What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyre Pressures

Ian J.

Reaction score
So the tyre pressure warning light is on and has been for a couple of weeks but the pressures are ok
Anyone know if you can reset them .

Pedro

Reaction score
Code reader to check if sensors are OK

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The battery could be flat like the tyre 😂 I have heard that the battery only Last about six years and could well be the problem.. If the tyre is up to pressure then it more than likely to be this...

Ian J.

Reaction score
The battery could be flat like the tyre 😂 I have heard that the battery only Last about six years and could well be the problem.. If the tyre is up to pressure then it more than likely to be this...
Car is 5 years old and hardly used in the last few months so battery probably is a bit flat but would this really effect tyre pressure sensors ?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It has been known to affect all kind of electrical functions.

BSI reset....

Put the drivers window down, lift the bonnet & ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from ignition,
Wait 3 minutes, disconnect vehicle battery & wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect battery, wait further 10 seconds (do not open doors)
Switch on the side lights through the drivers window.
Switch on the ignition & check systems functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door, test central locking system.
Start the engine & complete the system check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Let us know if this helps.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
My cars over 10 years old and all sensors still going strong, I thought you could reset the MK 2 tpms Via dash?

Ian J.

Reaction score
My cars over 10 years old and all sensors still going strong, I thought you could reset the MK 2 tpms Via dash?
To be honest I thought you could but there is no mention of it in the manual
Seem to remember a similar issue I had with my mark 1 years back.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
It is winter time. Tyre pressure drops when car sits in cold compared to pressure saved during warmer period.
I had it from time to time while driving in cold. And the battery on the rear winter tyres went as those tyres run for about 5 years without replacing.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I also was surprised by the batteries going flat that quickly. But then I didn't bother about the occasional warning on the dash as I was checking the pressures regularly. The rears run for ever on the same winter tyres. The hardly wear off.

lekserok

Reaction score
My car is 10 years old. I also have problems with tire pressure. I checked the tire pressure and it was ok. But it sometimes tells me the front right is empty then the left front and again the back left and so this is repeated. The car also switches to safety mode and loses power. At the service I checked for faults on the machine. The computer showed no faults and everything was ok. I'm wondering if the faults will be fixed if I replace all four sensors in the tires? Or they can be empty batteries in sensors. Please help me

Fault images

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_163150.jpg
    IMG_20210620_163150.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210620_163308.jpg
    IMG_20210620_163308.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210620_163300.jpg
    IMG_20210620_163300.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210620_163223.jpg
    IMG_20210620_163223.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210620_165440.jpg
    IMG_20210620_165440.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
My car is 10 years old. I also have problems with tire pressure. I checked the tire pressure and it was ok. But it sometimes tells me the front right is empty then the left front and again the back left and so this is repeated. The car also switches to safety mode and loses power. At the service I checked for faults on the machine. The computer showed no faults and everything was ok. I'm wondering if the faults will be fixed if I replace all four sensors in the tires? Or they can be empty batteries in sensors. Please help me

Fault images
Yes looks like your sensor batteries are failing at 10 years old they’ve not done bad they're only supposed to last 5 years look online for replacements they’ll be expensive direct from Peugeot.

lekserok

Reaction score
Yes its realy expensive. I reset my computer today so it no longer detects any sensors in my tires. I replaced the valves with ordinary ones and solved the problem👍😂

MrDavy

Reaction score
Yes its realy expensive. I reset my computer today so it no longer detects any sensors in my tires. I replaced the valves with ordinary ones and solved the problem👍😂
Think I am going to do the same replace the valves with ordinary ones as one keeps alerting when its cold but not that cold

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
There's some where in the settings you can change the psi but the new tpms are now cheap enough to get a set and change if one keeps falling change all and have the tyres sealed on the rims which can be the source of the issue too. As I had one that kept saying tyre was flat now no longer a problem..