seen a car that didn't look good with a decent Pearl paint.

Check out the car care section. RCZ1 has some excellent photos of her Pearl RCZ that highlight the reflective properties.

Cheers

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

:crazy: Opal for smaller cars and Pearl for larger 508, just my opinion :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I couldn't decide between the 2 whites either. I ended up ordering the Pearl and im sooo glad I did. It's just got the edge on the opal white in my opinion something very classy and expensive about it but that could be the £600 price tag :lol:

A

Anonymous

Sorry but i'm looking for a clean bright, crisp white, and in my opinion Pearl just does not stand out , it's a bit "milky". Pearl owners will disagree and Opal owners will agree.
So this could go on forever, therefor please lock this thread up now. :(

A

Anonymous

This country was built on "free speech" and opinions. So yes i think Pearl is a bit "milky" , you think otherwise, happy days .
look at this mans teeth :D they are a bright white, and look great, if they were Pearl white they would not be great teeth, in fact the chap would probably be looking to use a whitener :lol:
Now i have lost plot. :wtf:

A

Anonymous

JOAKES said:
this is just too controversial. :roll:

It's not controversial, it's just proud owners defending their choice of colour, trim, engine size ect ect.
You will get this on any forum if you ask a question where the answer will be based on a personal opinion.

Best thing to do is go to a dealer that has both coulour's and take it from there.
Everyones own opinion is just that, their own opinion.

For future reference this site is great for practical advice or if you have a technical problem /query or anything else to do with Peugeot and the RCZ, but just dont ask "what colour is best"
:lol:

A

Anonymous

This might cause a stir.........

Opal is more for a guy as the Pearl White looks like a nail varnish:)

Did I hear someone say..."fight fight fight".

Only kidding though:)

A

Anonymous

Milner62 said:
This might cause a stir.........

Opal is more for a guy as the Pearl White looks like a nail varnish:)

Did I hear someone say..."fight fight fight".

Only kidding though:)

OMG Dont start this again.
I'm not getting involved, only to say that those descriptions are very well described. :clap: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Which is better Pearl White or Opal White?...well I like Pearl white but then...also like Opal White....There's only one way to find out....FIIIIIGGGGHTT!

A

Anonymous

bokepacha said:
Paul Bannister said:
Pearl every time
THIS

Pearls looks way too nice when the sun is up
Even on a cloudy day lines are picked up!! And with black 19inch aloys and cf mirrors and roof it works well!!

Attachments

• P1010253.JPG
    P1010253.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 662