What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Wanted RCZ 2.0HDI GT in Black or White

A

Anonymous

Re: Wanted RCZ 2.0HDI GT in Black

ashy said:
How do you know that the black rcz has xenons and whats the advantage of having them. Hope this is not a stupid question if it is then i have had a hard long day at work haha
The diamond shaped piece off plastic beneath the headlamps gives it away, as these are headlamp washer jets. To have those it has the vision pack fitted. So you get Bi Xenon headlights, which give of a clearer white light rather than the normal yellowish. Far better to see with. Country lanes on full beam is like driving in daylight !! The lights beams turn in conjunction with the steering. So your lights are always pointing in the direction of travel. So great around sharp corners. You also get tyre pressure sensors with the pack :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for that description, must do more reading up.

A

Anonymous

After all this time waiting for the right car to come along i have decieded that the RCZ might not be the right car for me due to a 3 year old grandchild and the daughter having to endure a 30 mile journey 3 times a week in the back seat.
I have deceided to get a Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 16v SRI in olympic White, It is a demo model with 911 miles on the clock at only £16,890. which includes the 19" aloy wheels.

A

Anonymous

I took my RCZ fully loaded with all seats occupied by 3 adults and 1 teenager to North Wales last year to a caravan park. A 5 hour journey as we had to go from Luton to Liverpool first then on to Wales. We did stop once on the journey to Liverpool, and the only issue I encountered was when I went over a speed hump a little too fast, the girls heads would hit the double bubble roof! I didn't do it that often though. The size of the boot was ample, and as long as you're not too large, the back seats are ok. Not great, but when you drive the car 95% of time with 1 or 2 occupants, a small sacrifice to make. Would I do it again... We're going to Cornwall this year, after a trip to Las Vegas first.

A

Anonymous

I took my RCZ fully loaded with all seats occupied by 3 adults and 1 teenager to North Wales last year to a caravan park

What were they, oompah loompas?

A

Anonymous

The hunt is back on for the RCZ. New job in 3 weeks so i loose my works van. The car can now be a petrol or diesel but must be Nera black. I am searching auto trader piston heads and ebay. If anyone else see's a car for under 18k which is not on these sites please post a link, if you are thinking of selling drop me a post, i only have 3 weeks max to get sorted.

A

Anonymous

Just found another grand so looking at £18,000. Must be something out there.

A

Anonymous

ashy said:
Just found another grand so looking at £18,000. Must be something out there.

For a 60 plate the world is your oyster Ashy or a better specced 10 plate :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

There are 5 diesel rcz on autotrader for 18k or less. What you waiting for? Alternatively have you considered leasing a Brand new rcz gt hdi. You can get one for around £348 pm based on 10k miles pa, so after 2 years will have cost you just over 9k. That's probably amount you would lose in depreciation. Of course that price won't include any extra's but I don't think it would go up much for an extra or 2 (unless you want sat nav). I think I will lease my next car, then I won't need to worry about part exchange or selling privately.

A

Anonymous

jeez wish i could just find a grand!

A

Anonymous

I should find out if i get my new job next week and if so i will have 2 weeks to get my dream car. I have changed the title to Black or White car as i am growing fonder of the opal white. PM me if you are thinking of part ex'ing your car Thanks

A

Anonymous

People who want to part their rcz most probably have lost interest in the car...hence unlikely to still hang around in this forum...

A

Anonymous

I am still looking but unfortunatly i am after the HDI. Car looks good and good luck in selling your pride and joy.

A

Anonymous

Well the hunt is over, i have done a deal over the phone as the car is 120 miles away on a Black HDI GT 2011 (61 reg) with 13,000 on the clock. Managed to get £800 off tha asking price with hard negociations ( WHERE IS SPELL CHECK) LOL so paid only £18,788 for a 7 month old car. Going to view car one day this week when work allows and pick car up on saturday providing car is as stated by salesman.

A

Anonymous

ashy said:
Well the hunt is over, i have done a deal over the phone as the car is 120 miles away on a Black HDI GT 2011 (61 reg) with 13,000 on the clock. Managed to get £800 off tha asking price with hard negociations ( WHERE IS SPELL CHECK) LOL so paid only £18,788 for a 7 month old car. Going to view car one day this week when work allows and pick car up on saturday providing car is as stated by salesman.

SEEING the car cuts the deal whats the colour spec and 13,000 miles on a 61 plate is a lot :shock: to date for a £19,000 rcz,it better be fully loaded or near enough with that mileage and year as your just basically saving the vat off the car since new on a basic specced hdi if not i would walk away as its mostly done motorway miles and motorway driving brings in lots of stonechips on the bodywork and on the windscreen but proof is in the pudding and also doing that mileage the oem front tyres on a hdi will nearly be at their expiry date so that would cost ya another £500 to replace :(

RCZ1

Reaction score
Motorway driving should be kinder to your tyres as its the stopping and starting of town driving that wears out your tyres. Nelliebear, if I remember rightly got about 30k out of his tyres.

Make sure to check out the car thoroughly when you go and see it and hope it turns out well for you.

A

Anonymous

Above points taken on board, This will be a good test drive not around the block as i normally do, I have a check list ready.
Found a better deal but the car was dolphin blue and the other half would not entertain it, same price, same year but with only 6k on the clock and only 40 miles from home.
I will be talking to the garage tomorrow so i will ask them to check for tyre tread and stone chips prior to the viewing.

A

Anonymous

7 Hours of my life wasted. I asked the salesman to be honest and give me the condition of the car as i would be doing a 300 mile round trip.
Reply was showroom condition apart from 3 stone chips on the bonnet and 2 on the wing, 4mm tread left on the front tyres.
Arrived at the showroom to find 3 x 50mm scratches down to primer behind the passenger door, 100mm hairline scratch down to primer on the wing, the drivers side sill was scratched to death nearly full length of silver rcz strip, 3 deep chips on the bonnet which had blobs of black paint dropped into them and the front bumper looked like it had been shot at close range with a 12 bore shotgun. The tyres were lucky to have 3mm of tread and all that was seen with the car wet, god nows what i would of seen with the car dry and polished.
Taking jazzyo06 advice and leaving motorway driven cars alone.
Nevermind will keep on looking.