What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What am I doing wrong? - Uploading Photos

A

Anonymous

:helpme:
Just to add to this link. I just posted two pictures of my LED puddle lights. I used the method I listed above. BUT to be even more helpful ? When you change the big number of the pixel size, paint auto changes the little number for you to 450 (big number is 600) click the close and yes to save. Then when I post it works fine. :dance:

Paul141
:beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Right, to try and help out those having problems uploading photos I've done a quick test and this is what I did.

1. Take photo ( in this case on mobile phone)
2. I emailed the picture to my personal email account (this was just to get the photo onto my PC as I didn't have any downloading gear handy).
3. Opened the email and saved the image ( to "my pictures" folder but you can put them wherever you wish)
4. Opened Photobucket and uploaded selected image from " my pictures" folder
5. Once uploaded in Photobucket click on the IMG link underneath the selected photo. This copies the URl ( or link) to the photo.
6. Open the RCZ forum and click on "new post" in the relevant section you wish to post in
7. Type any text as normal when doing a post and then paste the IMG link where you want a photo to appear, that you copied from Photobucket - like here

Do this for every photo you wish to post.
8. Click Submit
9. Your photo(s) should now appear in the post you submitted.

Please note that I didn't do any resizing, the RCZ forum has done that automatically.

Here's another link to a photo below

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Right, to try and help out those having problems uploading photos I've done a quick test and this is what I did.

1. Take photo ( in this case on mobile phone)
2. I emailed the picture to my personal email account (this was just to get the photo onto my PC as I didn't have any downloading gear handy).
3. Opened the email and saved the image ( to "my pictures" folder but you can put them wherever you wish)
4. Opened Photobucket and uploaded selected image from " my pictures" folder
5. Once uploaded in Photobucket click on the IMG link underneath the selected photo. This copies the URl ( or link) to the photo.
6. Open the RCZ forum and click on "new post" in the relevant section you wish to post in
7. Type any text as normal when doing a post and then paste the IMG link where you want a photo to appear, that you copied from Photobucket - like here

Do this for every photo you wish to post.
8. Click Submit
9. Your photo(s) should now appear in the post you submitted.

Please note that I didn't do any resizing, the RCZ forum has done that automatically.

Here's another link to a photo below

your snowfoam mixture looks a tad on the strong side or are you tring to bleach it white ;) :dance: :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with having it thick. It's the CG No Touch Snow foam which is thicker than normal snow foam. Thicker snow foam is what makes it cling to the car hence cleaning better.

A

Anonymous

Have you guy's & gal's tried :
http://www.snipca.com/X3902

it's said to do multi image resize to pre-set dimensions, with built in rename

Paul141

AND

If you want a step by step guide get this months Computer Active (issue 353) it has a multi page guide with pictures

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Have you guy's & gal's tried :
http://www.snipca.com/X3902

it's said to do multi image resize to pre-set dimensions, with built in rename

Paul141

AND

If you want a step by step guide get this months Computer Active (issue 353) it has a multi page guide with pictures

Tried to use it. Ie I downloaded it, but couldn't make head nor tail of it. Didn't tell you how to get started or anything, just kept bringing up pages that were of no interest at all. Far to generic if it was a n Image resizer then that's what it should do. So in answer to your question.... yes I have tried and yes I have failed and yes I have uninstalled it.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron, in the step by step guide I posted earlier in this thread, at which step is it that you have problem?
Maybe this will help us find where you maybe going wrong.

A

Anonymous

Ron,
OK, I just saw it in the mag and thought, it looked easy and did not use M/Soft Paint so put it up as an idea.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 if I knew where I was going wrong it would help me too. Not being flippant just honest. I can spend literally hours on trying to publish photos and never succeed. I really wanted to do one the other night of the wife's Beetle covered in several inches of snow in reply to your snow foaming one. It didn't happen!!!
I managed to get the link (if that's the correct word) to an album onto the forum. So that people could view several pictures that have found their way into there due to previous mistakes. I didn't want that and so deleted the post. I end up losing images, having images appear all over my computer. I even had the latest ones of Pearl2 appear on the front screen!!! Lord alone knows how I achieved that. They seem to have gone from where they originally appeared from the camera download. But hey I seem to have gotten em to you and you worked your magic. For which I am so grateful as I thought they came out really well.

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you had a link to the Photobucket album then you were almost there. You just need to go into the Photobucket album so that you can see each individual photograph. Then underneath each photograph, copy the IMG link. Click on the IMG link, copy, go to back to this forum and in your post click paste where you want the photo to appear, then go back to Photobucket and do the same again for each photo.

A

Anonymous

I have had a similar issue of my file sizes being to big having taken the pictures of both my "Z" and Corvette on my I phone tried to resize them using file size selection via the e mail function and upload resulting pictures \ files over a couple of nights before deciding to move on with life knowing the site will just about survive without my pictures
I will admit it has spoiled my enjoyment of the site not sharing my prides and joys with fellow petrol heads however at the end of the day I am a computer user at work who knows just enough to get by and function in my role so guess its my fault for being a 55yo "fossil" when it comes to IT?!

A

Anonymous

Right my first suggestion is that you upload your photos to photobucket. Once your photo is uploaded you simply have to copy and paste the IMG link into your post.

My second suggestion would be to download the Tapatalk app and upload them directly from your phone and tablet.

I would love to see your pictures and, if it helps in the short term, PM me for my email address and I'll upload them for you.