What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Undertray Issue

jonkirby1974

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope you're well.

I've a small issue with the under tray where by it keeps coming unclipped. Those 2 litttle spring loaded catches latch nicely but when I check them again they've popped free. Any ideas why? Is it not fitted properly?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I think that it's not fitted correctly as I took the tray off the wife's when I was doing an oil change its a Hdi but didn't think that there is any difference, most of the tray is fixed with bolts and the other one's have clips that then have there own grub bolts, if they are missing it will not stay in place. These can be purchased from peougeot for a couple of quid so might be a case of getting some additional one's and go from there hope this has been a little help for you an you get it sorted.
So drive safe and stay lucky
Les n Co... :beer: :dance:

jonkirby1974

Reaction score
A HDI I'll try and get a pic. There are 2 tabs that snap in near to the front of the car, you pull them forwards to release but they keep releasing on their own.

tianorth

Reaction score
These are from my HDi

There are 2 at the rear

2 in the middle

I think 1 each side on middle (where the 4 square holes are).

I think the front just sits on the lip.

Attachments

• 20140516_145146.jpg
    20140516_145146.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140516_145151.jpg
    20140516_145151.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 43

DRTDVL

Reaction score
I've never seen an under tray on ours, is it a desiel only thing?

tianorth

Reaction score
Yes only the diesel has a full undertray.
The petrols do not have an undertray only around edges, sump can be seen.

KMG

Reaction score
Yes only the diesel has a full undertray.
The petrols do not have an undertray only around edges, sump can be seen.
Does anyone have the petrol version part number, as my undertray is missing. Doh!

As an update, I went to my local Peugeot dealer to order an 'engine undertray'. Some confusion ensued and in the end I was informed I needed one that protected some pulley or other that costs 50 quid plus some for fixings. Apparently it's relatively small. I ordered it anyway.
If I search on EBay for an RCZ (petrol 156) undertray, I'm usually shown a 'U' shaped item.
If anyone can tell me exactly what I need given that my 'engine undertray is missing', I'd be very grateful. Any pictures would also be appreciated!
Thanks,

KG

Last edited: