What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What model is best, as investment

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
After a Rcz but need advice on the model thats best to buy as want this as an investment. I drive a 308cc and love it, but the RCZ is a car to be admired, we was going to buy one 5 years ago, but they was too hard to get at the time and ones that did pop up looked worn.....

lfe

Reaction score
For me, anyone with a petrol engine, full equipment, that is, with leather seats, navigator, 19" rims and most important: full original.

Claret63

Reaction score
Great cars, but they will never be a good investment in my opinion, buy one and simply enjoy, you will never make any money on any RCZ sadly.

lfe

Reaction score
In the EU countries it seems they are sold at a higher price than in the UK, here in Spain it can be worth between 12 and 14K euros... but here nobody wants right-hand drive cars

Claret63

Reaction score
In the EU countries it seems they are sold at a higher price than in the UK, here in Spain it can be worth between 12 and 14K euros... but here nobody wants right-hand drive cars
Exactly a left hooker has more potential to make money, there is a hatred for French cars in the UK (badge snobs) and simple ignorance sadly, so as said not a good investment to make money here.

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely going to buy one, we love the look of our 308cc it always makes us smile so having an RCZ on the drive as well will be great, but and the big but what model, our 308cc is Hdi 2litre.

Claret63

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely going to buy one, we love the look of our 308cc it always makes us smile so having an RCZ on the drive as well will be great, but and the big but what model, our 308cc is Hdi 2litre.
The HDI engine is superb, my wife had one before it got written off, we couldn’t find another good one so we bought the Audi TT TDI, it’s not a patch engine wise on the HDI, there is of course the R model which we still have, but that doesn’t suit all.

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Well I have time to windowshop as waiting for a payout, so no rush.....they are lovely looking cars so how can they not go up in price,its that or invest in whisky....

Kerr

Reaction score
The R is the one with potential for longer-term investment. You'll need to find a good one and not overpay for it just now.

Some of the repairs required could eat all of the appreciation in value.

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Thank you for you advice, I know from our car it has had issues with electrics, and needs rear coolers possibly next mot....

Claret63

Reaction score
Good luck with your search, be patient and buy the best you can get.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Hdi RCZ and the wife's has a RCZ Hdi and not had any issues apart from a coil spring... Both fully loaded... But if you are going to look for something to invest in the rcz R might be the one for you but service history and low mileage is the key.. DSC_7355.JPGDSC_9004.JPGhappy hunting
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀 les and kaz and Co

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input, and advice really appreciate it. I will keep on looking out for the right one.

Flanners

Reaction score
Good time to start looking,

Lot's of cars/motorcycles on FB Groups/Classifieds are now cropping up....seems early in the 'season' to me (and many appear to be selling to get rid not to buy something else); not many willing purchasers around either it seems. Guess cost of living/mortgage fiasco is not helping some people's finances.....doesn't help that the Summer Holidays have been basically crap weather. ULEZ extension has created some demand for compliant vans and cars, motorcyles....and non compliant vehicles being off-loaded.

Investment......not unless you buy a true minter don't drive it, stash it away for the next 30yrs odd....maybe. Get a decent R when the prices fall over Winter and you will have a rare fun car that should appreciate and allow you not to lose any money on the purchase price; may even gain some. If you want an 'investment' I would be looking elsewhere.......

Looked on AT.....£11.5K for a 60K mile example......up to £16.75K for a low mile trade car. A Peugeot Main Dealer selling one.....'Introducing the remarkable Peugeot RCZ R 2015 - where exhilarating performance meets timeless elegance. This stunning sports coupé is a masterpiece of automotive engineering, designed to captivate your senses and redefine your driving experience., At first glance, the Peugeot RCZ R 2015 demands...........' wow waxing lyrical for the Trade!

Last edited:

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Well think a 205 like that would be a find for anyone, again thanks for the help and information, I'm certainly taking it on board as the more I think about getting one the more it will happen. I got time too look around....

apple3337

Reaction score
Another vote for the R version. Probably won't make a profit, but you won't lose much either and you get to enjoy a great car.

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
Well what model I get depends on finances but I'm going to be happy window shopping

Ouzothecat01

Reaction score
So after a lot of swatting up a R is definitely the car I'm going to go for, but it's still going to be a while....but I can do plenty of investigation work on the cars....