What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wanted RCZ R

mickz

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a RCZ R for around the 10K mark.
i noticed there was a couple on autotrader but they have been sold.
I live in the SE but can travel.
Thanks Mick

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s one for sale on the Facebook owners site he said he’ll let an enthusiast have it for 8K looks really nice but I reckon it’s probably gone now.

mickz

Reaction score
There’s one for sale on the Facebook owners site he said he’ll let an enthusiast have it for 8K looks really nice but I reckon it’s probably gone now.
Cheers i have applied to join ,but i probably think your right about being sold.

Kerr

Reaction score
There's only really been a few for £10k or under.

One was a 94k car that someone on here bought. The £10k car on Autotrader now that has sold has been like that for weeks. The brakes are clearly gone on that car. Discs and calipers.

There was a main dealer bargain at £10.5k. It looked really good in their video other than chunks out the sidewalls in the tyre. It was a 63 plate. Another dealer had one for £15k for a 65 plate last week and another has just gone up for £16k.

The red one on Autotrader has been on for a few weeks now. Maybe they'll negotiate on £11,250.

To get down to £10k I think you're either looking at high mileage or impending bills.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
There was some one on Facebook selling one for I think 🤔 £8000. But it had a faulty turbo I think but he's spent a few quid on the car and he's saying that it's good for a person who is keen to play with it and keep it for a while... Not on Facebook myself but sure someone else has seen it posted have a look...
Happy hunting...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

mickz

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the facebook rczr , ive bought the car and just need to pick it up now.

mickz

Reaction score
cheers guys,
ive just bought the one on facefook , it was a faulty HPFP which has had new seals now.

Its had the following also done.

Tarox Sports Groved Disks
Calipers and pistons refurbed
sports pads
timing chain and tensinors
4 new tyres
front coils

also two owners and full pug service history so hopefully it might work out well for me.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done Mick.....
So happy to help out..
Hope you enjoy your new RCZ R.....
You will have to post some photos of your new motor.....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

indoldn

Reaction score
What a great buy! The owner is very honest and has spent considerable amount maintaining the car. I am sure it will work out very well for you.
I am certainly very envious, likely to be the best bargain so far!

mickz

Reaction score
What a great buy! The owner is very honest and has spent considerable amount maintaining the car. I am sure it will work out very well for you.
I am certainly very envious, likely to be the best bargain so far!
Looking forward to getting behind the wheel

wilsofar

Reaction score
Just seen on eBay ,2014 R with 43K for £6900 in Worksop.

I would have it but my small share portfolio has taken a big hit so I'll be saving up over the next year !

Seems far too cheap -just about the price for a 200 or even a 156 of that year.

indoldn

Reaction score
That one is a fraudulent listing. A member is selling that listed here & autotrader. eBay has been notified but has not taken it down.

mickz

Reaction score
Hi , ive had the car picked up from the lake district and delivered but after it was collected the guy said it had a MAF problem but it was under warranty so hes sending me a new one to fit , the error codes does show the problem but my worry is that connected or disconnected the car feels like a 100bhp car and struggles up hill.
Can any one help me ?
what power loss problems wouldnt show up in fault codes? Turbo,ERG ect?
any help would be appriciated.
Mick

Kerr

Reaction score
Oh no. Hopefully it's a simple fix and nothing serious. It did sound as if the car was too cheap.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi , ive had the car picked up from the lake district and delivered but after it was collected the guy said it had a MAF problem but it was under warranty so hes sending me a new one to fit , the error codes does show the problem but my worry is that connected or disconnected the car feels like a 100bhp car and struggles up hill.
Can any one help me ?
what power loss problems wouldnt show up in fault codes? Turbo,ERG ect?
any help would be appriciated.
Mick
I saw this car advertised on the Facebook owners site when the owner originally listed it he said there were a problem with the turbo that he couldn’t sort and he was going to sell it cheap, after a couple of weeks the car was re advertised as saying the problem was the HP fuel pump and a new one was being fitted.
I think you’ve made a big error not driving the car before you parted with any cash, the guy has obviously thrown a lot of money at the car and looks like it’s still not sorted the original problem I think the MAF problem is a smokescreen and there are probably underlying issues, could be a money pit to solve or may be a quick fix but I reckon he’s hit a major fault and got shut.
You obviously bought the car in good faith believing it was running fine so you should have some recourse by saying not fit for purpose.
Let us know how you get on.

mickz

Reaction score
I saw this car advertised on the Facebook owners site when the owner originally listed it he said there were a problem with the turbo that he couldn’t sort and he was going to sell it cheap, after a couple of weeks the car was re advertised as saying the problem was the HP fuel pump and a new one was being fitted.
I think you’ve made a big error not driving the car before you parted with any cash, the guy has obviously thrown a lot of money at the car and looks like it’s still not sorted the original problem I think the MAF problem is a smokescreen and there are probably underlying issues, could be a money pit to solve or may be a quick fix but I reckon he’s hit a major fault and got shut.
You obviously bought the car in good faith believing it was running fine so you should have some recourse by saying not fit for purpose.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks for that , i dont suppose theres a link to the post about turbo or do you think he has deleted it?
Mick

indoldn

Reaction score
Thanks for that , i dont suppose theres a link to the post about turbo or do you think he has deleted it?
Mick

I can't remember the comment about turbo, but if there was it would have been on the RCZ Owners Group Sales And Wanted Posts Only FB group and the post would have been removed (as per the group rules) as the car has been sold.

I remember he mentioned he had an issue and waiting for a diagnostic tool to diagnose it. It was diagnosed as HPFP and said he was going to get it done before selling it.

Personally I was very interested and looking at the various posts the seller came across honest. Granted it could still have other issues but I would have been very tempted to make the trip up to check it out had I not already bought myself a THP200 back in December.

Hope you'll get it sorted out without too much issue.