What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What am I doing wrong? - Uploading Photos

A

Anonymous

The extension is not allowed.
The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.

Following the advice of tonyrcz in how to upload your pictures. The above was the result. I have tried every evening now for a fortnight and failed miserably. Anyone able to give clear easy to follow advice in layman's terms?

Ron

A

Anonymous

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Don't think I can be of much help really mate, but I had a similar problem at first. My message was "Extention file too big", so I just resized to 600x600 pizels. Are you using jpeg???

Hope someone can help you soon, as we're keen to see your pics!!! Good luck :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ok I'll give this one a crack...Please follow the steps...scroll down for step 1...didnt manage step six...ill have to try and posit is some where else

A

Anonymous

Many thanks. I will study this tomorrow and try again.

Cheers

Ron

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
Don't think I can be of much help really mate, but I had a similar problem at first. My message was "Extention file too big", so I just resized to 600x600 pizels. Are you using jpeg???

Hope someone can help you soon, as we're keen to see your pics!!! Good luck :thumbup:

I have had that message many many times. But had thought that I may have cracked it by following the advice on this forum. But that was a new error message to me and the point at which I thought HELP. Have successfully posted them onto my old Astra forum but this site seems to be more problematical. Took me a fortnight of trying to get my avatar up. I have no idea how I did it in the end because I had tried so many different things that I was left totally confused. These pictures must be filed all over my computer as they have gone through so many different sites imageshack, photobucket, windows etc etc.

I will sit back down and study the replies to this query and try again. I really want to get them onto the site as they are fantastic images of the most beautifulest car on the road.

A

Anonymous

this is what i do, go to picresize.com and resize your picture 25% less and save to your picture file- then simply upload the resized pic onto the forum gallery page. simples.--------no not really i found it a pain at first. :dance:

A

Anonymous

I'm certain that this will be an absolutely dumm question & I'll show my ignorance by asking it, but have you tried loading your photo's using someone elses computer, or an iphone or something. Just wondering if you have fallen victim to a computer 'nasty' or something just prior to trying to upload them ???????

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
I'm certain that this will be an absolutely dumm question & I'll show my ignorance by asking it, but have you tried loading your photo's using someone elses computer, or an iphone or something. Just wondering if you have fallen victim to a computer 'nasty' or something just prior to trying to upload them ???????

No never. But I have given up on trying to upload photo's. I feel that I have downloaded so many things (picasa, imageshack, photobucket,etc) that must be jamming up my computer and I am no further forward. I simply don't have enough spare time to go to night school and learn how to use this thing properly

A

Anonymous

Attachments

• RCZ.jpg
    RCZ.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 8,594
  • P1000211.JPG
    P1000211.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 8,594
A

Anonymous

I have been trying to upload some pictures to attach to a submission to the Forum; following the Bit by BIt information from previous help offered by fellow Forummers.Still no joy.
Is there anywhere that a simplistic list of Step by Step instructions can be found,please. I'm not thick or computer illiterate but this one has got me stumped.
HELP !

Mal

A

Anonymous

Hope this helps :helpme:
This is on a PC, I use Windows 7, but think this is the same from XP onwards.
Open picture in "Paint" by right clicking on the picture and selecting the option "open with" -" Paint".
Once you have the picture open in paint, select the top bar widget "Resize" this opens a box for you to select the size you wish the picture to be.
Change the "Resize by" button from Percentage to Pixels. It then shows the pixel size of the picture you have open. Adjust this to the limits given (allow for the fact that pictures are a bit wider than they are high,unless they are taken in Landscape). So if your picture is 3648 pixels wide by 2736 high its about 100 pixels wider at this size, so if you make the picture 600 pixels wide it should be 362 pixels high (approx). Then save this to somewhere you can easy find it. Log in and post.

Paul141 :beer:

A

Anonymous

Cheers Paul,

I will attempt yet again to pertform this wonderous yet mystique action of transporting photo's for all to enjoy......................................I hope I can repair the damage of throwing my laptop at the wall. B****r

regards
Mal

A

Anonymous

i will try i did and this wonderfull site tells me the file is too BIG does anyone know how to done size your photos :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
i will try i did and this wonderfull site tells me the file is too BIG does anyone know how to done size your photos :(
Yep a very common problem on this site for some reason. However some members to reproduce some stunning as well as large photo's. I've stopped asking how, as I never understand the replies. I guess I need to learn computer language in order to understand, but I don't think I'd take it on board now. :sleeping-yellow:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron, have you tried Photobucket?. Upload your pics on there and then copy the IMG code and paste the code into the main text of your post, not under the attachment section, when you do a new post. Resize to about 800 pixels on the longest side.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jassyo06 said:
Yep a very common problem on this site for some reason. However some members to reproduce some stunning as well as large photo's. I've stopped asking how, as I never understand the replies. I guess I need to learn computer language in order to understand, but I don't think I'd take it on board now. :sleeping-yellow:

Ditto...................at 48 i only use the pc for buying/forums

A

Anonymous

Failed again...................Wouldnt it be a good idea for the Forum Site authors to come up with a more manageable method to carry out what should be a simple activity? I feel that you have to hold a degree in Computer Sciences !
Perhaps there are many more members in the same boat ! If it were more user friendly, we could possibly see a lot more pictures ! Just a thought.

A

Anonymous

MEvans-try site picresizer. click browse and double click your picture-then continue, reduce size by 25% and save to pc file.
then the new reduced size pic will upload onto forum. simples.

A

Anonymous

There is a guide here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74 which was produced a while ago but does not cover image re-sizing.

Unfortunately uploading high resolution images directly on to the site is not possible due the the high number of downloads. Additionally, when a larger image is uploaded/linked to the site it is resized anyway so there is no need for such high res.