What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Whats the best Quad Exhaust

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this forum and pick up my first RCZ tomorrow.

2012 HDI Nera black with all the toys: sat nav, xenon lights etc. also had the dealer paint the wheels gloss black for me.

First thing I want to do is sort the exhaust by fitting a quad system. It would appear the official quad as per the Feline pack is purely cosmetic. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why pay £400 for that when another £100 or so will get you one with improved performance and sound.

So my question to the learned on here is which is the best in respect to quality, sound and performance gains at a reasonable price ????

Cheers :beer:

A

Anonymous

Jimbrodie1 said:
It would appear the official quad as per the Feline pack is purely cosmetic. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why pay £400 for that when another £100 or so will get you one with improved performance and sound.

The Feline Quads were as you state. An official Peugeot optional extra. It no longer sells them as it was a limited offer. At the time they were an additional £650 fitted.

The reason that they sold out so fast was they they were "official" and thus did not effect warranty or insurance. Two great reasons for opting for them. When you've spent £32K on a car, you do not want any warranty problems as a result of additional non conforming parts. Some people like the aesthetics of the quads, but have no desire to hear them or make an already fast car quicker. The Corsa kids have that box ticked off already.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Jimbrodie1 said:
It would appear the official quad as per the Feline pack is purely cosmetic. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why pay £400 for that when another £100 or so will get you one with improved performance and sound.

The Feline Quads were as you state. An official Peugeot optional extra. It no longer sells them as it was a limited offer. At the time they were an additional £650 fitted.

The reason that they sold out so fast was they they were "official" and thus did not effect warranty or insurance. Two great reasons for opting for them. When you've spent £32K on a car, you do not want any warranty problems as a result of additional non conforming parts. Some people like the aesthetics of the quads, but have no desire to hear them or make an already fast car quicker. The Corsa kids have that box ticked off already.

Spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Yeh I'm torn between the "Rolled" the RSII AND THE RSIII.

I hear what your saying OO58RON I Personally think the RCZ should sound a good as it looks and with the std exhaust I'm afraid it just doesn't :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Jimbrodie1 said:
Yeh I'm torn between the "Rolled" the RSII AND THE RSIII.

I hear what your saying OO58RON I Personally think the RCZ should sound a good as it looks and with the std exhaust I'm afraid it just doesn't :eusa-think:

When you are ready we look forward to your order :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
andy_350z said:
Rcz can they be fitted by you

Sorry we no longer offer installation. But there are some great people out there that can easily install the system, just got to ask around. A muffler shop would definitely be able to do the install.

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
RCZ-Performance said:
When you are ready we look forward to your order :thumbup:
[/quote]

Arrrrrrrgh just seen your in Banbury. I collected my RCZ today from Peugeot Banbury (travelled down from Derby) so could have called in :wave:

DanRo

Reaction score
I have installed a complete exhaust systeem from Rüffer Performance. But dont buy te CAT from them, they buy it from HJS in Germany and re-sale it. If you buy direct from HJS is cheaper for the exact same thing.

But a have choosen the single version.

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Fantastic looking car there Dan.

Of course it's a personal thing but I prefer the quad tail pipes look. I think the 4 smaller pipes are better suited to the finesse type look of the car, where as the 2 single pipes look more aggressive. I guess it's depends on what look your trying to achieve.

Love the wheels :thumbup:

DanRo

Reaction score
.Yes two single pipes are more agressive, but with the 20" wheels and 265 width tyres in the rear the go well together.
But this is the look i wanted, plus in mine opinion you see to much quad pipes.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Jimbrodie1 said:
OK i have finally decided to go for this one ........

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Ruffer-R ... 4E1232.htm

I hint they look more OEM / Standard as I don't want to risk a boy racer look. Plus some 15mm wheel spacers for the rear.

Next question is will I need a re-map and would a K&N make much difference :eusa-think:

Thank you again for your order. I will keep you posted on delivery dates, I should have the exhaust by next Monday and the spacers and bolts by the end of next week, but will confirm with you when I have everything.

The remap will make a difference with the exhaust and adding the K&N filter. We can get you the filter as well ;)

Jimbrodie1

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

I had one dealer tell me that adding the exhaust may trigger an engine check light, have you heard of this happening with the Ruffer ?

However he was trying to sell me the Feline pipes so obviously may well have had an ulteria motive :eusa-think: