What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

WATER IN TYRE WELL ???

A

Anonymous

I have got the Jaguar space saver wheel option in my boot well. It fits in but does not make contact with the base on the boot well.

Removed it today and there is no signs of condensation of wheel, tools or bootwell. It sits about 1" away from the base of the boot well and with the tool tray on top sits level with the boot carpet/board.

May be you need an air gap in the base of the boot well.

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
I have got the Jaguar space saver wheel option in my boot well. It fits in but does not make contact with the base on the boot well.

Removed it today and there is no signs of condensation of wheel, tools or bootwell. It sits about 1" away from the base of the boot well and with the tool tray on top sits level with the boot carpet/board.

May be you need an air gap in the base of the boot well.

Yeah i think you may have a good point, my tyre on the full size 19" alloy sit's jammed tight against the steel wall.
One other issue of this water or condensation is that i seemed to have developed an electrical fault with the central locking, mainly affecting the boot lock, so i'm wandering if i do actually have a leak and it is NOT condensation, at the moment everything seems dry again and the lock fault has righted itself again so i'm just keeping an eye on things and see where we go with all of this.

Thanks for the tip though. :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Yeah i think you may have a good point, my tyre on the full size 19" alloy sit's jammed tight against the steel wall.
One other issue of this water or condensation is that i seemed to have developed an electrical fault with the central locking, mainly affecting the boot lock, so i'm wandering if i do actually have a leak and it is NOT condensation, at the moment everything seems dry again and the lock fault has righted itself again so i'm just keeping an eye on things and see where we go with all of this.

Thanks for the tip though. :beer:

Any update on this issue?

A

Anonymous

Tom,
What I did was wrap the tyre in a cotton sheet and that seems to have held back any condensation coming from the tyre/alloy.
Also slightly deflated the tyre, so that it does not touch the walls of the tyre well.
One side of the boot well can get warm because the rear exhaust box sits very close to the well, so I'm guessing that on a damp or cold day this can cause condensation if you have a cold alloy wheel sitting in the well. :eusa-think:

As for the electrical issue, that was down to water getting into the actual boot lid switch, which has affected a number of Z's according to my dealer.
The switch was changed under warranty, big job as the whole rear bumper has to come off just to replace the switch, which is modified to stop water getting into it.

This was done a few months back now, and so far all is still good :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Tom,
What I did was wrap the tyre in a cotton sheet and that seems to have held back any condensation coming from the tyre/alloy.

Thanks for the update :thumbup:

I plan to put some foamed plastic/rubber into the tyre well when my spare alloy arrives...