What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What is your other drive?

Hatman

Reaction score
Caddy mostly, Sometimes:: A55 pick up, CA Van, CF2, HA Van/pick up... New~Classic

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Mini Cooper S, vivaro van, suzuki Gsxr 600 when I get time :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
My main drive is a Nissan Leaf, then the RCZ R for nice days and does it count that I've got a Suzuki Katana 750ES hidden in the back of my garage.... ( 1 of only 70 brought into the country from Japan )
Tada....

Nice eh? ( man standing blowing his own trumpet !! ) can't help it I lurve it.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
^ I love old school Japanese bikes! :greetings-wavingblue: I'm a biker myself but currently no 2wheels available.

renegade79

Reaction score
Hyundai i40 estate :thumbdown: , Ford Transit LWB, Ford Ranger 2.2D or the wife's 2008 GT line.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Plecodoras said:
RCZIain said:
A 45hp, diesel, Komatsu forklift truck.

LOL :thumbup:

Does good wheel spins.

Not that I ever do that Mr Work Boss.

Ahem.

I had a bad experience with a forklift....

When I was an apprentice some one thought it a good laugh to swap over the caps to the fuel and hydraulics, then they told me to go fill up the forklift, yes I did, I filled the hydraulics with diesel. I got a massive b*llocking but so did the foreman for not controlling his staff ! :D

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Until premature retirement, my other drive was a 12.5 tonne Mercedes Fire Engine.
The handling was probably about as good as its acceleration, it was also occasionally embarrassing when attending incidents on the motorway, travelling with blue lights and two tones on, but being overtaken by almost everything else On the motorway.

It met it’s demise on the occasion of my enforced retirement, when it overturned and fell 6 feet into a field on its roof while responding to a 999 call. (That particular vehicle cost £280000 and was 3 weeks old at the time). We were told had it been our previous older Fire Engine, we would probably have all been killed :shock:

Sadly, I wasn’t driving that night, otherwise it wouldn't have ended up in the field, and my neck would have stayed intact :eusa-whistle:

Stu8

Reaction score
My first love good times ..

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

renegade79

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
I’ll bet that’s a hoot! About 20 years ago the boss in factory where i worked thought it would be funny to get the young lad (me) to stand on one fork and another young lad to stand on the other fork and then they elevated both forks up as high as they could go!! This was outside and as the forks were nearing the top they came to a stop with a judder. I had to hold on for dear life. This was not a pleasant experience for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
RCZIain said:
I’ll bet that’s a hoot! About 20 years ago the boss in factory where i worked thought it would be funny to get the young lad (me) to stand on one fork and another young lad to stand on the other fork and then they elevated both forks up as high as they could go!! This was outside and as the forks were nearing the top they came to a stop with a judder. I had to hold on for dear life. This was not a pleasant experience for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not turning this into a forklift thread but.....

At the same place I put diesel in the hydraulics, we ( the company ) had an order for a huge cylindrical storage tank, it was massive and we did an brilliant job manufacturing it, until we came to get it out....
Turns out whomever quoted for it and decided we could fabricate it inside the factory, didn't account for having to lift it with fork lifts either end, thus lifting it off the floor making it higher than the 30ft doors / roof opening !!
Easy fix - cut out above the doors and weld it all back when we got the cylinder out !!
Those were the days - 80's.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Fork lift anecdotes I can do; are you surprised?

When I was in the print, we had a huge community press that could churn out newspapers or sections for binding at an alarming rate.
To feed this multi-unit beast the drivers of the fork lifts were amazing guys.
They collected huge reels of paper with their trucks and loaded them directly on the press.
The front forks were actually replaced with a grab mechanism that could hold a roll and rotate it and position it with accuracy.
So whizzing from the paper store, where tons of paper reels were stacked, they would seem to go right into the press and next minute the press was rolling and newspapers churning out.

In a telecomms telephone exchange manufacturer, racks were assembled as complete for installation.
They were slid on air cushions, like mini hovercraft, through the factory to where a large lorry awaited.
The coordination of two guys driving fork lifts would daintily load this huge piece of electronics onto the wagon and off it would go.
At the exchange or testing lab, either fork lifts or a crane would put this complete part of an exchange in its intended destination with absolute precision.

Just to throw a joker in - a research and development place I worked was on a fancy science park.
We had a delivery of some very large kit.
Driver said, "where is your fork lift, guys?".
Er, well, you can guess the surprise when we said we hadn't got one.
It took a quick round up of every able bodied, and even less so like me, to heave to and unload this bloody thing and shove it inside.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
We have consolidated down to only three vehicles. a BMW 440i Gran Coupe, a Boss Mountain bike for me, and a Claud Butler bike for the mrs lol.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
We have consolidated down to only three vehicles. a BMW 440i Gran Coupe, a Boss Mountain bike for me, and a Claud Butler bike for the mrs lol.
You've triggered the neurons with talk of bicycles.
Yonks ago, I was persuaded (arm twisted more like) to run our local school cycling proficiency courses.
Thought it a good thing to have a bike, instead of running round trying to keep up with the blighters.
Went to a renowned bicycle repair man and refurbisher in nearby town as I wasn't going to pay silly money nor have the then current bum in the air racer.
He flogged me, for a reasonable price, an ex policeman's Elswick.
It was enormous, and therefore very imposing for both impressing kids and parents.
One did feel rather grand though, head and shoulders above most of the traffic. :cool: