What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

what's happened?

A

Anonymous

Seen a few subtle changes to the forum today.... a new 'button' for new posts and a wee mobly thing.....

so why does the forum only fill up half my ipad screen tonight? Something changed to the formatting? Anyone else noticed the same. Okay on the PC though. Pain in the hoop.......

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Seen a few subtle changes to the forum today.... a new 'button' for new posts and a wee mobly thing.....

so why does the forum only fill up half my ipad screen tonight? Something changed to the formatting? Anyone else noticed the same. Okay on the PC though. Pain in the hoop.......
You didn't mention the adverts all over the place :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

mmmmmm they're a pain in the wotsit aswell :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Derek has done a mobile update. This is aimed at those who view on their mobile /tablet devices. You might want to try it that way Donna.

I use Tapatalk so don't get any of the adverts.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Donna - Not sure why the forum is behaving like that. I've just had a look on the iPad and mine is doing the same thing. I'll investigate and get it fixed. Leave it with me.

Ron - the site costs money and as the user numbers and visitors to the site increases so does the cost. Advertising is a way to recoup that. There's only one advert on each forum page. I've deliberately made sure that the ads aren't too obtrusive with only one ad after the first post in a topic and one at the bottom of the index or search along with some unobtrusive text links at the top of the index page, so I think "all over the place" is a bit unfair...

A

Anonymous

Evil Derboy said:
Ron - the site costs money and as the user numbers and visitors to the site increases so does the cost. Advertising is a way to recoup that. There's only one advert on each forum page. I've deliberately made sure that the ads aren't too obtrusive with only one ad after the first post in a topic and one at the bottom of the index or search along with some unobtrusive text links at the top of the index page, so I think "all over the place" is a bit unfair...

Must just seems like everywhere cos it's so damn intrusive and horrible :thumbdown: However I now know that I can get 25% off of a new SKoda. You learn something every day and I really did need to know that :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I don't think the ads are that intrusive RON.

One under the logo, a banner and one at the bottom. Like Derek said, hosting a site costs money. The options I see are have it free and have a few ads, or have an option to become a paid member and have no ads.

They're just my thoughts on it.

A

Anonymous

How much is the hosting? Maybe we can have a fund raiser (read donation) to see if we cant all pitch in a bit via paypal to keep the site ad free?

A

Anonymous

Other forums I've been members off charged a nominal nembership ....say £5 ...... which allowed to to a kinda inner sanctum that non-payers couldn't access :)

frankvdb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Evil Derboy said:

Must just seems like everywhere cos it's so damn intrusive and horrible :thumbdown: However I now know that I can get 25% off of a new SKoda. You learn something every day and I really did need to know that :thumbdown:

I use an ad-blocker and it works well.

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
OO58RON said:
Evil Derboy said:

I use an ad-blocker and it works well.
Same here. Additionally I use a tracking blocker in Google Chrome, Ghostery it's called, so websites I go to aren't logged (oh my, that's nowhere near as bad as it sounds lol!) and can't then be used to feed the ad companies ability to target ads.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I personally am not a big fan of tiering membership on a fee paying basis. It adds an element of elitism to a forum and creates a "haves" and "have nots culture".

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I personally am not a big fan of tiering membership on a fee paying basis. It adds an element of elitism to a forum and creates a "haves" and "have nots culture".

Do the mods not have a section where you can chat and talk about whats happening on the forum?

A

Anonymous

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking or suggesting here Max?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:

I am asking if there isnt a mod section restricted to mod discussions only?

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mrizzle said:

Neither am I and I can guarantee that this will never happen on this forum.

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:

Max, yes there is a moderator area that we use for testing stuff and for private discussions in relation to the running of the site.

A

Anonymous

Evil Derboy said:
MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:

Max, yes there is a moderator area that we use for testing stuff and for private discussions in relation to the running of the site.

Thanks for the feedback. What do you think of the idea about donations from the members to keep the ads away?