What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Which White?

A

Anonymous

What are the differences between the solid and pearl white?
Cheers

A

Anonymous

Solid white (Opal) is more of a "brilliant brighter white" , Pearl is ever so slightly off white with a metalic look to it. thats the best way i can describe it really. :eusa-think:

Oh and about £600 extra for Pearl .

A

Anonymous

Cheers, just trying to decide what will look better on a 508 :)

A

Anonymous

My personal opinion is that the solid Opal white gives a crisper cleaner look than the Pearl white, Ford do a simular white the to Peugeot Opal white and it looks great on their cars too..

RCZ1

Reaction score
Opal white is a "solid colour" - one stage paint.

Pearl white is pearlescent or you may understand it better as "metallic" - in that it has a flake in the paint - it's a three stage paint.

Opal white is a brighter white but pearl white has more depth to it, in my opinion and shimmers in the sun or under lights.
It's really beautiful :thumbup:

HelsBels

Reaction score
Opal for me - pure and crisp (that's why I'm struggling to replace my car - plenty of pearl whites readily available in the 2.0 diesel GT, but not opal!!!!)

:crazy:

A

Anonymous

Mlbblue said:
Hmmmm... but amber red is the far superior colour...
How wrong can you be?

Pearl White is the colour to have on a RCZ. It enhances and highlights the natural and beautiful design!!!!

No apologies offered for stating this fact.

Ron

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Ditto, ditto and ditto again.

Pearl White all the way.

A

Anonymous

Black is the definitive colour for the RCZ...now lock this thread as more posts are futile! :lol:

A

Anonymous

At least we can agree on the important stuff.. the RCZ is a wonderful car!

A

Anonymous

The pearl white also has a mother of pearl kind of look to it under bright sunlight........that kind of hint of pinks and golds. Chuffing great it is and I loves it..........Oh and by the way Amber red isnt really red is it? :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I just knew this was going places...... :lol:

Thing is though, the fella will obviously decide himself what colour is best, whether it be Pearl, Opal, Amber or Black ect ect ...
But we all know he will end up with an Opal white 508, cos it's pure, clean and crisp........simple. :clap: :dance: :thumbup: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
But why go with the norm? Go for something a little different. You don't get many pearl whites in any marque of car but there are lots of flat, solid whites everywhere :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
But why go with the norm? Go for something a little different. You don't get many pearl whites in any marque of car but there are lots of flat, solid whites everywhere :thumbup:

Lots of solid white, because it's simply the favourite colour. ;)