What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What type of central locking does the RCZ use?

TRCZ

Reaction score
Feels rather like the wiring on the RCZ is a well kept secret, never known it so hard to get the right information.

Basically my car didn't come with remote keys, it just had one chipped normal key. I'd already got a universal central locking kit that I can fit but there seems to be very little information available about how the central locking works on the RCZ. Does anyone know what type of locking it uses, as I need this to determine how to wire it. So is it?:

- Negative Locking
- Positive Locking
- Single point locking
- Vacuum locking
- Actuator Interrupt
- Negative locking with comfort closing
- Positive locking with comfort closing
- Single wire, negative to unlock, interrupted to lock
- Single wire, negative to lock, interrupted to unlock
- Central locking control resistive negative
- Central locking control resistive negative lock only
- Central locking control resistive negative unlock only
- Central locking control actuator switch interrupt
- Central locking control negative unlock, Input switched interrupt to lock

Answers on a postcard!

I really don't see why it should be so hard to find things out about these cars, there's virtually nothing on the internet. Maybe I need to join more forums.....

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I'll take a semi educated guess - The RCZ is a 308. So it probably has whatever central locking the 308 has.

TRCZ

Reaction score
It's been through some action, so I thought I'd fit a remote central locking set to sort it out. I just cannot find anything about how they're wired anywhere. I've even got a Haynes manual for a 308, as there doesn't seem to be a specific one for the RCZ with wiring diagrams, and it doesn't even show the wiring for the central locking in that. Is it a closely guarded secret, seems pretty daft to me. In the end I'll probably just end up splicing wires until I find the right combination, but it's a complete pain in the neck.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have any owners books? There key code is usually in that and you could order a remote key

2retro

Reaction score
I'm sure there is a process (detailed in the Owners Manual so you can find it online) where you can recode a fob to your car. It's something like turn key to first position and hold button down on fob for 10 seconds...

Pedro

Reaction score
They apparently don't issue any info on the Central locking alarm system me & my youngest son virtually stripped his BMW tourer to the rivets to find a door locking fault asked a local dealer where his mate worked for any in info & all he said was it would need to be booked in as that was the only way to reset the system from their computers :rolleyes:

TRCZ

Reaction score
Gave up on it in the end and got someone to make me a remote key. Blimey, trying to find wiring for these cars is like trying to find the Loch Ness Monster, just more difficult!

TRCZ

Reaction score
Tell me about it! I've had a lot of cars and never had this sort of faffing around trying to find out information about it. Still have problems as I somehow need to find out why my rear spoiler has stopped working. I might just take on an easier challenge, like finding the meaning of life!