What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wanted RCZ R

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that , i dont suppose theres a link to the post about turbo or do you think he has deleted it?
Mick
Yes the posts have gone now but he did originally advertise it as having an unresolved Turbo problem and I’m sure he did mention power loss. There were numerous private messages on the car at that time. And I thought it would have been snatched up as it was so cheap but then it was re advertised saying it was having a HPFP fitted and the price was the same.

mickz

Reaction score
Yes the posts have gone now but he did originally advertise it as having an unresolved Turbo problem and I’m sure he did mention power loss. There were numerous private messages on the car at that time. And I thought it would have been snatched up as it was so cheap but then it was re advertised saying it was having a HPFP fitted and the price was the same.
Thank you for your help , he has now refunded me my money and taken the car back , so im on the lookout for another R

Kerr

Reaction score
Thank you for your help , he has now refunded me my money and taken the car back , so im on the lookout for another R

Surprised he did that without much of a fight. Good end.

The £10,587 car on Autotrader at a Peugeot dealer looks a good deal. However, it's "sold" a couple of times and then has gone back up for sale. It can't be as good as it looks in the video and pictures. Cheap tyres with chunks out the sidewall is all the video picks up.

The £11,495 red one was sold and subject to pick up for weeks. It was originally underpriced at £9995, but the discs and calipers looked a mess. The pictures still look the same. Not sure if they've been forced to change them. I've been to that garage before and was far from impressed.

mickz

Reaction score
Surprised he did that without much of a fight. Good end.

The £10,587 car on Autotrader at a Peugeot dealer looks a good deal. However, it's "sold" a couple of times and then has gone back up for sale. It can't be as good as it looks in the video and pictures. Cheap tyres with chunks out the sidewall is all the video picks up.

The £11,495 red one was sold and subject to pick up for weeks. It was originally underpriced at £9995, but the discs and calipers looked a mess. The pictures still look the same. Not sure if they've been forced to change them. I've been to that garage before and was far from impressed.
Thank you for that, i dont know about the RCZ R but get a feeling that the brakes are a real issue.
obviously i need to look carefully at what i buy.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you got a refund, obviously the seller was a decent guy and maybe thought if someone bought it cheap they would try and sort the issue out.
Thing is you don’t know who has been trying to sort it previously, it just looks like someone’s been throwing parts at it hoping something would work.
What I’ve learned over 6 years of ownership is that these motors throw up all sorts of spurious fault codes that may not actually relate at all to the actual issue and only technicians with previous experiences with the faults can see through the imposters.
If you want a good R then I’m afraid your going to probably have to step up and pay a little more than 10K and probably have to travel far and wide to find that perfect car.
Good luck keep us up to speed with how you get on 👍

Kerr

Reaction score
The cheap main dealer car has sold again. There is still some people willing to spend money just now.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
mickz, if your still after a R and haven’t been put off by your recent purchase, the I’m giving you the heads up of one of the best looking R’s about which looks like it’s going to go on the market and I’m sure will sell in no time at all and most likely through the Facebook owners group it’s actually the owner of the Facebook groups car Kerry thurkettle she’s just announced that her R is going up for sale. If your interested be quick!

1gav68

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a RCZ R for around the 10K mark.
i noticed there was a couple on autotrader but they have been sold.
I live in the SE but can travel.
Thanks Mick
Hi mick im in kent and selling my r , but def not for 10 k you wont get a nice one for that i reckon mate have to dig a bit deeper

2retro

Reaction score
mickz, if your still after a R and haven’t been put off by your recent purchase, the I’m giving you the heads up of one of the best looking R’s about which looks like it’s going to go on the market and I’m sure will sell in no time at all and most likely through the Facebook owners group it’s actually the owner of the Facebook groups car Kerry thurkettle she’s just announced that her R is going up for sale. If your interested be quick!
Again?! 🤦‍♂️

Kerr

Reaction score
There's a 2016 65 plate coming on Autotrader. It has less that 10k miles.

They want £20k for it. Autotrader think that's only £1600 too much.

1gav68

Reaction score
There's a 2016 65 plate coming on Autotrader. It has less that 10k miles.

They want £20k for it. Autotrader think that's only £1600 too much.
Did you find a rcz r ?

Kerr

Reaction score
Autotrader has a cheap 14 plate with 51k miles for just £9k.

Looks like it needs the wheels done and the brakes look tired.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
There's five for sale on Auto trader but like you said £9000 seems to be a good price for the R but when you add costs of wheels refurbished then the disc and pads all adds up to a lot of money...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co